WL - standard view ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
Does the standard view have a view of the garbage bins at the WL ?
Parking lot view is fine.
Are all the standard view rooms in the WL main building with the door opening to a lobby walkway - or can the standard view room be in a WL wing ?

Thank you

All of our experiences with standard view rooms at WL have been in the wing. Even on a higher floor we were over the trash bins. It was fine if you looked straight out from your balcony but looking down was trash bins, service vehicles, delivery trucks, and workers taking smoke breaks. We love WL but would not stay there again in a standard room. The balcony experience is important to us and all the "action" going on below us was not pleasant. It might not bother some people but it did us.

Our standard view in 2011 was overlooking the bus depot
Those rooms are now on the DVC side of the resort.

All of the standard view rooms face toward the Contemporary and many of them have partial views of the MK fireworks. But they are also above the service area. The highest floors would be the best ones to ask for. :)

Those rooms are now on the DVC side of the resort.

All of the standard view rooms face toward the Contemporary and many of them have partial views of the MK fireworks. But they are also above the service area. The highest floors would be the best ones to ask for. :)

Well that sounds better then the bus depot! Although my boys may beg to differ! Our trip next month will be our first at WL since 2013. We booked standard a while ago, that was way back before there was the nature and nature fireworks view. I’m not worried about the view and seeing even a partial view of fireworks is a win for us!

I just googled and there is a pic on touring plans of room #4046 and it looks like ground floor with a view of some service trucks!! I’m not sure that is a fourth floor view but definitely NOT a good view.

Last edited:
Do you hear the stupid beep beep of the service vehicles every morning? I dislike that ugh! We also have a standard view room in August and this will be our first stay at WL. I requested room 6042 on TP, it shows a partial MK view and a building below us, I think the DVC building? I can’t believe how much the room price has increased at WL since the construction, over $100. a night now.

Well that sounds better then the bus depot! Although my boys may beg to differ! Our trip next month will be our first at WL since 2013. We booked standard a while ago, that was way back before there was the nature and nature fireworks view. I’m not worried about the view and seeing even a partial view of fireworks is a win for us!
Us too! We booked for August way before they divided the newly minted views. I think maybe a lot of people must have. So I wonder what or how this will affect room placement as they’ll probably have many more standard view bookings than inventory of standard views.

Us too! We booked for August way before they divided the newly minted views. I think maybe a lot of people must have. So I wonder what or how this will affect room placement as they’ll probably have many more standard view bookings than inventory of standard views.
This happened last year to us too at Poly. Booked standard view and then they came out with pool view at Poly after we booked. We still ended up with a pool view of the quiet pool.....so we shall see

We had booked a standard view room before they came out with the nature view category. We ended up with a nice, quiet nature view room overlooking the pond. I would think that you might be lucky and great a nature view room next month. We liked the rooms over the lobby. The noise from Whispering Canyon is gone by 10pm and the rooms are quiet the rest of the night. :)

This happened last year to us too at Poly. Booked standard view and then they came out with pool view at Poly after we booked. We still ended up with a pool view of the quiet pool.....so we shall see

We had booked a standard view room before they came out with the nature view category. We ended up with a nice, quiet nature view room overlooking the pond. I would think that you might be lucky and great a nature view room next month. We liked the rooms over the lobby. The noise from Whispering Canyon is gone by 10pm and the rooms are quiet the rest of the night. :)

It will be interesting to see what happens. My room requests for standard view was high floor fireworks view. That was within standard view category when I booked and made request.

All of our experiences with standard view rooms at WL have been in the wing. Even on a higher floor we were over the trash bins. It was fine if you looked straight out from your balcony but looking down was trash bins, service vehicles, delivery trucks, and workers taking smoke breaks. We love WL but would not stay there again in a standard room. The balcony experience is important to us and all the "action" going on below us was not pleasant. It might not bother some people but it did us.
Yeah, that's similar to views I had there, work going on as you look down towards near the building, but more picturesque views as you look straight out. I find it interesting to see work and construction, which after all is what it takes to create more picturesque views for the future, so I wasn't too bothered by it.

I also booked standard room back last fall when there were so many reports of rooms with great fireworks views. Now that they added the "nature view" category I am crossing my fingers and hoping for a nice view of the fireworks.

When we stayed standard at WL several years ago, we faced the Magic Kingdom and could see the monorail. The best thing was we were able to see the fireworks clearly from the balcony. It was 4th floor, but I'm not sure if the trees have grown enough to block the view now. The view down to the ground was nothing special though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter