Wonder Land/Sea May 8-15 -- Day 10+: Final thoughts

Ima Princess

Former CM: Thank you for calling Disney Resort Re
We've been gone for 10 days and DD is missing our dog and her friends. We had originally planned a second day at Universal, but that is not necessary now. We decide instead to head to Disney's Marketplace after breakfast and a drive past our old apartment. (DD is impressed that our complex had a pool, but is otherwise bored.) DD instantly loves all the stores and doesn't want to leave a single one until we tell her there's more. We purchase a few things and refrain from others. Miraculously, I find identical Jasmine sunglasses to the ones I lost and buy them in remembrance of Jasmine's "I love your shades" comment. We make our way to the fountains where DD enjoys playing and getting drenched. We eat lunch at the reasonably priced and very tasty Gourmet Pantry. We wander through the Disney Art and Scrapbook store, which completes my shopping mission. Still, we head to the Disney store and Lego store where we encounter the first rain of our trip.

We play with Legos for a while and then dodge raindrops back to our car and go back to the hotel. The pool is now out of the question thanks to the thunderstorm, so DD and DH take a nap while I read. After they wake up, we decide our final Orlando dinner should be at Jungle Jim's in Crossroads, a restaurant we frequented as Floridians. DD loves the plastic animals that accompany our drinks and orders a fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich because it is named "Pocahontas Peanut Butter". It is surprisingly tasty and she eats while re-enacting events with her new plastic animals. (At least she's stopped singing the Piglet song!) We are stuffed and drive back to the hotel where we pack yet again. DD lays down but does not sleep for a few hours thanks to the nap.

Day 11: Homeward Bound

We rise bright and early for our 9:30 flight. Again, we'd rather be safe than sorry as we've heard horror stories about the lines for Southest at MCO. We are eager to return home and leave our hotel by 7am. We drop off the rental car near the "B" terminal instead of "A". Fortunately, they're relatively close together, though I was miffed at the time thanks to our massive luggage.

We check in without much delay and stop by the Disney store before going to the terminal to pick up a gift for DD's teacher. We have a slight delay through security thanks to our camera and stop by McDonald's for breakfast. With plenty of time, we head to our gate and read a Junie B. Jones book to DD, who erupts in laughter multiple times, especially when Junie B. says something hurt her "behiney". I'm an animated reader, and Junie B. is an animated character, so I am either amusing or annoying fellow passengers.

Thanks to DD's age, we are able to preboard. The flight home is uneventful. Our luggage arrives promptly again (2 for 2!) and we amble to our car. We walk in our front door at noon! Home, sweet home!

I just wanted to thank you for your trip report! I've printed off each day to read at lunch. My hubby and I will be on the Wonder in November and we can't wait. I look forward to reading about your trip and hope you and your family had a wonderful cruise!

WHAT AN AWESOME TRIP REPORT!!! I AM GLAD YOU ALL HAD SO MUCH FUN!!! I AM NOW EVEN MORE EXCITED FOR OUR TRIP COMING SOON!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

That was a great trip report! What you said about Islands of Adventure was dead-on. Really fun place but not for families with younger kids. We are off on our cruise in two weeks. Can't wait. Thanks for all the tips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter