Will hotel tiers ever come into play?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Do you think at some point, in the future, Disney will ever tier the timing of purchasing Fast Passes, Lighting Lanes, ect. with your hotel level? Or the amount of them you can buy ahead? Will hotel tiers, levels ever come into play?

Do you think at some point, in the future, Disney will ever tier the timing of purchasing Fast Passes, Lighting Lanes, ect. with your hotel level? Or the amount of them you can buy ahead? Will hotel tiers, levels ever come into play?
They used to allow club level guests to purchase fast passes before others could book and you could bypass the tiers of regular fast passes so I don’t see why not. Especially if they need help filling rooms at a certain level or to increase perceived value of the price point.

Well it already has come into play for other things.
Hotel discounts are tiered (even within the same category), free dining plan promos are tiered, Deluxe already get the extra evening hours, pre pandemic CL could purchase an extra 3 FP+ selections per day at I think $50 per person per day with a minimum of 3 days.

So yes it seems more likely than not that at some point Deluxe will potentially pay more to get more and may get earlier access.

I don't see why not, Universal already offers a huge perk with free express pass with there deluxe resorts.

The CL FP program was actually the pilot for paid passes. So if you took advantage of this pilot you are partly responsible for how Genie+ and now LLMP / LLSP became a thing.

Dave

I stayed Atrium Club Level at the Contemporary in July 2019 and NO I did not take part in it. I was more than happy with FREE FP+ thanks.

I think so as well. It's just a matter of time before such occurs. I also wonder if they will eventually make early morning entry available to just Deluxe guest? But if they were to take too much, (of what's barely left) away from value and moderate guest, that could push them too off site.

All we can do is speculate, but I don’t think so. Disney already provides an incentive for deluxe guests via 4 extra hours per week. And they have a LOT MORE value and moderate rooms to fill than deluxe rooms.

All we can do is speculate, but I don’t think so. Disney already provides an incentive for deluxe guests via 4 extra hours per week. And they have a LOT MORE value and moderate rooms to fill than deluxe rooms.
Good point.

Won't they just skip over Hotel tiers and go straight to giving the most profitable guests the highest benefits?

Won't they just skip over Hotel tiers and go straight to giving the most profitable guests the highest benefits?
DCL does. A first time cruiser in concierge gets way more than a person with a 100 cruises under their belt. A person with a 100 cruises get next to nothing.. so anything is better than nothing.

I think that if Deluxe occupancy goes down, they will definitely tier LLs to resort levels. Deluxe and DVC will get a longer lead time (or the ability to book more LL’s), then moderates, then values, then off site guests. APs might get a crumb before other offsite guests.

If the bean counters at Disney can figure out how to squeeze more money out of guests they will.

Deluxe and DVC will get a longer lead time (or the ability to book more LL’s),
Not so sure blue card DVC members staying on points would get the same level of love as those paying deluxe rates

It would be a nice perk. However,
there is really no need for Disney to incentivize existing members, we are already committed

It could be a sales tool to try to sweeten the pot for people to buy DVC direct but, perks are never guaranteed to continue

I was thinking the incentive route too. Instead of resort discounts, to encourage booking a particular resort (say during construction), they may offer a day or more of free LLMP. Or if a particular resort category is lagging in bookings, offer free LLSP each day...

I don't think tiering by resort category makes any sense since we have to pay for it. If LLMP were free (like FP) then it would make sense to offer the deluxe guest more benefit (more LLMP choices, or earlier booking).

But, since we all pay for it, they could easily change the structure to have tiered packages: higher price to book further out, or higher price for more choices. Maybe they change it to be a choice of 3, 5 or 7 experiences (instead of "unlimited").

One thing is for sure. It will change. Eventually...all things do. And, we will then complain about the changes and say how it used to be better.

Not so sure blue card DVC members staying on points would get the same level of love as those paying deluxe rates

It would be a nice perk. However,
there is really no need for Disney to incentivize existing members, we are already committed

It could be a sales tool to try to sweeten the pot for people to buy DVC direct but, perks are never guaranteed to continue
You may be right, but I'm talking about how Disney puts DVC resorts in the same overall category as Deluxe resorts. AFAIK, there is no differentiation between blue and white cards when it comes to other "deluxe resort" perks like extended evening hours. The only "blue card"-only perks are specifically related to DVC resorts and not any other kinds of resorts.

They used to allow club level guests to purchase fast passes before others could book and you could bypass the tiers of regular fast passes so I don’t see why not. Especially if they need help filling rooms at a certain level or to increase perceived value of the price point.
Close. Everyone could book their three FPs at 180 days. If you were staying club level, then at 90 days you had the option of purchasing three more at $50 per person per day. We did it a few times and found that it wasn’t really worth it. You still could only choose what was available; they couldn’t make rides and ideal times magically appear. Once booked, you could not modify the extra three FP unless done by CL CMs. I would always try to book the extras later in the day (usually this was when there’d be availability for the desirable rides), and there were several times that our plans changed, and that money was wasted. I get that this is still pay to play, but it really wasn’t all that great, imo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest