Will this end up being the pandemic that cried wolf?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We learned of another aspect of viral load recently besides these and that was that certain virus strains inherently have a higher viral load than others, such as the strain that came from Europe and affected many on the East Cost of the US, and Canada. In other words it's not just about exposure to a larger quantity, necessarily.
And somebody with a low antibody test possibly could have battled the virus with different immune responses. So many questions remain. Stat put out a good piece the other day as an overview to the challenges-

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/20...nity-and-antibodies-and-plenty-we-still-dont/

"That's a pretty offensive statement, calling people horrible who may not necessarily agree with you and accusing them of having ulterior motives if they don't. "

I agree with you - I am not sure what side of the argument you are on, not even sure what side I am on. But I think there are good people on both sides and I am so sick of everybody, almost all media, almost all politicians and almost everybody else always trying to point out the bad ones it's disgusting.

Last edited:
They are an anti-vaxxer group that also supported the idea that the Sandy Hook attack was a hoax. The people who organized it are loons. They had these going in several states and are planning more.

They tried to organize one in my town and were not given a permit and told they would be arrested if they protested. I am in NJ, and the current orders do not allow for this kind of assembly even with social distancing.

And pro gun as another mentioned as Sandy Hook deniers are, over worried this means gov is taking away all their liberties yada yada yada. When will people learn people's liberties shouldn't infringe on other's safety.

Last edited:
I am going to say something and I hope it doesn't come off wrong.

I think many people feel safe because this is a Old People Virus to them. Or a "they had diabetes" or "they were obese" or "they had a heart condition". Until it hits home for many, they really won't get the severity of it all. Everyone thinks they are exempt. Until they aren't.

That is why I have major respect for teenagers and young adults that are taking this seriously. Not many are. But if you have a young person in your life that is staying in, obeying the rules, giving up their social life for people they don't even know, they are more mature than many adults.

This beautiful baby was very ill since birth. She had cardiac issues and initially tested negative for Covid-19 when she was admitted to the hospital for bronchitis. I wonder if she contracted coronavirus while in the hospital. How awful!

Exactly, highly likely, also shows the state of the media today using the families tragedy for clicks, but here we are.

Exactly, highly likely, also shows the state of the media today using the families tragedy for clicks, but here we are.
I will say, the media has been aggressively looking for clicks. The baby that died in Connecticut apparently was accidentally suffocated by a caretaker and tested positive during the autopsy. There have been teenagers (California and Louisiana) that have been the "poster children" for young people passing away from Coronavirus. Only to be retracted (in very small print). Heck, even Wynton Marsalis' father's test was not confirmed when the media ran with the headline that he died of Covid-19.

But let's even say 1000 of these deaths are click bate. So be it. People are still succumbing to Coronavirus at alarming rates. It is a horrific virus for many people. We can't deny it.

You may be able to repeat the quote but you know not what Franklin meant by it. It was written in the context of a tax dispute between the Pennsylvania General Assembly and the family of the Penns. The later was trying to give a one time cash payment in exchange for the acknowledgement that the government couldn't tax their land. Franklin was advising not to do that. For Franklin, the "liberty" not to be given up was the government's ability to tax and govern in the interest of everyone. The "temporary security" it would have been given up for was a one time cash payment from the Penns. . So the quote as penned by Franklin literally means the opposite of what you're intending.

Facts? Facts! You want to give the covidiots facts? They do not like facts or science.
However, if they start drinking bleach or Lysol, we may not have to worry about them - cause you know, they will be cured.

IMO South Carolina should open. Ant to be frank IMO maybe should have never closed. Not sure if it did. Unless there is a vacine, or this does luckily disappear then its probably worse for them to be closed. How could they ever have people from NY back in their state if they do not start spreading?
What scares me is states that should not open might start saying look at South Carolina. And they shouldn't because they are reopening with very few cases in a warm environment. And I like to golf there and would liked to be allowed to in future.

Last edited:
Not fit to be on this earth?

Sorry. I couldn't resist. The SH Deniers are lower than low. I think we can all agree about that one.

Yes sadly they do think people are not fit to be on this earth or as some have actually said here, we need to decrease the population omg

Last edited:
As in every other aspect of my adult life, I will accept the consequences of my 'actions'.

Just as I'm currently suffering the "natural consequence" of the financial loss of many years of hard work for my "non essential" business.
The problem is your actions have consequences beyond you. The more contacts you have The more likely you are to pass this to someone else.

The problem is your actions have consequences beyond you. The more contacts you have The more likely you are to pass this to someone else.
Find ONE POST where I said that I was doing Anything to endanger others!!

Just because I don't agree with some of the restrictions put into place, does NOT mean that I am acting carelessly or irresponsibly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter