WOW - NEW So. Cal. City Pass - $174.99 at Costco

RIFamily

Earning My Ears
I have been waiting for Costco to post the new So. Cal. City Passes and they are up on their website now for $174.99. That's $25 cheaper than the City Pass website! What a bargain .... :banana:

That is a pretty good price, if you plan on doing the other attractions. A 3 day park hopper alone is going to be $119-169 depending on when you buy it and use it.

Does anyone know if you can upgrade the 3 day park hopper for a 4 day hopper? Any ideas on how much more money it would be? Thanks!!

I'm pretty sure you can upgrade (other Diser's have said they have upgraded). You just pay the difference between the the 3-Day and 4-Day Hoppers at the time you are upgrading.

Can someone fill me in on what the city pass includes??? I am planning a week in Dec and will have a few extra days beyond Disneyland to plan for. Are these passes good through Dec???

Thanks,
Drew

Admission to the following six attractions:
3-day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Bonus Ticket* valid for admission to both Disneyland® Park and Disney’s California Adventure® Park
1-day admission ticket to SeaWorld Adventure Park® San Diego
1-day admission ticket to the San Diego Zoo® or San Diego Zoo® Wild Animal Park
1-day admission ticket to Universal Studios Hollywood™©
Booklet expires 14 days past date of first use
First day of use must occur by January 2, 2007

Adults $175, kids $140 (3-9)

Pokemom said:
I'm pretty sure you can upgrade (other Diser's have said they have upgraded). You just pay the difference between the the 3-Day and 4-Day Hoppers at the time you are upgrading.

Where would you call to find out?

You can definitely upgrade the parkhopper. You will receive credit for the amount you "paid" for the 3-day pass, which I believe would be $149 because that is what they are selling the advance passes for. You would be charged the difference between that and whatever price they are selling the 4-day passes for at the time you upgrade. I did this last summer without any problem; upgraded to an annual pass for $70; I was given $139 credit toward the $209 AP (went up to $229 the next day).

If you call guest services, they should tell you that you can upgrade, but they are somewhat clueless about how much it will cost. I was given different information than what was actually true, which is in line with the approximately 50% accuracy rate of Disney CM's.

Is this pass available on the Costco website? I can't seem to find it. Help please!! :confused3

Just go to Costco.com and type "city pass" in the search field. Obviously, you have to be a member to purchase the tickets (or you pay an additional 5% for them) ... :thumbsup2

karylrocks said:
You can definitely upgrade the parkhopper. You will receive credit for the amount you "paid" for the 3-day pass, which I believe would be $149 because that is what they are selling the advance passes for. You would be charged the difference between that and whatever price they are selling the 4-day passes for at the time you upgrade. I did this last summer without any problem; upgraded to an annual pass for $70; I was given $139 credit toward the $209 AP (went up to $229 the next day).

If you call guest services, they should tell you that you can upgrade, but they are somewhat clueless about how much it will cost. I was given different information than what was actually true, which is in line with the approximately 50% accuracy rate of Disney CM's.

So you would pay the gate price for the 4 day hopper? You would lose the advance purchase discount? Thanks for your help!

I am not sure, but I think you would pay the gate price. Since mine was an upgrade to AP, and there was no advance purchase price, I can't compare. I would be prepared to pay the full price and if you get the discount price, that will be a bonus. You could try calling guest services and see what they say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter