Why upgrade to an annual pass?

ClaireW

Mouseketeer
I'm wondering what sort of ticket types to purchase for a DVC stay, and noticed talk about people upgrading to an annual pass but not sure what the benefits are.

We're new DVC owners and still in our 'cooling off' period so I'm just beginning to research everything to be sure we've made the right decision.
I though we would probably buy 14 day tickets for a 10 night stay, because we won't be returning within 12 months and therefore couldn't use our annual pass on more than one trip. Are there any other advantages to the annual pass that might be useful?

for us an AP not worth it as we don't do the parks that much nowadays,
And if we do get 2 trips in a 12 month period we would do Disney one visit and the other parks the next visit
Tickets we buy ar 10+10 (10 park and 10 plus days) non expiry
These will last us at least 3 Disney visits if not 4 so if we use every other visit they will last 6-8 years
got ours from Maple leaf tickets price think was $500 a few years ago for last ones when rate was $2-£1
Paul

If you can stagger you trips slight for example if you travel one year go the last 2 weeks of the month and then the next year go the first two weeks.

This means you get 2 trips out of the AP making it a good buy plus you benefit from the discounts and you can buy the TIW card if you like eating at the TS restaurants.

Did the calcs once... We do the annual pass because it qualifies for Tables in Wonderland as well as some other perks. If you are not sure then I would suggest the 10 day non expiring hopper passes. Price is about the same, but the hopper pass NEVER EXPIRES even if prices go up so if you only use a couple of days each year it is a good deal. It's a toss up if you will be visiting the parks about 8 days or so each. Your DVC membership will get you a break on both the annual pass and hopper pass (be sure to specify no expiration).

Thanks for your help. We're thinking maybe less park days so I like the idea of making sure we have a no-expiration ticket to give us days to use in the future if we don't need them now. But the TIW might just sway us in favour of the annual pass....
more to read up on now I guess!

We go 3 or 4 times per year and buy annual passes.

Even if we end up not going to the "parks" as such, they are great if you are staying at Boardwalk or Beach Club (or anywhere else), being able to walk into Epcot for lunch or dinner or to see the show at the American pavillion. You dont feel you are losing a day by just doing a short visit.

Other times we are there with friends who do want to do the "parks" so for us that plus when we are there alone and just want to eat or see the entertainment makes us buy annual passes.

Hope that makes sense :confused3

David

Did the calcs once... We do the annual pass because it qualifies for Tables in Wonderland as well as some other perks. If you are not sure then I would suggest the 10 day non expiring hopper passes. Price is about the same, but the hopper pass NEVER EXPIRES even if prices go up so if you only use a couple of days each year it is a good deal. It's a toss up if you will be visiting the parks about 8 days or so each. Your DVC membership will get you a break on both the annual pass and hopper pass (be sure to specify no expiration).

DVC members only get a discount on APs not MYW tickets.

A 10 day no expire PH from Undercover Tourist is now $576 discounted from the gate price. DVC AP is $446.23

We go 3 or 4 times per year and buy annual passes.

Even if we end up not going to the "parks" as such, they are great if you are staying at Boardwalk or Beach Club (or anywhere else), being able to walk into Epcot for lunch or dinner or to see the show at the American pavillion. You dont feel you are losing a day by just doing a short visit.

Other times we are there with friends who do want to do the "parks" so for us that plus when we are there alone and just want to eat or see the entertainment makes us buy annual passes.

Hope that makes sense :confused3

David

You made a good point about being able to walk in and out of parks whenever and not just to spend the day there, and we've certainly made the most of this perk in the past with park hoppers, thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter