WOC view from VGC 1BR

You will need to request a theme park view, but there is no guarantee that you will get a WOC view. Twice, while staying at GCV, I have had a view of the WOC area and the ferris wheel. At night I could hear the WOC music and see the sprays of water, but could not actually see the what was projected on the water. Good luck.

What do I request when trying to get a view of WOC at VGC? We are staying in a 1BR. Thanks!

When I stayed there last year, I requested theme park view. My friend checked in at 7:00am (I was not there yet) and asked specifically for WOC. They checked and gave us 6504 (studio), which was awesome! We are going again next month but we don't get there until probably around 12:30 so I'm not counting on it again. You can always go to the viewing platform on the 6th floor.

ry%3D400

When I stayed there last year, I requested theme park view. My friend checked in at 7:00am (I was not there yet) and asked specifically for WOC. They checked and gave us 6504 (studio), which was awesome! We are going again next month but we don't get there until probably around 12:30 so I'm not counting on it again. You can always go to the viewing platform on the 6th floor.

ry%3D400

You never know. On our trip in July we didn't get there until sometime between 4 and 5PM, and still ended up with a WOC view without even asking for it.

I didn't even know there was a viewing platform on the 6th floor. We are in the early planning for our Jan 2013 trip.

So excited!!!!

Kim

I didn't even know there was a viewing platform on the 6th floor. We are in the early planning for our Jan 2013 trip.

So excited!!!!

Kim

Even though on our last trip in July we had a studio facing the park, we couldn't see WOC. So we went to the platform one one. It gives you a different perspective on the show. We really couldn't make out the projections on the water (the angle was wrong), but it was interesting watching the lights under the water, which you can't see from the ground if you watch from the park.

We were the only family up there. It was the 4th of July week.

What we all noticed different about WOC from our previous trip in Oct was how they no longer use the ferris wheel lights like they used to. It was pretty much dark this time, while in the past it was flashing all different lights and patterns throughout the show. I guess they decided the darker background helped the show look better, but we liked the various and seemingly unlimited colors and patterns.

Have a great time. We're going back for Labor Day and can't wait!

The viewing platform has the music piped in and there's a pretty nice bathroom there too. There were only two other groups there besides us.

So the request should be something like "View of Paradise Pier on high floor"? Does anyone know room numbers for 1BDRMs that fit this request or can point me in the right direction? I appreciate it! :goodvibes

We were fortunate enough to get a view like this from our studio when we were here in February. Love to have it again! One drawback...I definately couldn't sleep through a show; it's so loud. But I don't care, it was awesome catching a part of it every night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter