Wish me luck! Plus two questions?

Merylj

DIS Veteran
Well this morning poor DH is going to be subject to a conversation about buying into DVC.
He already thinks it`s a great idea however (a bit like me) he`s reluctant to take the plunge.
So this morning is the morning, I`ve seen a resale that would be great for us and the chap is phoning this afternoon.
We`ll see how it goes..........
Just a couple of questions-
I can bank any left over 2007 points can I?
Do you think resale are as good an investment as purchasing the new sites?

:wizard: Good luck with whatever you decide.

You will be able to bank any leftover 2007 points with one or two exceptions if you go the resale route:

1. If those points had already been allocated and then cancelled within the 30 day window - they would then be in 'holding' and have special conditions imposed on their use.

2. If they were already 'banked points' from 2006 - then they would have to be used during 2007 UY.

I think few people would ever regard timeshare - even Disney ;) - as being a good 'investment' (although if I sold all of my holding now, I'm confident I would get back my original purchase price). Whether you would find one of the new resorts with a longer ownership or one of the older resorts a better fit for your family depends largely upon your own wants and needs.

Some of the questions you should ask yourself: Can you always book more than 7 months in advance to make the most of the 'home' advantage at the smaller resorts? Would you be unhappy if you couldn't get the resort of your choice? Are the extra years of the new contracts extremely important to you?

Hoping you get what you want this afternoon :goodvibes

Thanks for the good advice.
Phoned DVC and bought 150 pts at SSR, with 2006 points as a bonus, Sept year use, so we have 300 points for our Nov/ Dec trip. I did make a few enquiries about resale however thought going direct would be easier, plus every one I liked got sold!
:goodvibes Its so good to know our WDW trips are taken care of now:goodvibes

Congratulations from me too. All that planning is such great fun :)

Fab news! Congratulations from me too! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter