Would you worry.....

jo-jo

DIS Veteran
Just as we were leaving Kidani on Thur, there were two maintenance people with beagles and room maps. Didn't think of it much, but after we left it dawned on me bedbug dogs. Yikes.am I right?....should I be freaking out?

I still have the suitcases in the garage.

I think Anthony Melchuri (remember "Hotel Impossible") recommended regular checks. I wouldn't panic.

I don't know which dogs are bedbug dogs. But I would be tempted if I were you, to preemptively heat treat the contents of your suitcases if possible, better IMO than chemicals. Good luck hope it all goes well for you.

It's Florida the drug capitol of America, most likely looking for drugs.

I know Disney has 2 beagles that are used for bed bug checks - we ran into them at BWV while we were staying there last year. Even after chatting with their handlers and confirming that they were there to check a room for bed bugs, it never once worried me that my villa had bed bugs.

I would not worry about it at all.

I think we'll bring our own beagle this trip instead of boarding her. Woof Woof :dogdance:

We ran into the bed bug beagles a couple years ago at Jambo. I have a beagle so I was pretty excited to speak with the handler when we practically tripped over the dogs going around a blind corner. The handler told us that they do periodic sweeps, as well as checking on specific rooms when people report potential issues, as well as checking rooms after treatment to clear them, so it really could be anything. I wasn't too worried personally, but I always check my room before bringing my stuff in anyway.

We ran into the bed bug beagles a couple years ago at Jambo. I have a beagle so I was pretty excited to speak with the handler when we practically tripped over the dogs going around a blind corner. The handler told us that they do periodic sweeps, as well as checking on specific rooms when people report potential issues, as well as checking rooms after treatment to clear them, so it really could be anything. I wasn't too worried personally, but I always check my room before bringing my stuff in anyway.

That makes me feel better.

I do check around our bed, but not as some might do. We live out of our suitcase, which are sprayed before we leave home. We didn't have any issues there, but there is always that thought what if I picked up just a couple......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter