Wonder MR mini-review (March 4th sailing)

marciemouse

Raised on Disney
We were on the March 4th sailing of the Wonder to Mexico. This was our first cruise. The weather was gorgeous, and we had very smooth seas. Daughters (ages 7 and 4) loved the Club and the Mickey pool. We didn't have too much of an issue with open house hours at the Club, though I think our daughters would have spent more time there had there not been any open house hours. Palo brunch and dinner were fabulous. Klaudia from Poland was a great server. Most of the other food on board was good but not great. Serving team was good and very friendly, but service could have been better. (slow on drink refills, etc.) Room 7514 was wonderful for us. Daughters got to cameo as the dwarfs in the Golden Mickeys. We were also invited to an exclusive (maybe 10 families?) character meet and greet on the last night. Overall, a really wonderful experience, and we can't wait to cruise with Disney again.

Here's some of our general pictures and character pictures.

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to write a full TR, but I'm willing to answer any specific questions.

(No time to scan the Navigators, but I do have them if you have specific questions.)

Thanks, for the report. and the pics. I would love to read a full report if you choose to do one.

We sail in three weeks, and we are finalizing our transportation to lax.
How was debarkation? what time were you cleared of customs?

We are trying to tell our ride what time to be there.
Anything you can tell us would be helpfull

Loved your photos!
What beach or excursion were you on in the picture of your daughter with the Wonder in the back?! It looks great!

We were on your cruise too! We enjoyed Palo brunch with Klaudia too. She told me I could get the chocolate souffle in the MDR from my server, alas, not the case. I wasn't too impressed with our servers in MDR, but our stateroom host was awesome. We asked for ice around 2 pm the first day at sea, and he refilled our ice bucket at the same time every day but the last. Sometimes I found the beef tough, and I had crispy duck that was more rubbery than crispy. :eek: Wish I got on the boards more before the cruise, I just joined officially and am working on a blog post of our trip. I like your blog and adoption stories... we are Christian also. What gorgeous weather we had!!

Sounds like you had a blast. Is there any chance you could post a copy of your Navigators?

:yay:

I put a link to scanned navigators on my mini review for this sailing.
I only scanned the time/grid pages.

Thanks, for the report. and the pics. I would love to read a full report if you choose to do one.

We sail in three weeks, and we are finalizing our transportation to lax.
How was debarkation? what time were you cleared of customs?

We are trying to tell our ride what time to be there.
Anything you can tell us would be helpfull

Not sure exactly when the ship cleared customs, but I think it was about 8:30 when Disney announced debarkation for anyone carrying their own luggage off, and for those with Ariel (?) tags, which indicated an early flight out of LA.

We had red Mickey tags and went to wait in Wavebands. About 9:00 or 9:15ish, a crew member came around telling us that we actually could leave and that the tag calling was just to regulate the flow of people off the ship. So we went ahead and got in line to leave. Cruise staff member Fiona was checking people in line. We told her what the crew in Wavebands had said, and she said she'd let us pass.

We got a porter without any wait and found our luggage very quickly. We pulled out of the parking lot about 9:45.

Hope that helps!

Loved your photos!
What beach or excursion were you on in the picture of your daughter with the Wonder in the back?! It looks great!

It is Lover's Beach and Pelican Beach, accessible only by water taxi. The water was ultra-clear and gorgeous. Nice soft sand, too. No public facilities, but I'd go there again in a heartbeat. Be warned though that if the sea is a bit rougher than usual (like it was when we went), getting in and out of the water taxi can be a challenging and very wet experience! Memorable for sure though!

Sounds like you had a blast. Is there any chance you could post a copy of your Navigators?

:yay:

My husband may scan them in later, but I'm not sure. However, tnkrbell13 was on my same cruise and has posted a link to the navigators in her mini-TR.

What time can you get into the Port for embarkation, and what time did boarding start? TIA

What time can you get into the Port for embarkation, and what time did boarding start? TIA
Hey marciemouse, I hope you don't mind me hopping in on this question since we were on the same cruise.
We got the the terminal at 10:30 and walked right in. There was not wait at the Castaway Club counters so we quickly zipped through to security. We were handed a #4 boarding pass. The ship started letting people on board at 11:40 and we were on board by 11:50. All very easy and painless.

Hey marciemouse, I hope you don't mind me hopping in on this question since we were on the same cruise.
We got the the terminal at 10:30 and walked right in. There was not wait at the Castaway Club counters so we quickly zipped through to security. We were handed a #4 boarding pass. The ship started letting people on board at 11:40 and we were on board by 11:50. All very easy and painless.
Thank you. :goodvibes

We actually arrived at about 9:45 AM and were allowed in. No lines or waiting, and we were given a #4 boarding pass. Our port arrival time was supposed to be 11:00. As PP stated, boarding began at about 11:40 and #4 was called quickly.

Note if you intend to arrive early like us! We almost ended up having to pay for an extra day of parking at the port. Had disembarkation taken us even another 10 minutes, we'd have rolled over into the next 24 hour period and had to pay for another full day!

What was the weather like on sea days?

About 60-65 degrees with some (to be expected) breeze. It was definitely pleasant enough to eat outside and even lay out in the wind protected areas. We saw people in the pools, but I'm thinking they were from Canada! :rotfl: Too cold for us Arizona dwellers! The last day was definitely the windiest.

We actually arrived at about 9:45 AM and were allowed in. No lines or waiting, and we were given a #4 boarding pass. Our port arrival time was supposed to be 11:00. As PP stated, boarding began at about 11:40 and #4 was called quickly.

Note if you intend to arrive early like us! We almost ended up having to pay for an extra day of parking at the port. Had disembarkation taken us even another 10 minutes, we'd have rolled over into the next 24 hour period and had to pay for another full day!
Great, thank you. We are planning to get there early and I wasn't sure what time the port opened and the earliest we could get in. We won't be parking so the earlier the better for us!

Can you refresh my memory, What do you need to take with you when you get off the boat in port? do you need to take your passport?

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter