Wonder docking at PC >>> NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me that you're trying to convince all of us that cruising should be resumed. In fact it seems like you've made a lot of decisions for the cruising industry that you want us to agree with.

I definitely think cruising can safely resume and should. Also know that I am not alone in this way of thinking. It really makes no difference to me if others agree with that or not because they can simply choose not to cruise when cruising resumes. At this point the only opinion that matters to me as far as trying to convince is the CDC's. All the other speculation about industry changes is irrelevant as long as there is a ban. So I'm worried about step one (the ban) not later down the road on other steps. I am not going to come on here and say what you "need to even be thinking". I will state what I think. On a forum we agree, disagree or state why we think something or someone is wrong or right but we do not tell other forum members what they "need to even be thinking" or how someone's forum contributions rank on a list.

Why should we go off of your "list of things" that we should or shouldn't be thinking about? Do you go to other forums and tell them how to think or what they should or shouldn’t be thinking about?
Well, given this is a "Discussion Board" I am discussing. I'm just being honest. Talking about when, instead of how cruising can resume is the tail wagging the dog IMHO.

Well, given this is a "Discussion Board" I am discussing. I'm just being honest. Talking about when, instead of how cruising can resume is the tail wagging the dog IMHO.

That's cool. I love discussion and welcome it. I just took issue with the part of your post about saying what we needed to be thinking about. I just disagree with telling others what the need to think or what they should be thinking. As far as cruise or don't cruise, I really do not believe there is a right or wrong, just different ideologies on what we think is best. Let's just chalk it up to maybe I took it to literally which can sometimes happen when you read something in writing versus a discussion in person with voice inflection and mannerisms. Sometimes in writing it may not come across like we meant it. As all can tell I am slightly passionate about the resumption of cruising. Seeing the Wonder at PC made me hopeful for a return, not much use for a cruising forum without cruising.

That's cool. I love discussion and welcome it. I just took issue with the part of your post about saying what we needed to be thinking about. I just disagree with telling others what the need to think or what they should be thinking. As far as cruise or don't cruise, I really do not believe there is a right or wrong, just different ideologies on what we think is best. Let's just chalk it up to maybe I took it to literally which can sometimes happen when you read something in writing versus a discussion in person with voice inflection and mannerisms. Sometimes in writing it may not come across like we meant it. As all can tell I am slightly passionate about the resumption of cruising. Seeing the Wonder at PC made me hopeful for a return, not much use for a cruising forum without cruising.
See, discussing what I am thinking and others are thinking has been one of my favorite things on the DIS the 17 years I have been a member. I learn so much as people explain why they are thinking what they are thinking.
But yes, due to my occupation I am probably more exposed to information on covid-19 than others and the number of deaths and infections continues to be horrifying.
Schools still are mostly closed here, and the few (all private) schools that were allowed to reopen are moving back to remote learning because out outbreaks, We had two schools do that yesterday. My thinking is this, if we can't successfully reopen something as essential as a school, is talking about restarting cruising premature?

When it comes to the debate of cruising needs to resume. In my opinion it isn't a need but more of a want. And at the end of the day, how long can business, and the world itself be shut down, on pause because of a virus? Yes this is serious virus, but we have to adapt and make changes to live life with it. Rather than being confined to our homes in fear. We've seen changes already and honestly no one knows how long this is going to last. Unless you can see into the future with your crystal ball. If you can then please tell us when this is going to end. So the world can either be at a stand still for months or years or things can open up with changes and we can live our best lives, and get used to the changes in place (masks, distancing, reduce capacity, temperature checks). Especially if that clock in NY that says we got 7 years left because of climate change is true. (Time to live our best lives and really try to make a change in the environment.) We all knew that whenever the cruise lines resume there would be changes. We know they will resume, but things can't stay shut down forever.

Yes, she is back. Just been in PC anchorage for a couple days but must be getting ready to sail. Cruisemapper lists her next destination as Ponta Delgada.

It's been fun following her movements from anchorage to PC to CC and back over the last few weeks or months....time has been running together for me. Bon voyage, Wonder.

Yes, she is back. Just been in PC anchorage for a couple days but must be getting ready to sail. Cruisemapper lists her next destination as Ponta Delgada.

It's been fun following her movements from anchorage to PC to CC and back over the last few weeks or months....time has been running together for me. Bon voyage, Wonder.
Is that a good place to pick up employees?

Just watched her leave view of the camera - I assume heading back out? There were LOTS of folks on the starboard side visible on verandas as I watched.

Just watched her leave view of the camera - I assume heading back out? There were LOTS of folks on the starboard side visible on verandas as I watched.
Yep, she's on her way to Europe now. It was nice to see the cm's getting to use the staterooms.

I wonder if they’re redoing the employee quarters. Maybe getting a new desk or closet area? Maybe just a paint job on the wall?
these are all rhetorical questions of course.

I wonder if they’re redoing the employee quarters. Maybe getting a new desk or closet area? Maybe just a paint job on the wall?
these are all rhetorical questions of course.
Primarily the reason they are letting CM'S use guest staterooms is to socially distance everyone so there's less chance of contact infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter