Why is Disney Movie Insiders shutting down for good?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I read that Disney Movie Insiders is shutting down for good and I would like to know the reason? Is it because Disney is replacing it with something else or is it because of a weak audience? It seems odd that Disney Movie Insiders would be doing this because Disney Movie Insiders usually had a great audience. And the only logical thing I am suggesting that might be responsible for the demise of Disney Movie Insiders is the lack of exclusive merchandise and their constant obsession with sweepstakes for VIP celebrity meet and greets at movie premieres. I remember when Disney Movie Insiders used to give good exclusive merchandise such as toys for kids such as Disney plushies Disney Nui-Mo's plushies and fashions music CDs and everything else but I think what finally drove Disney Movie Insiders to shut down is their exclusive merchandise because instead of toys for the kids it was all movie posters and Funko Pop figurines and Marvel clothing and pins. But seeing how the Disney Movie Club shut down last year I wonder if this will be the end of an era and Disney will create something better with better exclusive merchandise and sweepstakes contests

Well, it's probably because it was primarily used to get rwards for buying DVDs and Blurays, and people don't do that anymore. They did start giving credit for having Disney+ and even for movie tickets, but I doubt enough people were participating. They are going to have some kind of new Disney+ perks program though, so I have read.

So they're gonna replace the Disney Movie Insiders with a Disney+ exclusive membership club? That's what my mom told me and she went to the Disney Movie Insiders going out of business sale on their website and according to Mom they have deals on movies but few merchandise. Among the movies they have so far that Mom found was The Adventures Of Ichabod And Mr. Toad but no other Disney movies and the only Marvel movie Mom found but I have it was Captain America Civil War
Let me know what you find at this sale Brian so i'll let my mom know what's on sale so far
Dodger

I read that Disney Movie Insiders is shutting down for good and I would like to know the reason? Is it because Disney is replacing it with something else or is it because of a weak audience? It seems odd that Disney Movie Insiders would be doing this because Disney Movie Insiders usually had a great audience. And the only logical thing I am suggesting that might be responsible for the demise of Disney Movie Insiders is the lack of exclusive merchandise and their constant obsession with sweepstakes for VIP celebrity meet and greets at movie premieres. I remember when Disney Movie Insiders used to give good exclusive merchandise such as toys for kids such as Disney plushies Disney Nui-Mo's plushies and fashions music CDs and everything else but I think what finally drove Disney Movie Insiders to shut down is their exclusive merchandise because instead of toys for the kids it was all movie posters and Funko Pop figurines and Marvel clothing and pins. But seeing how the Disney Movie Club shut down last year I wonder if this will be the end of an era and Disney will create something better with better exclusive merchandise and sweepstakes contests
I saw that Disney Movie Club shut down this year and Disney Movie Insiders will be shutting down this year.
I wonder if this is due to Disney getting Sony to make their DVD/Blu Ray/4ks going forward?

I saw that Disney Movie Club shut down this year and Disney Movie Insiders will be shutting down this year.
I wonder if this is due to Disney getting Sony to make their DVD/Blu Ray/4ks going forward?
I can't see how that would make any difference at all. I think it is more about the lack of a real business purpose for those clubs.

What I think Disney Movie Insiders will do once they start the new club with Disney+ is become a Disney version of the Big Lots closeout chain and sell things like Disney toys for kids on clearance vacation wear Disney Star Wars and Marvel DVDs and Blu-Rays and some other things like books and collectibles. But I do hope that they will have some interesting merchandise in this new version of Disney Movie Insiders. Because I think what really caused the death of Disney Movie Insiders was the lack of interesting merchandise and it seemed to slowly disappear and be replaced with stuff like collectible pens Funko Pop figurines and movie posters. And I don't get why people like pins and Funko Pop figurines more than toys for the kids and Disney music albums? But hopefully with the new club they will improve themselves

Today Mom looked at Disney's Movie Insiders going out of business sale and they had movies like Oliver And Company and Ant-Man but that's all my mom saw today

Why is the Canadian version of Disney Movie Insiders getting all the good merchandise while the U.S. version always has posters and Funko Figurines and the same movies? My mom noticed this "and this is true and not misinformation by the way" when she went to Disney Movie Insiders the other day and once again the movies that we wanted to get from Disney Movie Insiders were all sold out and what they had left was some Marvel and Star Wars movies

Mom scored a really good deal when she got Iron Man 3 from Disney Movie Insiders the other day. We almost got the Jim Carrey A Christmas Carol but they were sold out of it but we also got Hocus Pocus and the only movies Mom found was Star Wars movies this week

Gift cards are back up right now if anyone needs one. Only 3 total redemptions and 1 redemption per week. Now will that be one redemption per eGift card type (i.e. Avengers) then we can redeem on other ones like Princess eGift cards or Star Wars eGift cards? Going to be tough to clear all these points out.

Gift cards are back up right now if anyone needs one. Only 3 total redemptions and 1 redemption per week. Now will that be one redemption per eGift card type (i.e. Avengers) then we can redeem on other ones like Princess eGift cards or Star Wars eGift cards? Going to be tough to clear all these points out.

Dang - I think I already missed them.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest