Wk Of Sept 15 - WISH Walking/Running Club

I just thought I would post this thought!

I was looking at ALL the pictures Ron took during my 1st marathon. He took a picture of us at mile 19 and the time said 4:12! 4:12...WOW! That was my FINISHING time this past year.

Yet, I feel I still have unfinished business with the 26.2 miles.....sub 4.

Christa, thanks for posting this. I've been in a slow pace funk for over a week. And poor DS just ran his most awful 5K of his short (10-week) XC career. 27:xx instead of his usual 21:xx. :sad1: I guess we both need to be reminded that stonkers happen and improvement is gradual.

Kristi - How old is Zach? He may not be old enough to remember to pee...Not sure of his age though.
He's 4. And he's old enough - he was completely potty trained for over a year when this started up. :rolleyes: He will even tell you that he didn't want to stop playing. :scared: He's been pulling this at least once a day for about a month now. Ugh.

Christa, thanks for posting this. I've been in a slow pace funk for over a week. And poor DS just ran his most awful 5K of his short (10-week) XC career. 27:xx instead of his usual 21:xx. :sad1: I guess we both need to be reminded that stonkers happen and improvement is gradual.

21:xx 5k! WOW! In my dreams!
I am glad this helped you feel better. You are so totalllllllly awesome and the pace will come back. It may be the heat.:eek:

KelNottAt - from my 38 minute 5K perspective, that 27 minute 5K looks pretty good, then again I can still remember running sub 20 minute 5K distance years ago in the Marines (ouch).

Honeibee - good 3 mile run

Christa - good lucking hunting down that sub 4 marathon

I did my weekly long run today all psyched up after my good 5K Thursday, and then the wheels fell off...so to speak. Mile 1 was good, Mile 2 was a bit painful, Mile 3 required walking the whole mile, Mile 4 cut back the run/walk from 5/1 to 3/1 and went OK at around 14:30, Mile 5-7 were each from upper 13 to mid 14 minute range, Mile 8 finished relatively strong just over 13 minute/mile rate just 4 seconds slower than mile 1.

I had hoped to average somewhere between a 12:30 and 13:00 pace for the whole run, but came in at 1:56:39 for the whole 8 mile run. For a while I was really disappointed, but it also occurred to me that for me to run a "bad run" and still stay under 15:00 minutes/mile was a positive accomplishment. So I declared victory and moved on!

My problems most likely arose from 2 areas. First, I ran a 5K race Thursday night--instead of my easy Thursday morning run--so I likely was not physically ready to run a strong run this morning. I really should not have intended to push a long run under a 13:00 minute per mile pace anyway. Secondly, what I thought was a running pain in my upper right side (which I felt in the 2nd mile) was still there at times later in the day, especially when I take a deep breath. I think I may have strained a muscle in that area. I will have to watch that for the next few days.

Tiberius, yes the 5K is probably the reason for your disappointing run. Whenever I racewalk a race even a 2 mile, I can feel the tiredness in my legs for about a week. I never expect to be able to race 2 good races in the same week.

My normal training pace feels more difficult after a race so I've learned to expect it. When Erica and I do the Goofy this January, we thought we would walk a 3 hour Half then a 6 hour full. Enouth speed to keep us well ahead of the sweeps but slow enouth to keep us from having to hard a time at the full.

Today is rest day since I had my first 30 mile week for the fall training. Two days of LSD coming up monday and tues.

Everyone have an awesome day.

Dave:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter