Wonderful World of Animation show

WishingMomma

Earning My Ears
I saw an article posted yesterday that there will be a new nighttime show starting May 1st at DHS. It will supposedly be a projection show over Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway. Is this just bad info? I haven’t seen any ‘big’ sites announcing this. I just really can’t see them running 3 nighttime shows at DHS -or- cancelling SW fireworks or F! So, naturally, I’m turning to the experts! Haha What say you, oh, wise Disboards brethren?

I saw an article posted yesterday that there will be a new nighttime show starting May 1st at DHS. It will supposedly be a projection show over Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway. Is this just bad info? I haven’t seen any ‘big’ sites announcing this. I just really can’t see them running 3 nighttime shows at DHS -or- cancelling SW fireworks or F! So, naturally, I’m turning to the experts! Haha What say you, oh, wise Disboards brethren?

yeah, this show was announced at Destination D and will be projected on the Chinese theater similar to what the Star Wars show is. My guess is that is will replace the Star Wars fireworks as they won't want Star Wars really outside of Galaxy's Edge and I also think there will be much less fireworks (specifically the ones that burst high up as they won't want people to see anything happening outside of Galaxy's Edge from the inside

here is the link to the DIS story on it when it was first announced back in November (the recent update that just came out yesterday was about the opening date for it)
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...ctacular-coming-to-disneys-hollywood-studios/

I'm surprised they don't put the new Mickey and Minnie from the ride into the show. I guess it is supposed to be about the feature length versions of the characters.

yeah, this show was announced at Destination D and will be projected on the Chinese theater similar to what the Star Wars show is. My guess is that is will replace the Star Wars fireworks as they won't want Star Wars really outside of Galaxy's Edge and I also think there will be much less fireworks (specifically the ones that burst high up as they won't want people to see anything happening outside of Galaxy's Edge from the inside

here is the link to the DIS story on it when it was first announced back in November (the recent update that just came out yesterday was about the opening date for it)
https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...ctacular-coming-to-disneys-hollywood-studios/

I thought it was going to replace the Movie Magic show before the Star Wars fireworks?? I was researching this yesterday, and was also having a tough time finding a straight answer.

Oh wow! We have a trip booked for the 4th through the 12th. We’ve always missed F! though so I told my family it was non-negotiable this time. Now what a dilemma I have haha I wonder if there will be dessert parties offered? I just thought it was weird that they were starting the nighttime show for an attraction that wasn’t going to be open yet. Back to the drawing boards on my planning, I suppose.

I thought it was going to replace the Movie Magic show before the Star Wars fireworks?? I was researching this yesterday, and was also having a tough time finding a straight answer.

They haven't officially said - so you might be right. From the attention they gave it I thought this would be the big new show for the evening on the theater and I do feel like eventually they will not want the Star Wars show once Galaxy's Edge is built ... so maybe this actually replaces both? :confused3

That was how I understood it. But there isn't any clear information that I could find.
Some sites say nothing, others speculate that it will replace Movie Magic which makes sense.

That was how I understood it. But there isn't any clear information that I could find.
Some sites say nothing, others speculate that it will replace Movie Magic which makes sense.
I’m not familiar with Movie Magic. Is it more similar to a “Once Upon A Time” type of show than an actual nighttime spectacular like HEA or SW fireworks? I guess that would make sense why there isn’t much buzz about it really.

I’m not familiar with Movie Magic. Is it more similar to a “Once Upon A Time” type of show than an actual nighttime spectacular like HEA or SW fireworks? I guess that would make sense why there isn’t much buzz about it really.
Correct it’s like Once Upon a Time.

It’s Movie Magic then Star Wars fireworks so it’s a pre-show to that.
When I first read the article announcing the start date I was thinking it was a whole new ‘spectacular’ so to speak. For various reasons, I have missed Fantasmic every time that I’ve went so I have it as a must do for our May trip. So in a way.. I’m glad I won’t have to make a tough choice on whether to stick with Fantasmic or watch this new ‘show’ haha

When I first read the article announcing the start date I was thinking it was a whole new ‘spectacular’ so to speak. For various reasons, I have missed Fantasmic every time that I’ve went so I have it as a must do for our May trip. So in a way.. I’m glad I won’t have to make a tough choice on whether to stick with Fantasmic or watch this new ‘show’ haha
It’s still sort of unclear whether this is for sure a new full show or just a movie magic replacement.

As stated above it's a 10 minute projections only pre show. I personally prefer it to the Star Wars fireworks. It's a really good projection show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter