Would it be cheaper to book a room instead of buying unlimited Express pass?

leeserw

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to figure out the cheapest way to take our party of 8 to Universal for one day. We'll be at Disney for 5 days but I think they would love the Harry Potter stuff. Am I correct that the resort stay includes the express pass but not the tickets? So if I am quoted 1,189.00 online for a resort stay that would not include tickets? I have a friend that can get discounted tickets (30% off) so if I purchase tickets and passes I'm looking at 1,359.92. Hotel stay plus 1 day/2 park tickets would be 2,141.00 I think. I can't tell if i'm figuring this correctly. Thanks in advance for any help!

Staying onsite for one night will get you two days of express passes (but not park tickets, just like at WDW). Just remember that there are additional fees for extra adults. You are allowed 2 adults and 2 children (under 18) for the posted price but it is considerably more expensive with more than 2 adults.

Hi since you want to go only one day I would just buy the express pass for the day if you need it. There are two types: unlimited and one time. It is usually about like pp said $99.00 a day per person for the unlimited. Normally a throw away room would be beneficial if you had no more than 5 people and only needed one room. You would need two rooms, and now that is probably more than the express pass. The resort would give you two days express pass for the price but you don't need two days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter