World of Color Superthread

In the viewing area now as well. They are letting people cross between yellow and blue fp areas with dining roped off.

Yea I’m thinking that’s just because this is technically a soft opening. Usually the middle front is reserved for ppl with dining reservations and they’re letting anyone go there

Hi. Just back to the hotel. DS and I loved WOC.
After being told by 2 CMs that seating was assigned and they would not allow a line up we wandered until 815 or so.
When we popped in at the podium at 815pm we were told not to crowd the area because of congestion and to come back at 845. We did as asked and ended up about 30-40 people back because others didn’t move very far away. We then waited in a line behind the dessert seating until 915pm. We were asked if we were okay with a high top then given the seat that was pre-assigned. We sat at table 13. We were given drinks, dessert and each party of 2 received their own bread basket. Dessert was served on ceramic. Our server was attentive and offered water, alcohol, coffee and cocoa.
Seating was fine but the light towers were definitely in the way.
I’m glad we did it; we would do it again just for the seating.
3BB5D4A3-5AF5-40D2-87DF-C954E7968C25.jpeg E331BE9A-99F3-417A-AA69-AC7D6CFA0A60.jpeg CFB2CA05-77C2-4A06-A071-50B94E319D2B.jpeg 237BBB80-2490-420D-8410-22045A591839.jpeg 7BAF79D1-6E14-4F6B-BBD2-300ACB39DFDF.jpeg CFFB4965-8D25-4E34-8053-9DD35297E25F.jpeg

Any reports on whether Disney has made many changes to the show content?

:wizard:

Nope, it was the exact same show. The only noticeable things to me was that the green alien doesn’t show up on the loop of the roller coaster during the Buzz Lightyear segment. Also it seemed that a few fountains weren’t working properly. Maybe I’m nitpicking but I thought after such a long refurbishment everything would be at 100%. They were very slight malfunctions though and didn’t take away from the experience at all. So happy it’s back!

is it too soon to ask if Toy Story Mania is closed during World of Color? Im guessing most people in the park right now are going to World of Color?I will be in DCA in June and most likely wont do World of Color so trying to plan what to do at that time

is it too soon to ask if Toy Story Mania is closed during World of Color? Im guessing most people in the park right now are going to World of Color?I will be in DCA in June and most likely wont do World of Color so trying to plan what to do at that time
TSM doesn’t close, but as of now woc is scheduled to start at park close or just after park close each night.

TSM doesn’t close, but as of now woc is scheduled to start at park close or just after park close each night.

ah ok, thanks, so in June that most likely will be 10pm, so from 9pm people should start waiting in line / getting spots. That does kinda help me plan, so that I can make sure Im out of that area / Little Mermaid by 9pm

ah ok, thanks, so in June that most likely will be 10pm, so from 9pm people should start waiting in line / getting spots. That does kinda help me plan, so that I can make sure Im out of that area / Little Mermaid by 9pm
I would make that more like 90 minutes before. They start letting people in a hour before, but there will be people that line up before that.

I was wondering if anyone knows about the very front and center "wet" viewing area. On the OP, it says it's only for the second showing but there's only one show scheduled for when we go to DCA next week. We are planning to do the CCR package, but we would love to try for that area! Does anyone have an idea of what it's like (or used to be) for nights with single shows?

ETA: My bad! I was re-reading and it looks like it used to be reserved only for the 1st showing back in 2015. Is that still how it is/was last year?

I was wondering if anyone knows about the very front and center "wet" viewing area. On the OP, it says it's only for the second showing but there's only one show scheduled for when we go to DCA next week. We are planning to do the CCR package, but we would love to try for that area! Does anyone have an idea of what it's like (or used to be) for nights with single shows?

ETA: My bad! I was re-reading and it looks like it used to be reserved only for the 1st showing back in 2015. Is that still how it is/was last year?
Before the hiatus, the Splash Zone was open for both shows when there were 2 shows each night. The reserved area for WCT has access to the Splash Zone, but CCR guests could request to go up to that area if CMs permitted. Some people have reported that CMs would not allow them to go forward. We've never had a problem when we've made the request. I think it just depends on how experienced the CM is with the viewing area policies. If you know for certain that you want to be in the Splash Zone, I would book a WCT package. Otherwise, be prepared that a CCR viewing area CM might not allow you to go down to the WCT area. (And the free FPs have access to the Splash Zone, too -- you don't have to have a dining package for this.)

Before the hiatus, the Splash Zone was open for both shows when there were 2 shows each night. The reserved area for WCT has access to the Splash Zone, but CCR guests could request to go up to that area if CMs permitted. Some people have reported that CMs would not allow them to go forward. We've never had a problem when we've made the request. I think it just depends on how experienced the CM is with the viewing area policies. If you know for certain that you want to be in the Splash Zone, I would book a WCT package. Otherwise, be prepared that a CCR viewing area CM might not allow you to go down to the WCT area. (And the free FPs have access to the Splash Zone, too -- you don't have to have a dining package for this.)
The splash zone was FP access last night. The dinning package was in the upper tier next to the dessert party.

The splash zone was FP access last night. The dinning package was in the upper tier next to the dessert party.
The Splash Zone has always been FP access -- but it wasn't Dining Package FP required. Blue and Yellow also had access to the Splash Zone.
But the one Dining Package area is a new thing. Was the Dining Package area combined WCT and CCR? I wonder if this is only during the soft opening phase or if this is "permanent."

The Splash Zone has always been FP access -- but it wasn't Dining Package FP required. Blue and Yellow also had access to the Splash Zone.
But the one Dining Package area is a new thing. Was the Dining Package area combined WCT and CCR? I wonder if this is only during the soft opening phase or if this is "permanent."
I think it’s for this soft opening phase because the fp section for blue and yellow was open access once you entered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter