• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Winter Park Help Again

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
OK - a couple of weeks out! We are spending two nights in Winter Park over the holiday break as a meeting up point with my dad who is in SE Florida. My dad and his very soon to be wife have some mobility challenges and I'm trying to understand what the Downtown area is like. We have two dinner reservations - Bosphorous - that looks like it's right in the town, and Bulla Gastrobar which seems to be on the outskirts? I can't tell really what would be an easier place to drive/park/etc. Our family would prefer the downtown area and walk around after dinner. Just trying to understand the lay of the land. Thanks!

Parking is difficult for the restaurants along Park Ave. There are a couple of public lots that will require walking a distance. The one along New England Ave and Knowles St is probably closer to Bosphorus. There's also a public lot along New York Ave and Morse Blvd next to the train station.

I am not familiar with the gastrobar, but it's not close to Park Ave. You'd have to move the car to be able to stroll after dinner.

Last edited:
Bosphorous is right in the middle of the part of Winter Park I enjoy walking in and visiting, which is up and down Park Avenue.

When I have visited I was lucky to find street or parking lot parking. Others who visit more often may have a better idea for a guaranteed place to park.

You could drop off your parents, then go hunt for a space I suppose.

The gastrobar is in a modern, typical Florida shopping center area that you would just drive to, eat, then leave. This would be the easiest place to visit, but doesn't have the flair of Park Avenue.

Thanks - this is very helpful. We have other times to visit the downtown during the day, so I'm thinking for dinner purposes, Bulla makes more sense.

Anyone have a review of Ravenous Pig? Trying to also plan some time for just hubby and I to get out and explore a bit. Thanks!

I have eaten at RP once. I thought it was all hat, no cattle. Fortunately someone else in my dining party picked up the tab; the cost was outrageous for the meal.

I live in that area so go often, all the time. Bospherius is very good. As are some other places. It’s easy to park in the lot near the Amtrak station. Or the Catholic Church. I only park on the avenue if I get lucky and see an easy spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter