Worth a one night stay??

mkb3

DIS Veteran
We are going to HI in June and staying with family for free, but would Aulani be worth a one night stay? David’s DVC rental shows only $276 for a studio. Would we have pool access all day on our checkout day like WDW?

You will be able to access the grounds, pools, slides, lazy river etc from the time you check in until midnight after you check out from memory.

PP is correct - you can use all the amenities until midnight on your check-out day. Since you'll be staying for free otherwise, I definitely think its worth the one night stay.

But have you actually inquired with David's about studio availability in June? Or did you just use the price calculator on their web site? It's late to be booking for June so studio availability can be few and far between. I would plan to be flexible on dates and room type, and book as soon as you can.

Even if you can't rent points and have to book through Disney for one night, I still think its worth it for the experience.

I don't think you can rent that few of points through David's. If you can, do it. If not, I wouldn't pay much more. We did a cash rez for 1 night before we owned DVC and for the price we paid, I can't say it was worth it. The pools were cold and we just weren't there long enough to take advantage of what they had to offer. The kids splash area, river, and slides closed at 5 or 6 pm, shortly after we checked in. That being said, we're going back in december, but on our points, and for longer so we can experience more.

No I just did the price calculator, didn't check go much further, thanks for the heads up.

If we don't decide on getting one night is the Luau worth it? We want to do a Luau while there thought this would be a fun one with the Disney twist. Can you meet Minnie or Mickey or is that just at the Character meals?

if your 1 day is fri/sat/sun...then...no...

everything will be crowded...very very crowded

if its mon-thursday (mon/tues/wed would probably be best) then it could be worth it if you’re able to get to aulani in the morning to check in and start using the pools/etc.

the luau’s on oahu are for the most part equal in quality (there are enough differences that most will have favorites...but overall there isn’t really one thats clearly the best or better). the luau isn’t held every night either, so pick your 1 night carefully.

if you just want to explore the resort (i.e. not go into the pools, etc.) then you can just book a meal or buy $30 or so in merch and I believe its 3 hours free valet parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter