Wow! Prices have sky rocketed....

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
Wow, I bought my AKV in May I think... and I had planned to get another contract at BLT etc... but wow... have prices gone way up.

I don't need the extra for a while.... any chance these prices will go back down a little and if so when?

Thanks.. KIM

Yes, they will almost certainly go down again.

But.

Probably not until the next recession. And even then, not until after Star Wars Land debuts.

2020 at the earliest.

Wow, I bought my AKV in May I think... and I had planned to get another contract at BLT etc... but wow... have prices gone way up.

I don't need the extra for a while.... any chance these prices will go back down a little and if so when?

Thanks.. KIM

Ha, yeah, this is making our BLT purchase last spring feel like the deal of the century! Someone did pass ROFR recently with a $106 pp contract, so I think you just have to find the seller who is willing to sell. I just made an offer on a BWV contract and did not get very far. but I'm pretty firm in what we will pay, and willing to wait a while.

Ha, yeah, this is making our BLT purchase last spring feel like the deal of the century! Someone did pass ROFR recently with a $106 pp contract, so I think you just have to find the seller who is willing to sell. I just made an offer on a BWV contract and did not get very far. but I'm pretty firm in what we will pay, and willing to wait a while.
I just had a contract taken today for BLT at $119. Based on the other prices I had seen, I thought it was a good deal. Apparently Disney did too. I guess the key is finding the seller who is willing to sell on a contract that is also not enticing to Disney.

I just had a contract taken today for BLT at $119. Based on the other prices I had seen, I thought it was a good deal. Apparently Disney did too. I guess the key is finding the seller who is willing to sell on a contract that is also not enticing to Disney.

Ugh! I am sorry. Was that the nicely loaded Dec UY? Hopefully another good one will come along.

Ugh! I am sorry. Was that the nicely loaded Dec UY? Hopefully another good one will come along.
It was. To be fair, I think it probably had more to do with the UY and being fully loaded than the price. But, that doesn’t help the rising prices.

Thanks.. KIM

Id recommend that you shop around. Don’t just look at the major players but also on some of the other ones. That is where the deals are made. I recently bought BWV at $90pp on a semi loaded contract.

Don’t be afraid to low ball you offers, I did on mine. IIRC mine was listed in the $120+ ish so I started at $88 and ended up on $90.

Definitely shop around. We ended up with a small, loaded AKV contract through a smaller company. Not a huge deal but at $104pp for 70 pts, not insane either. Just waiting for closing now, only 3 weeks since we put in our offer.

Definitely shop around. We ended up with a small, loaded AKV contract through a smaller company. Not a huge deal but at $104pp for 70 pts, not insane either. Just waiting for closing now, only 3 weeks since we put in our offer.
who are you using?

Id recommend that you shop around. Don’t just look at the major players but also on some of the other ones. That is where the deals are made. I recently bought BWV at $90pp on a semi loaded contract.

Don’t be afraid to low ball you offers, I did on mine. IIRC mine was listed in the $120+ ish so I started at $88 and ended up on $90.
Where did you find it?

NO kidding, I remember we were buying at the same time, I should have bought BLT first! I am even considering wilderness now but the end date is the issue... my son will be 33 when it ends, just having kids etc... that the issue....

NO kidding, I remember we were buying at the same time, I should have bought BLT first! I am even considering wilderness now but the end date is the issue... my son will be 33 when it ends, just having kids etc... that the issue....

I hear you! I was looking at BLT, BWV and BCV - whichever contract with the best price/UY/#points combination came up first. Weighted a little toward BLT because I thought BWV and BCV prices would stay lower for a while, and I wanted my 25pt direct add on at the longer contract.

If you really want an MK resort, would you look at VGF resale? Its prices are close to BLT's now, which makes it seem like a relative bargain. And then you wouldn't have the short end date.

.........(snip)….......If you really want an MK resort, would you look at VGF resale? Its prices are close to BLT's now, which makes it seem like a relative bargain. And then you wouldn't have the short end date.
Consider difference in points per night for villa size you plan to book. Maybe it's not such a bargain. ;) :)

Consider difference in points per night for villa size you plan to book. Maybe it's not such a bargain. ;) :)
thats the issue with even BLT! So many points needed.. especially compared to AKV.. thats a big reason I bought there... it takes so many more points to stay even at boudler ridge...

thats the issue with even BLT! So many points needed.. especially compared to AKV.. thats a big reason I bought there... it takes so many more points to stay even at boudler ridge...

I managed to stalk my way to a 1br-std at BLT within the 7 month window. If you're not going at prime times, I bet it's still doable (just have a backup plan). If you're not set on staying there ALL the time, SSR may be a better deal.

And dues on those points. That is still going to be the largest expense over the life of the contract.

I managed to stalk my way to a 1br-std at BLT within the 7 month window. If you're not going at prime times, I bet it's still doable (just have a backup plan). If you're not set on staying there ALL the time, SSR may be a better deal.
yeah.. considering that too due to exp dates... just was wanting a resort that was close to MK and monorail etc. But, who knows.. sometimes I think its better to own at one resort so you can use all points at one time, my issue is I am taking my cousins family in 2019, we are wanting 2-2 bedrooms, I have to get value at AKV becuase I don't have enough points for anything else... and we are most likely going for Christmas so I am worried about being able to book!! May have to walk at 11 months I am thinking!! If I own 2 different resorts, I will have to pool points at 7 months... soooooo lots to think about. I love the idea of owning 2 diff resorts most of the time.. and having 11 month booking at 2 options vs. one. UGH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts