Would you go on the same cruise twice?

We've done the Eastern 3 times (magic and the fantasy) and the bahamas 4 times (magic, dream, fantasy). Always something different to see and do at the ports if you get off, and plenty to keep you busy on the ship. Or not if that is your thing. and 2015 was quite some time ago!

If it's a cruise just for the sake of cruising, and not so much about the ports, I would happily take the same cruise twice. In fact, I plan to do just that, by cruising a 3-night on the Dream both this December and next December. For us, a 3-night is about the cruise experience & Castaway Cay, and just having a warm getaway during Christmas vacation. But I don't think I'd want to do the exact same port-intensive Caribbean, Alaskan or European cruise twice. When the cruise is about the ports, I'd like to see something new on each one.

I'm about to go on the Fantasy Western Caribbean itinerary for the third time in February. The last time and this time feature the Star Wars Day At Sea, which is how I convinced my husband to take the same cruise three times. I would do it a hundred times, myself. There's always something new and different, and yet comfort in the familiar luxury.

We have cruised through the Panama canal 7 times on the Wonder. Every cruise was unique and different- had it's own personality. I mentioned this to the cruise director once and he agreed after hundreds of cruises that each one is different.
Wow!
Due to operation, I will be taking a partial transit of the PC (not full transit on DCL as planned this fall) on Princess. It’s different than what we did before because it will be through the new canal. I enjoyed the PC so much, I think I could do it 7 times, too!:boat:

Last edited:

We've done Hawaii, med, Iceland and Norway, Alaska and Southern Caribbean. We've also taken multiple Bahamas cruises from different embarkation ports PC, Galveston and NYC. We've done the Eastern and Western each twice with a little variation of the ports. To answer your question yes I would and I have, but only if the price is right. I'm not going to pay an outrageous price to do something I've already done. In addition if it's a Europe cruise I would want some major variation in the ports since it's costly to get there.

Sure, with only a few exceptions. I probably wouldn't do the Norwegian cruise again as I felt like we would have enjoyed a land vacation there more and I'm not very jazzed about doing a Bahamian one again since we've done it twice and they are so short. I wouldn't hesitate generally though... I would definitely do a Mexican Riviera one again as we really enjoyed ourselves and I would do an Alaskan or Eastern again as they were fun too. In fact I've done Alaska twice and would gladly do a third (though this time I MUST visit Glacier Bay...!)
Yes, we have done Alaska three times and are going again next year! Love "the great land" ! And doing a Mexican Riviera with friends in 2019!!

lots of times with eastern and western.
2 times with Nassau and cc. I also go on other cruises. Panama Canal twice, trans atlantic, med, Alaska, Hawaii, LA to Vancouver repo. Next year I’m going to Quebec on the magic.so that’s 11 times with eastern and western combined. Which is nothing to a lot of people

Yes. We did Alaska, the same route, on HAL, different ship, 10 years apart. Like a whole different cruise.

absolutely. We took our first cruise on the fantasy. We booked our second cruise while on the ship for a year later - same cruise, same ship - SAME CABIN. (they asked what cabin we wanted, and we thought one like the one we were in was fine. They told us they have the same cabin; so why not?).

We loved it just as much the second time around. The ports did change up on us slightly and we of course did different excursions and also took the time to do different things on the ship than we got to do the first time.

You will still have a great time - no need to worry!

We did a 3 night Halloween Cruise on Sept 22nd of this year, then a 4 night Halloween Cruise on October 30th. Going on the 3 night Merry Time Cruise on December 15th. Have to wait until Sept. 1 2018 for the Western route. Can't get enough of Disney Cruise Line!

(But we just got back from Disneyland Paris yesterday and are doing Aulani in March - local to WDW so there all the time)

Our upcoming March cruise will be the 4th time we have done the 3/4 night Bahamas DCL cruise. We love doing that as part of a WDW trip. We go to the parks and spend a few days running around from dawn to dusk knowing that we're about to spend 3-4 nights relaxing before heading back to real life. Great combo trip and since we love scuba diving we always go out with the Stewart's Cove excursion.

Yes, and if we happen to stop at an port we don't like, we stay on the ship and treat it as a sea day. With there only being so many ports in the Caribbean and Bahamas, you will overlap at some point if you cruise once or twice a year to that area. Really wish we could get back to St. Croix, the Cruzen rum tour was one of the best we have been on:)

We are going on the Dream again, second time, 4 night bahamas. We've done this also on the Wonder twice, and did the Western twice on the Magic. We can only book according to what dates are available out of Port Canaveral only so we take what we can get. Can't wait to get on in a few days! Every time we go we do something we didn't notice before, or there is something new. You'll have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!