Wonder Report 9/1

cmhand30

Princess & The Lost Boys
We are back and had a blast! Wow! The trip was great. Only have time right now for a hint of the magic we experienced.

We were able to purchase upgrade from Cat 6 to Cat 3 at the port. Only $860 dollars. (Was $2000 one week prior). Agree with phrase once you do Cat 3 you'll never go back. Well worth the extra money. We had 8062! HUGE room & verandah.

There were a few issues with airline, atm card, and snotty head server. But not enough to ruin trip.

I am working 10 hrs a day the next couple of days, but will give more details probably Thurs night or Friday.

Tell me how you purchased that upgrade!

Looking forward to reading your post! :cheer2:

I'm curious about who your head server was. We didn't really care for ours either (Eric from France). There was nothing "outright" that was bad about him - just his "attitude". We were on the 8/28 Wonder.

Thank you for posting!!! Looking forward to the details. Congratulations on the upgrade!!! That sounds like a steal :cool1:

cmhand30 said:
We are back and had a blast! Wow! The trip was great. Only have time right now for a hint of the magic we experienced.

We were able to purchase upgrade from Cat 6 to Cat 3 at the port. Only $860 dollars. (Was $2000 one week prior). Agree with phrase once you do Cat 3 you'll never go back. Well worth the extra money. We had 8062! HUGE room & verandah.

There were a few issues with airline, atm card, and snotty head server. But not enough to ruin trip.

I am working 10 hrs a day the next couple of days, but will give more details probably Thurs night or Friday.

Jeff just told me you called one night to invite us up to your room. I could kill him for forgetting to tell me.

Did you have the same head server as us??? He was very kind ot us. If you did I am sorry. I thought our server and assistant server did not do a good job. Did you have the same ones? I think you did.

Arrived at the port as early as we could. (about 10:45). I just asked if any upgrades were availible. Check-in rep called the supervisor and due to the computers being down, she finished checking me into original room. But then sent me to the end of the counter to speak with the supervisor. (Check-in did let me know there would be a cost and if it was too much I could decline.)
Not hard at all. Supervisor was lovely and efficient.

Was not our waiter that was brash. It was his boss. Bohla. Told us we couldn't have something that concierge said we could have delivered to our room. Anyways, desert was then delivered the following night to our suite.
Dinesh was our waiter and Ryhse was his assistant, both were great.

I'll check in again tomorrow.

Packing and leaving home were uneventful. Used off-site parking at BWI. Shuttle was quick and 30% cheaper than airport parking.

Now for Southwest... Be Aware, they have a weight limit on baggage. 50 lb limit on all luggage. 51 - 70 pounds will cost $25 extra per bag and >70 lbs is $50 per bag. We had one bag over 50# and one over 70# and then a garmet bag that weighed 22#. What a scene, trying to stuff shoes and jeans into carry ons and the garmet bag. The attendent was not very helpful, offered to sell us a duffel bag for $25 dollars. And all this took place at the "express" self checkin kiosks. After an additional charge we were off to the gate. It seemed like everyone is flying Soutwest, the terminal was packed. People were sleeping in the A/B/C boarding lines. We sent DS's to wait in line for us after we ate. DS's also brought homework with them and accomplished some of it during dinner. On the plane, no problem. DH sat in aisle seat, DS's and I sat across from him. DS 12 accused DH of flirting with castmember he was seated next to. "Stephanie" is a waitress at Spoodles.

Arrived at MCO! Budget car rental had no line. But come to find out the coupon we had used on our online ressie was for a minimum of 2 day rental for free upgrade. After mentioning that when I confirmed the res last week with a live person, it was not an issue, we still were upgraded to a full size car. (Buick something.) Oh, and both the mongo suitcases would not fit in the trunk. Had to but one in the back seat with DS's. They had to touch each other. :rotfl2:

Arrival at Pop Century: Wow is that place huge. 10pm, no line at check-in. Bought post-cards at gift shop. Got premade sandwiches, wrap, fruit and cheese platter, and small wine to take to the room for a late night snack. DH and I walked a round a little and looked at a few icons at night. Pool open until midnight, didn't dare tell Ds's. Lots of guest in the pools. Had to take a little benadryl to help me and DS 12 get to sleep. And we were up at 0600 the next morning. DH & DS 14 ran around the lake in the am. DS 12 and I walked around the resort for 30minutes. Could hardly wait to get in the car!

Breakfast at Port Orleans. DH had to have the banana stuffed french toast. Yummy! Ordered, gift shop, and ate in less than an hour! DH told the manager how good it was, and I got the recipe! Finally, off to the port! Via Goodings grocery store. Stopped for bottled water, distelled water for DH's Cpap machine, and cash from ATM. Well, DH entered wrong pin number into atm too many times. NO CASH. had to call bank on the way to port, and explain, they said we could get more cash in 24 hours. No problem you charge everything on the ship anyways.

Seemed like it took forever to get out of Orlando! DH drove, loved the satelite radio in the car. I wrote 6 post cards on the way. Next thing I knew he said, "we're almost to Merritt Island." DH is a FL native. (Oh, quick OT. Prior to leaving MD, DH started to freak about no directions from the airport to resort, or resort to port. I told him "follow the signs", which his response was to get on the computer and mapquest all the directions. We did not use those directions, we FOllowed the signs.) Wow was that ship big. Bypassed port for a quick stop for gas prior to returning rental. Gas was cheaper in FL compared to MD. And water bottles at the gass station were only $5 for 24! Dh dropped us off at port to check-in while he returned car and in'laws picked him up at Budget.

More later....

cmhand30 said:

Thanks for posting this!
I hope to be able to do the same in a few weeks here, so I have a couple of questions.
Did you have cabin 8062 or 8602?
8062 is a Cat 4, so I think maybe it was 8602 (a Cat 3) at the back (aft) of Deck 8? That cabin does look huge!
Did you have any issues with noise from Beach Blanket Buffet being right above your cabin? CM's rolling carts, moving chairs and tables etc at 5 o'clock in the morning, that kind of thing?
Did you have any problems with other passengers looking over from the BBB down to your verandah?

And when you gave the cost of $860, that was for 4 passengers in your cabin? In other words, they charged each of you a proportional amount more for that cabin-not just you and DW (passengers #1 and #2)?

Thanks for any help!

I think you will find that most airlines are strictly adhereing to the 50# weight limit per suitcase. Some will weigh all together and average, but 22# & 70# is big difference! SO weigh suitcases beforehand!
(It is how the airlines are trying to make $--try to stay afloat!)
Hmmm...think I'll post this on regular thread, too!
Kris

debloco said:
Thanks for posting this!
I hope to be able to do the same in a few weeks here, so I have a couple of questions.
Did you have cabin 8062 or 8602?
8062 is a Cat 4, so I think maybe it was 8602 (a Cat 3) at the back (aft) of Deck 8? That cabin does look huge!
Did you have any issues with noise from Beach Blanket Buffet being right above your cabin? CM's rolling carts, moving chairs and tables etc at 5 o'clock in the morning, that kind of thing?
Did you have any problems with other passengers looking over from the BBB down to your verandah?

And when you gave the cost of $860, that was for 4 passengers in your cabin? In other words, they charged each of you a proportional amount more for that cabin-not just you and DW (passengers #1 and #2)?

Thanks for any help!

We had 8602. HUGE balcony! Great thing, room # was on direction signs, not a problem finding it. There were a couple of little things that were annoying but not horrible.
1- People feeeding sea guls in Nassau port. (Bird dropped bacon on our verandah.) I blamed my kids at first then they explained.
2 - wet deck of verandah. Spray from the cleaning of BBB would land on the deck, but was only early in am on Nassau day.
3 - Yes people were watching, not much mostly during meal times, but oh well. I thought to myself, they must be jealous.
No noise from moving carts, furniture.

And it was a quick trip up to the BBB, Stairs were right around the corner. Kids loved running up in AM to get cereal and milk. We had breakfast on the verandah one morning (expanded room service menu). The chocolate MM waffles are to die for. Right behind the chocolate souffle.

I will try to work on day two tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter