Wishes @ 8:00, Chef Mickey's PS @ 8:30 too close?

KBFinFan

Mouseketeer
I originally made my PS for CMs at 8:30, because Wishes was at 7:15, but since they added to the hours on March 12th, Wishes is now at 8:00.

Should I call and see if they have a later seating? Or can I rush on over there after Wishes? Also, if you are just 5-10 minutes late for a PS are you basically out of luck. One last question, could I watch Wishes from somewhere at the Contemporary?

Thanks as always... just trying to firm up my final itinerary this morning.

It's possible to walk from the MK entrance to CMs in 10-12 minutes, so you'd have to be at the beginning of Main Street or on the 2nd floor of the train station to get out that quickly. (I believe Wishes is 15"). If the monorail is right there, it would take less time, but you never know how long a wait you might have.

I'd vote for trying to get a later reservation. If that's not possible, you might try calling the restaurant the night before and explaining you might be a few minutes late ------ but this could be a little risky.

You can usually get access to the outlooks on the top floor, just outside the California Grill. It's an excellent view, but small children will probably need to be held up to see. This doesn't compare, IMHO, with the view in front of the castle, but you have to choose your priorities. The fireworks are still excellent and very worthwhile seeing it from a distance, and music is piped in. There's also an outside viewing area on the 4th floor (same as CM's), but don't know what that view is like.

PS. There can be quite a wait to get an elevator downstairs after Wishes is over, but at least you're in the same building.

the walk from the front gate of mk to the contemp is about a 5-6 min walk we always walk back to the contemp afterward the fireworks, it will be very close, to make the ps, i would send someone to check in at 8:20 and even though you have ps that only means at 8:30 when a table is available to sit, but i would not be late because they ask you to be there at least 5-10 mins before ps, otherwise they will pass over you to the next 8:30-8:45 guests.

i have another idea but i will pm you

I don't think it is enough time. Unless you plan on watching Wishes from outside the MK. After Wishes, tons and tons of people will be trying to leave MK which will make getting out take longer than you think. Then you have to walk or take a monorail. Then you are supposed to be there a few minutes before your actual PS time (I think they rocommend 10-15 minutes before). I would try for a later seating, maybe 8:45 just to give you the extra 15- 20 minutes you will probably need.

I just called and luckily got an 8:45 seating, which will still be close, but probably won't be too bad. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter