will there be an AP price increase on the 16th any rumors?

dwight16

DIS Veteran
wondering if there are any rumors if they will be increasing the price for APs on the 16th of October if so what are the rumored increases?

I also want to see if any structural changes coming as annual passes starting pretty soon after this will cover into when Galaxy's Edge will open - so will they add a category where one is blacked out from DHS when Galaxy's Edge opens and a "premium" one has no black out dates? something like that

I also want to see if any structural changes coming as annual passes starting pretty soon after this will cover into when Galaxy's Edge will open - so will they add a category where one is blacked out from DHS when Galaxy's Edge opens and a "premium" one has no black out dates? something like that
Ya .. I would think that they will change blackout dates to the lower level APs to pretty much match the "tiering" prices set forth by the new ticket structure as well as blacking out SWGE dates.

I just hope they announce these changes soon (like before this weekend) so those of us on the fence can make some decisions before any price increases come round. ANY increase to price to an AP is significant and could break the budget for any who were considering getting one or renewing.

(like me -- the wife isn't really happy with the thought of spending $900/person .. if that jumps to anything near $1000 ... we may just abandon the plan altogether and just go on one trip .. instead of 3 little ones) .. price hikes have consequences.

Last edited:

There is already a Florida resident pass that has blackouts by park and day. They can go to at least one park everyday a year . Sat is blacked out of mk all year and only Epcot in summer.

There is already a Florida resident pass that has blackouts by park and day. They can go to at least one park everyday a year . Sat is blacked out of mk all year and only Epcot in summer.

Yeah, I was thinking of the non-FL passes which right not there is only on level too - but maybe they just expand that structure

surprised none of these disney bloggers (self proclaimed insiders and experts) did not know about the AP price increases......shocked Disney kept the amounts under wraps

surprised none of these disney bloggers (self proclaimed insiders and experts) did not know about the AP price increases......shocked Disney kept the amounts under wraps
Ditto. But glad I just went with my gut and bought my AP voucher late last night. Saved ~$150 (on 3 passes). That is NOT insignificant. That is two days or more of meals for the family.

If I would have known a SECOND price increase to the AP would have happened this year, I would have bought the AP way back in February and saved another 5% .. oh well. I was okay paying more so I didn't have to fork over all that cash 9 months early.

The only downside was I was going to trade in old tickets to help the sticker shock. I will just have to save those for the future (they are old tickets with no-expiration date).

Yes, when they announced the changes, I had a feeling they were going to make across the board increases. Really glad we purchased our vouchers last week.

I, for one, am surprised they went up because SW won’t be open a year from now, and they had already gone up this year. IF they don’t go up again in Feb 2019, then I understand. But if they go up again, then WOW.
(FWIW, ours expire in July and we had already planned on not renewing, price increase or not.)

I, for one, am surprised they went up because SW won’t be open a year from now, and they had already gone up this year. IF they don’t go up again in Feb 2019, then I understand. But if they go up again, then WOW.
(FWIW, ours expire in July and we had already planned on not renewing, price increase or not.)
This round of the ticket/AP price increases is just a precursor. Raise a little now. Let that settle. Raise a little more later. I have to assume the number crunchers already have a target for what ticket prices should be come SWGE.

It's the whole boiling frog concept.

This round of the ticket/AP price increases is just a precursor. Raise a little now. Let that settle. Raise a little more later. I have to assume the number crunchers already have a target for what ticket prices should be come SWGE.

It's the whole boiling frog concept.

I still feel they were on the aggressive side this year. Especially given the increases for the FL resident passes. An average of 10% this year. Pretty crazy, IMO, for just 1 new land being added in that time. My pass would be an extra $80 if I renewed. That's significant.

Wonder if they are going to go for it again in February?

Is there a chart anywhere comparing the difference in AP renewal prices, including FL residents?

Is there a chart anywhere comparing the difference in AP renewal prices, including FL residents?
I don’t have a chart on renewal prices as that can really only be seen by those who are renewing but I do have the new and old pricing if buying new on the FAQ on the Theme Parks board.

From the ticket thread on the theme parks forum:

upload_2018-10-16_9-48-45-png.358790

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter