World of Color

welley

Mouseketeer
With the World of Color attraction am I reading this right.

You need a Fastpass to be able to get into to see it? Does this mean you can't find a place around the "lake" to see it (like you do when you want a good seat at DLR's parades). Or do you need the fastpass?

Or is it better to get a dining option? And which has better seating places available to get the best view?

Sorry, just a little confused about it all.

:thanks:

there is a WOC superthread here, which i found infinitely helpful http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2542717

basically WOC was built around a giant lake so the seating for the show is allocated by fastpass and there are 3 colours... red, blue and yellow. there are good and bad sections to each colour and you will find different opinions for each section depending on what people want from the show. they do rope it off, but it is possible to get a view of the show (albeit a rather poor view) by arriving late & watching from outside the area.

i recommend that you read hydroguy's WOC superthread... it gives all the details/facts regarding attending WOC.

depending on your needs & amt of money you want to spend -- the picnics are only $15.99, the sit down dinner is much more expensive, and for those you are paying for the meal, there is no guarantee for seeing the show and no refunds if the show is cancelled.

hope some of this info helps :)

Thanks Alicia.

I did have a read of it previously and got even more confused. Might have something to do with the fact I was falling asleep while reading it.

Thanks for the link, i'll go back and have another read. :thumbsup2

lol. it confuzzled me the first time too. actually. the first couple of times. :lmao:

if you have questions, i'm happy to answer. as much as i can, anyways...

yes, you do need a fast pass. the fast pass will be issued in either red/blue/yellow.

the expensive dining option will guarantee you a seat in the preferred seating section. but that may not mean an unobstructed view. the picnic version will guarantee you a fastpass to the show. if you don't choose the dining versions, it's up to you to go up to the fastpass machine and get a fastpass for the shows. then you line up and fill into the sections. people line up early. some people prefer to be down the front (but you will get wet). others prefer to stand at the rail, no matter which section. it's really up to you as to which section you prefer and what you want from the show....

there are videos on you tube which show you different points of view -- this may be helpful in deciding where you want to be for the show :) i know it was for me :)

I can attest to Alicia's review - I did the meal option and got to stand in the "preferred" area down the front. And because you stand during the show I had plenty of tall people in front blocking the view. And the front and centre preferred section is the lowest, at water level. And the whole thing is so HUGE that it is hard to see when low and close. Being back a bit and up on a terrace may have given a better view.

And finally - yes - what goes up must come down. I thought it strange when before the show a CM was wandering around offering ponchos for sale. But now I know why.

Show is magnificent though!

We did the dining package last trip and I don't think it was entirely necessary, we still needed to wait for ages and only got a decent view because a CM told us to stand next to a rope which was marking out the pathway between sections so we had no one standing in front of us.

I think the dining package/picnics were more useful when WOC just started and the FP's from the machines were running out quicker, or if you don't want to go to DCA that morning to get one. This time I am just going to get FP's from the machine in the morning.

I believe you can watch WOC without a FP, but it's from behind (near TSMM) so you don't get a good view of the projections - also I think people have mentioned watching it from the bridge that goes over the lagoon, you'd get a side view that way.

Just want to say, there is no 'seating' - WOC requires you to stand for the show.

If you go the 'free fast pass' route, you will get entry into a specific area for the show. The areas for the show open 1 hour before the show begins (I think?) - you can line up to get a good spot or just come 30mins before and try your luck. It depends on the season, when we were there in an off-peak time we took our spots 30mins before and managed a relatively clear viewing.

There have been some recent changes with the 'dining' fast passes which are covered in the Superthread, but these passes just guarantee you entry into an area around the lake with other people who have purchased the dining. From memory they have made this area smaller as less people are now purchasing the dining packages.

Hope that helps! The Superthread is very detailed and is confusing with the changes that have happened since it's opened but the advice is helpful!

We used the "yellow fire hydrant tip" for 2 shows, which we thought was a good spot ( requires a blue fast pass, but because it isn't near the front, you can turn up a little bit later on - unless ofcourse someone else knows about it and has already nabbed the spot ). I have also read recently that there is a spot further back (The Little Mermaid queing area)that doesn't require a fast pass. Even though you miss some of the close up special effects the overall view is apparently still really good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter