Would someone please tell me how bad driving to the parks from offsite Really is

Hello...........one more opinion.......after 30 plus visits to Disney over the years, and we have stayed many, many different places, there is no question in my mind that I can be back our condo or hotel on 192 east or west a few miles, or in Lake Buena Vista after the parks let out faster than any Disney bus can get people to the resorts......can't beat the monorail, but I also would rather save a hundred dollars plus a night and have lots more room off property.....I know this a constant debate, but we never mind staying off site and 10 minutes tops to Disney.....enjoy....you will LOVE Disney.....Ted
T

Just another big thumbs up for the off-site options. We just returned from Vistana Villages which is not as close as HIFS is to Disney property and will definitely be returning to the Villages. The 2 bedrooms, full kitchen and washer/dryer along with the price are much more valuable to me than one room with 2 double/queen beds on-site and since my husband refuses to wait for a bus, we always rent a car so on-site transportation to us is worthless.

roxanne

Roxanne,
We are staying at VV in January, could you give a brief rundown of your stay there. Would be most appreciated.
Thanks

Hi baileybrad,

I think you will be very happy with your choice. We arrived at V.V. about noon on Saturday 12/1. We were expecting to just leave our luggage so we could go do some shopping until 4:00 but they let us check-in and gave us our unit key. The description Melnynny gave on her trip report matched the unit to a "T". Everything still looked new and was well cared for. Our view was of a small lake but we were still within walking distance of the pool. We used the pool a couple of times - large area with a childrens area and also a quiet (no small children) pool. The pools were heated to a comfortable degree. We did get a couple of drinks at the bar near the pool and they were quite good. The drive to the parks was very easy. For MK, Epcot, and MGM, you turn out of the property left onto I Drive and then at the end of I Drive you take a right which turns into 536 which takes you right in. For AK, we jumped on I-4 near The Crossroads and it was a short drive. My only complaint was the noise from adjoining condo but I have yet to stay at a hotel/motel/condo that was totally sound proof. Now don't get me wrong, I couldn't hear conversations going on next door but they obviously had a small child who enjoyed jumping off the bed and running back and forth through the condo. I can't imaging it is any different than living in an apartment. If you have any more questions, I would be glad to answer them. We will definitely stay here again.

roxanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter