• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Wow! I did not see that coming...

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
I called at exactly 9am today (7-month window) to buy some OTU points and book a 2-BR standard view at Jambo House for two nights (Sun/Mon). I was shocked that it was not available:(. We wanted to split our stay between JH and KV and the second part of our trip is at KV. When I realized that it was the same number of points, I decided to waitlist a standard 2BR at BWV. Unfortunately, I won't be able to waitlist a JH too. I could, but since the JH is far more likely to fill than the BWV, I don't want to lose my place in line.

Now, our worst-case scenario is 5 nights in a dedicated standard 2BR at Kidani...oh yeah, that just stinks;)

There are very few Jambo house 2 bedroom Standard view rooms. Had you tried Kidani, you would have probably been able to book no problem.

Also the BWV standard view will be really tough since it is during food and wine and the Epcot resorts are at a premium. It is likely there are quite a few people ahead of you on the wait list. at least it looks like you booked a Kidani room as a backup. Good plan.

Sounds like you went ahead and booked all 5 nights in a dedicated 2bdrm at Kidani, right? I booked a 2bdrm at Kidani online at 8am at our 7mo window last week and was surprised the dedicated 2bdrm was already booked our first night. I went with a lock-off, which is fine.

I agree, I think BWV will be a longshot since it's F&W. We have friends who are going a few days before us and she was able to get part of their trip at BWV in a 1bdrm and waitlist the rest.

I called at exactly 9am today (7-month window) to buy some OTU points and book a 2-BR standard view at Jambo House for two nights (Sun/Mon). I was shocked that it was not available:(. We wanted to split our stay between JH and KV and the second part of our trip is at KV. When I realized that it was the same number of points, I decided to waitlist a standard 2BR at BWV. Unfortunately, I won't be able to waitlist a JH too. I could, but since the JH is far more likely to fill than the BWV, I don't want to lose my place in line.

Now, our worst-case scenario is 5 nights in a dedicated standard 2BR at Kidani...oh yeah, that just stinks;)

I would have had the same problem with my VGF room had I waited until I could call to get my one-time use points. Here's a secret. I went to the site, tried to book the room (effectively holding it) and basically kept refreshing the page, keeping it alive for the hour until MS opened. Once I got them on the line, I told them what I wanted, and then released the room. After a couple of checks, she found it and got it booked for me. Turns out I was still lucky, because it was the last standard view studio.

There is still risk, because I did have to release the room and regrab it, once in the middle of the first hour (to refresh the one-hour clock), and again when I had her on the phone. Either time, someone could have gotten the room and I'd have been SOL. But the risk was fairly minimal, since only I knew exactly when I'd release it.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. Hopefully you'll have better luck next trip!

Our waitlist at BWV is only for two nights so I might get lucky. Otherwise, I will stalk the website and watch for A 2BR to open up at Jambo for those two nights. Maybe if I call fast enough, I'll be able to snag it;)

I think we often see posts about AKV being easy to book but that is only, in my experience, if you are just as happy with Kidani. Jambo has been difficult to get lately after the seven month window for more than a few nights at a time in any category. I do go at busy times but if you want Jambo be prepared to book early.

I think we often see posts about AKV being easy to book but that is only, in my experience, if you are just as happy with Kidani. Jambo has been difficult to get lately after the seven month window for more than a few nights at a time in any category. I do go at busy times but if you want Jambo be prepared to book early.

When we are planning on staying in a 1BR or larger, I absolutely, hands-down prefer Kidani. Since my sister and her family are joining us and they have never seen the AKL/V, I thought it would be neat to let them experience part of our stay at both buildings to see what each has to offer. We wanted to do two nights at Jambo and then the other three at Kidani. We won't be too disappointed if the waitlist doesn't come through. With 2 women and 4 girls, it will be nice to have that third bathroom at Kidani:thumbsup2. We plan on eating breakfasts in our room so the lack of a counter service restaurant is not a big deal.

I wonder if the 2BR's at Jambo are difficult to get because a large portion are booked as studios??:confused3 I know that when we stay in studios, we would pick Jambo over Kidani and since all of the JH 2BR's are lock-offs, I bet that the higher demand for studios makes 2BR's hard to get as well. 1BR's should be easy:rotfl2:.

When we are planning on staying in a 1BR or larger, I absolutely, hands-down prefer Kidani. Since my sister and her family are joining us and they have never seen the AKL/V, I thought it would be neat to let them experience part of our stay at both buildings to see what each has to offer. We wanted to do two nights at Jambo and then the other three at Kidani. We won't be too disappointed if the waitlist doesn't come through. With 2 women and 4 girls, it will be nice to have that third bathroom at Kidani:thumbsup2. We plan on eating breakfasts in our room so the lack of a counter service restaurant is not a big deal.

I wonder if the 2BR's at Jambo are difficult to get because a large portion are booked as studios??:confused3 I know that when we stay in studios, we would pick Jambo over Kidani and since all of the JH 2BR's are lock-offs, I bet that the higher demand for studios makes 2BR's hard to get as well. 1BR's should be easy:rotfl2:.

That is a good thought about the studio portion of the lock-offs being all booked up at Jambo. It looks like there are only 82 lock-offs at Jambo, and probably fewer than half are standard view.

Honestly, do you think it is really worth being homeless for a day just to experience Jambo and Kidani? I don't like split stays, but definitely not stays of fewer than 8 days with that many people. It would be one thing if you were going to be on the concierge level for a couple of days. Now, I might be willing to be homeless for 1 day to split between AKV and BWV during F&W. If it were me, that is all I would work on, and skip Jambo. You can experience Jambo when you are at Kidani. Just my two cents. The most important thing is that you get to be at WDW for 5 days during F&W!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter