Will we require PS?
Tentative dining Plans:
LTT
RFC - AK
Le Cellier
Cape May Buffet
Thanks,
Figment

We usually go the first week in Jan and have always made PS when we are there. This year we are bringing our best friends, their 2 adult children, our 2 adult children along with DH and me. We will probably make a few ahead and play the rest by ear. We have never had a problem when it was the 4 of us if you are flexible with your times.

I like to make PS's only because we eat a large breakfast, skip lunch and am hungry comes dinner.

Our choose of a early dinner is sometimes very difficult to obtain. We have never been turned away but we usually do not get seated until 8pm without a PS.

I now make my PS's early, most I keep, some I may call that day to see if they can be changed to a later time. There usually isn't any problem.

I like the idea of knowing there is a seat waiting for me, yes sometimes there is a wait even with PS's, but I know it's not a 1-2 hour wait.

While I think January is a slow time, and there should not be any problems get into restaurants when you want. I would still make a few.

It isn't a big deal to make the arrangments and that way you won't be disapponted. You can always cancel.

To some extent, it depends on how flexible you are. If you are too flexible, a play it by ear sort of person, you discover you are at the other end of the World at dinnertime and will end up grabbing a burger where ever you are. If you aren't flexible at all, you will be crushed if dinner doesn't happen when and where you want it and should make PS.

My DH and I were just there in July for about a week, and we only had PS for two meals for the whole time. We actually played it all by ear every day and NEVER had a problem getting a table regardless of the time of day. On the other hand, whenever we go with my mother, she is the queen of PS's as she calls ahead as early as possible. You have to do whatever floats your boat.

DH and I have always gone the first week of January (until this year, we're trying December :D ). We always make PS, but we rarely have needed them. We usually make our PS for 7:00 or 7:30, but after eating breakfast in our room and having an early lunch, we're hungry earlier than that. We will often go to a restaurant we have 7:30 PS at 6:00, and we are seated almost immediately. (We still give them our PS # so they can cross us off the list) It helps that we're a party of 2, so it's always faster for us to get seated than a family.

That being said, I like having PS, whether I need them or not. If the parks are not busy, I can go to dinner early if I want and still be seated. If the parks are busier than I expected, I will already have a PS so I don't have to wait an hour for dinner.

That's what has worked for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter