WWYD, waitlist stress…

dlm1017

Mouseketeer
My trip date is 4/26-4/30 and I have never once had a waitlist come through :sad1: so… I am stressing a bit over this one because it is my step-moms first trip and I want it to be special and not overwhelming with a split stay. With that said, I am booked for our arrival night at OKW, then the next 4 nights at VWL (studio). I am waitlisted for the first night at WL (Thursday) and also waitlisted for the entire stay at BWV. Should I wait it out and hope my waitlist comes through for WL? I don’t have much hope for BWV, all but sat is booked at BW. OR, should I book a 1br for the first night at WL, which is available?
Then I would at least be in the same resort and just have to move rooms. (Is it really worth it for 20 additional points for one night?) We arrive on Thursday late afternoon and will not be visiting a park so just dinner and sleep. Right now I have an ADR at Kona. If waitlist doesn’t come through we may just take boat to DTD for dinner. Then up early for our segway tour in Epcot on Friday, so we could just have our bags sent to VWL. We would be spending the day at the garden festival in Epcot so waiting for a room to be available wouldn’t be a big deal. WWYD? I am almost thinking since we won’t have time to get to downtown it might be easy to do that the first night and OKW would be convenient ??? what to do...what to do……:confused:

Any advice? :listen:

Dana
:thanks:

Personally I'd much rather move down the hall rather than to a different resort, but ultimately it's a question of how many points you have lying around--if you can "afford" the 1 BR, I would do it. HOWEVER, also consider that going from a 1 BR to a Studio might be a bit disappointing!

I would make sure the waitlists are not expiring 30 days out, let them run to 7 days out. You never know what will happen, you might be surprised and get BWV after all.

It sounds like you have a solid plan in place for the possibility that you end up at OKW, and if you don't think it's that big of a deal then I would just stick with that and keep the Waitlists. Unless, like I said, you have excess points that you want to burn!

Either way you will have fun, don't sweat the small stuff!

I feel ya on the stress. :goodvibes I'd hate to move for a night but like the PP said, I'd rather move down the hall, potentially, than resorts. If you can get away with hardly unpacking that will make it less painful. Good luck! I hope your wait list comes though. :wizard:

I was on waitlist for dedicated 2 bedroom savanah view at Kidani for 8 nights in august. I booked the 2 bedrrom lock -off and waitlisted. Ive been checking thru online booking last few weeks daily just to see. Well yesterday I see that all but one night is avaliable for my waitlist... so I called MS. The women was GREAT !! I didnt tell her I checked online just told them I was checking on my waitlist to see if the dedicated became avaliable yet. She told me what I already knew- only one night missing, BUT she said hold on let me call the resort. SHe came back on the phone a few min later and said she got the night and changed reservation from the lock off to the dedicated two bedroom:banana:

I thanked her over and over and cant wait to go home to AKL- so here's throwing some pixie dust your way too !!:wizard:

There is hope just keep checking

Hang in there-- I just got my waitlist at VWL. They do happen! Otherwise, you sound like you have a great plan. I have had to do split resorts a few times, and the only time it was a big pain was when I had an infant and had all those baby accessories to carry around! Otherwise, it's not too bad.

No matter what happens it will be special, since you are at WDW! And all the vacation clubs are wonderful. You will have a great time!

For one of our trips there were 3 families (6 adults and 3 toddlers). We stayed at the All Stars for a night our two and then i had SSR 2 bedroom plus a studio booked but had a grand villa waitlisted at OKW. I called numerous times to check on the status but it never came through. Either the day before or the morning we were due to go to SSR I called just to check and see if anything became available and sure enough we got the GV at OKW...it was great to be together and in such a spacious villa. Going again in May for a big family trip :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter