WWYD? Trade 1 night for 3?

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
If you were arriving later in the evening (around 7-8 pm), would you cancel the first night in a 2-BR at AKV if it meant you could add one night in a HHI studio plus 2 nights in an AKV studio next year? Thinking of canceling our first night this summer, staying at a cheaper hotel, getting up early to check in at Kidani, then heading to Boma breakfast and Disney Quest or a water park. I realize the 2-BR won't be ready until later in the afternoon that next day, but we will be at Disney Springs most of the day anyway.

We always stay in studios to preserve points and get the most nights we can per year. BTW I think there is no more Disney Quest with all of the changes at Disney Springs...

We always stay in studios to preserve points and get the most nights we can per year. BTW I think there is no more Disney Quest with all of the changes at Disney Springs...
Maybe I didn't make my original post clear. The question is not about whether to stay in a studio or not. The question is should I cancel the first night in the 2-BR since we will be arriving late and then using those points to add 3 nights in studios to LATER trips. We must have a 2-BR for this trip due to the sleeping arrangements. But my DH and I always stay in studios to preserve points. So the future trips that I can add nights to will be just my DH and me.

Yes, I think I would, as long as that night can be cancelled without messing with the rest of my reservation. We have recently been adding an extra night to the front of our WDW trips. Stay offsite near Disney Springs or stay at a value or moderate resort for that one night instead of using our DVC points for arrival day -- especially is arriving late.

Maybe I didn't make my original post clear. The question is not about whether to stay in a studio or not. The question is should I cancel the first night in the 2-BR since we will be arriving late and then using those points to add 3 nights in studios to LATER trips. We must have a 2-BR for this trip due to the sleeping arrangements. But my DH and I always stay in studios to preserve points. So the future trips that I can add nights to will be just my DH and me.

No, I got it. I was saying that if it were MY choice yes, I would cancel because I would always stretch my points as far as I could (ie use them in studios).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter