Why Not Bring Howard Stern to ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemo87

Earning My Ears
Howard is the most honest and entertaining personality in any media.
He would boost the ratings and has a huge following worldwide.

Considering that the ABC presidents have stated that they are returning to the family-oriented entertainment that made them famous in the late 80s/early 90s, I'm pretty sure that Stern wouldn't fit in. Plus, if you remember, CBS did have a late-night show with Stern on Saturday nights just a year ago or so and it was taken off the air due to poor ratings.

RyMickey

Howard does well on radio, he has not been able to translate that to television.
Howard on Radio Disney...now that is another story:D

Originally posted by RyMickey
Plus, if you remember, CBS did have a late-night show with Stern on Saturday nights just a year ago or so and it was taken off the air due to poor ratings.

RyMickey

That show was sindicated and may have been picked up by a CBS station in your area. A major problme with the show was that so many stations burried the show very late/early morning. Why pick up the show if your not going to give it a chance. Another problem is that Stern's Raido show is hard to transfer to TV becuase of current Network Censorship

I like Howard Stern but also dont think his image is what ABC is looking for right now, the network is way to PC to have Stern on it. They would flinch at the protests that would follow.

Howard is on Disney's E! Network and have the number one rated show.

This show would be different than the failed show that was tried on CBS Sat only 12:30am time slot.

PC or not isn't about revenue right now?

Is HBO PC right now? Sopranos, Sex in the City, Six Feet Under, or how about Showtime Queer as Follk?
All are award winning shows.

Howard is just honest, not dirty, people cannot handle honesty. If you a real fan you know there is substance and not just smut on the radio show. He is very smart.

He says what everyone is thinking but is affraid to say.

ABC tries to censor what Bill Maher has to say, let alone Howard Stern. That will never happen. Anyhow, I've been a Stern fan since the days of WWOR and I just can't see how he can do a mainsteamish late night show and pull the ratings each night. I hope that ABC does get Letterman, so that if anyone will pick-up Jon Stewart, it'll be CBS. I can see how Disney would cannabalize his humor, too. It might be me, but if you look at all the decisions that Disney has made since acquiring Capital Cities/ABC, they've made a hoard of terrible moves. ABC is absolutely terrible, minus the Damon Wayans program.

Howard has only won ONE rating period in the eight plus years he has been in the rochester market. He gets wiped up by a local DJ, whom to quote Howard when he came to town, "the guy can't even make a kid right" this was referreing to the DJs daughter who is mentally challenged.

Howard (the coward) has since come to realize that the local DJ can mop the floor with him. This is without Howard's best material (which is WAY WRONG for Disney), talking to stippers and getting to take off thier clothes so he can talk about thier body parts. REAL CLASS THERE!! just what Disney needs for thier family friendly image.

And remember number one show on E! doesn't exactly mean much. the top cable show in the cable ratings has around 4.13 million viewers, and that would put it around 93 on regualr ratings. and E! is not even in the top ten cable networks, so even if I could find a listing of more than the top 15 shows on cable, (I can find the top 15 shows but I don't see Howard in those 15), I doubt the number of people watching him would be very large.

So from these numbers, it seems STUPID to bring in a classless distaseful hack who can't promote his own show and has to attack the innocent children of his competitors. He can't even handle people talking about him or his show, if it was so good it would stand up to criticism, but any show on a CBS station is not allowed to mention Howard, because Howie can't stand the heat in the kitchen.

Mike

That big fatso is so off base, not funny and Complete Howard Copy Cat!.
The only funny thing he does is try to repeat what Howard has already done.
And he can't even do that.

His show is a non-funny attempt to re-do the Howard Stern Show.
He should retire to a fat farm, he is awful.
Listen to Howard for a week and you'll see how entertaining he really is.

Brother Wease, Please!

Maybe it's a guy thing. :rolleyes:

I have watched Stern and he repels me. If ABC wants to add him so be it but I won't be watching and plenty of people (not me) will protest I imagine. I would support ABC totally because I'm against most censorship but I don't think that ABC needs such controversy.

Well I am a guy and I am repulsed by Howard too. All he is good for is trying to get women to take thier clothes off, he tries it even with women who are not strippers. But then again strippers is usually who he has on there. And if you listen to Howard you would think he invented electricity and everyone who turns on a light is copying him. It is amazing how he thinks people who have been on the air for a lot longer than Howard are copying him.

Mike

He says what everyone is thinking but is affraid to say.

Fortunately, this simply is not true.

If there are people that want to watch this guy, so be it. I have no problem with it. But he certainly does not speak for me.

If you ever listen to him, you will understand what I met by saying “He’s says what other people are thinking but are afraid to say”

After listening to him for a least a week, you will find what I mean. Let me know what you think after a least a week.

Mike Scott 8
As for length of time on the air, Howard has been on the air well before Brother Wease.
Brother Wease was probably not even talking when Howard went on the air. I don’t men just in Rochester, NY I mean on the air in other cities.

Brother Wease 8 everything

OK guys, this topic has strayed way off the Disney topic. If you want to discuss the differences between these two DJs I suggest that you continue via email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter