Why would anybody name this...

I received a baby expecting goody box in the mail, in it was a beautiful picture of the expecting parents, a small box of fancy chocolate, a EOS lip balm ball made to look like a pacifier, a packet of gourmet hot chocolate and this:
View attachment 540782

And I thought it was a coffee/drink flavoring syrup. IT IS A HAND SANITIZER! :oops:

From Bath and Body works, yeah. I guess you haven't seen those before. I prefer the lavendar.

No more than family picture Christmas cards.

Family Christmas cards are becoming the norm, and have been done for a long time. I bet very few on this thread can say they’ve received a picture of an expecting couple that they weren’t related to. I’d be in the no category.

I received a baby expecting goody box in the mail, in it was a beautiful picture of the expecting parents, a small box of fancy chocolate, a EOS lip balm ball made to look like a pacifier, a packet of gourmet hot chocolate and this:

And I thought it was a coffee/drink flavoring syrup. IT IS A HAND SANITIZER! :oops:

Back to the fact that expectant parents are now sending out some sort of announcement/expecting type basket of goodies...OP, can you give us some sort of clarification on this? Did they send them to several people? Just family? Only a select few? Is this a thing now? Has anyone else heard of this?
I'm over the scented antibacterial gel issue - I'm still puzzling over what is going on with the idea behind the whole thing!

LOL....I think the confusing factor is that the box was sent before the virtual baby shower invite. This is from a young woman I worked with about 3 years ago. I did attend her wedding and have stayed in touch as a group that used to work together. My guess the intent is baby shower goody bag. I checked with others in the group and they all receive both invite and box. Knowing the couple, they are not gift grabbers but rather they would like others to join in their happiness.

Totally weird to me - never heard of it before. Is it to put a guilt trip on someone in case they had no intention of buying a gift - maybe to mere acquaintances or coworkers? :confused3

The self-depracation comments of being an American is getting a bit old. There are people in every country that do dumb things (I'm sure even you have done something dumb once). America is a fabulous country with some faults like any other country but it is still a great place to live.
I don't know how old you are, but I am pushing 73 years as a resident of this country. I was born here, served in the military for 4 years and spent a year in a war, risking my life for my country.

That said, I do not recall a dumber bunch of people than what exist here now. Any of my statements are not implying the majority, but they are vocal now even though they don't have a clue about what they are saying. They are sheep, they hear words and accept them as fact. There is no thought happening, no common sense, no researching to find the truth, no responsibility, no concern about others. Of course, not every one but enough to be embarrassing at this point. So I don't care if you think that comments are deprecating or not because I am intending them to be that. I really don't care if you think they are getting old. They are getting old for all of us and if I knew a legal magical way to stop it, you can believe I would do it. They are factual and have caused me to wonder if I belong here anymore. You have no idea the degree of emotion that causes in me. It makes me feel like I didn't die soon enough so that I could have avoided this empty and disappointed feeling constantly swimming around knotting up my insides. I am powerless as an individual to fix it so I will continue speaking out to point out the fruitlessness of that behavior. #strenghtthroughsarcasm.

I still need to know more about the box. How send the box. Why was it send. And baby themed items and a hand sanitizer that she thinks is a drink. Someone answer my questions please and thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter