Why does Flight of Passage always make me cry? ~ An 11 day August/24 Disney extravaganza! updated 10/13

IMG_6894.JPEG
While I've not met everyone in this photo (and some, only briefly... :rolleyes: ) I do recognize them all.
:laughing:
:) Love the expressions you all have.
Of course we waited for B1 and we were rewarded with the perfect seats.
:thumbsup2
Living with the Land was next, followed by the Seas, a visit to the manatees and Spaceship Earth. Not a bad lineup before dinner!
Not bad at all!
We were dining at La Hacienda de San Angel
Have never eaten there. No idea why not.
We requested a window table if possible and received the perfect table with a dead centre view of the fireworks.
Nice score!
two orders of the flatulas (Fried tortillas filled with chipotle chicken, potato, and cheese topped with romaine, crema Mexicana and ranchera sauce)
Dang, that sounds good!
It was mostly rice in the stuffing with a few beans. I could have made it far better at home.
I was thinking about that. I had Mexican yesterday. And had the thought that I should give them my recipe for rice...
But... I then thought that while my rice tastes better, the cost margins are probably not in their interests. When we cook, we use what we want in ingredients. If we want something expensive and decide to splurge... so be it. A restaurant doesn't have that luxury unless they want to have you pay for the privelege.

Just food thoughts.
the performance of Luminous was really special. I dare say it is beginning to grow on me. Still not Illuminations of course but I do enjoy it.
I've yet to see it. But thanks for the review. :)

Very well-rounded afternoon and evening. The apps really do sound so good, too bad your main course was disappointing.

I still haven't seen Luminous but really want to.

What a fun evening and how awesome to have a firework view! I did watch Epcot fireworks this past trip and I am still not a fan but it was okay 👌
The margarita looks delicious 😋 was it $30.00 :rotfl:I remember when we each got one December 22 and the price was out of this world at La Cava.
I love all the great magic shots! We didn’t get many this past trip! You ladies look amazing!

I want to go here just for those churro waffles! I think I heard you can get the churro waffles on the cruises? So I am hoping for that!
They are SO good!!
For a solo trip, you have a lot of companions! Sounds like it will be a perfect blend on time with friends!
I was lucky to overlap with a lot of friends on this trip. Plus Billie is a local now so I get to see her pretty much every trip.
YEAH!!! I am so jealous!! I am dyeing to go back during the holidays!
Nothing like Disney at Christmas!
All of those sound like good choices! I want all of them... well, not right now, it's 8:00 AM on a Wednesday.
I did go and try the Pineapple mule another night and it was good too.
I get so excited when they have the freestyle machines!!! I found it so interesting how different each resort can be so different with the counter service options.
The freestyle machines are the best!
I last saw Billie when we ran into her in MK many years ago. She used to write a great trip report. I don't think she posts on the Dis anymore.
No, she's pretty busy with work and school. I loved her TRs too. She really is a gifted writer.
Your view is great! You got very lucky. I haven't been excited about the new show, but I suppose it will grow on me, too. ;)
I am happy that I am enjoying it more these days.
Dang, that sounds good!
Highly recommend!
But... I then thought that while my rice tastes better, the cost margins are probably not in their interests. When we cook, we use what we want in ingredients. If we want something expensive and decide to splurge... so be it. A restaurant doesn't have that luxury unless they want to have you pay for the privelege.
Very true!
Very well-rounded afternoon and evening. The apps really do sound so good, too bad your main course was disappointing.
The main was okay...I just thought about how much better it could have been. But the apps and drinks were fab!
I still haven't seen Luminous but really want to.
I like it more each time I see it.
What a fun evening and how awesome to have a firework view! I did watch Epcot fireworks this past trip and I am still not a fan but it was okay 👌
It was a great night! There are parts of Luminous I really love and find moving and parts that I am still not that fond of.
The margarita looks delicious 😋 was it $30.00 :rotfl:I remember when we each got one December 22 and the price was out of this world at La Cava.
Haha!! No not La Cava prices! I think it was $17.
I love all the great magic shots! We didn’t get many this past trip! You ladies look amazing!
Thank you! The magic shots are always fun!

Don't you love how the umbrella is blown out like it was in a hurricane? So fun!
They do that at Trader Sam's too with the Dark and Stormy!
Around 6:30 we decided to head back to our rooms to get ready for an evening at the Scat Cats Club.
Where is this?
As the band had finished their second set we decided to meet up with Kathy and her friend and walk over to Riverside to check out YeeHaw Bob.
I'm guessing from the way you said "walked to Riverside" that Scat Cats Club is at the POFQ? And YeeHaw Bob is still playing? I heard he retired.
My favourite is the fireworks room while Kathy loved the dancing room with Daisy. Which scene do you like best?
My favorite is the underwater scene.
We headed to Rise again as we heard it was back up. We made progress in the attraction and were feeling hopeful. That is until we heard "all missions are delayed". We thought we'd stick it out and waited about another 10 minutes and then heard "all missions are suspended". Seriously!!! Would we ever get to ride?
That's the problem with Rise, It is so technologically difficult that every part has to work in order for the ride to function. Yes they have B mode, but when that doesn't work.....
$22 USD is not exactly peanuts with the exchange rate these days.
Yeah, but it makes it great for people from the US visiting Canada! But I get it.
Encanto music show
What is this?
We shared a variety of appetizers for the table.... guacamole, two orders of the flatulas (Fried tortillas filled with chipotle chicken, potato, and cheese topped with romaine, crema Mexicana and ranchera sauce), tortilla chips with salsa and queso fundido (Melted cheese with chorizo, peppers, onions, and avocado mousse, served with flour tortillas). We devoured these so quickly there is no photographic evidence but they were all delicious.

For my main I went with the stuffed poblano pepper.

I don't know how you could have eaten a main after all those appetizers. Now I want to La Hacienda to an upcoming trip, but we're pretty much full for the Christmas trip.

They do that at Trader Sam's too with the Dark and Stormy!
That's a great drink too!
Where is this?
POFQ.....such a great spot!
That's the problem with Rise, It is so technologically difficult that every part has to work in order for the ride to function. Yes they have B mode, but when that doesn't work.....
True!
Yeah, but it makes it great for people from the US visiting Canada! But I get it.
It's great for Americans for sure. Not fun the other way. Have you been to PEI yet? You need to visit my sweet Island one summer!
What is this?
The new show stage near Communicore Hall. It's supposed to be a full Columbian music show but I haven't seen the full show yet.
I don't know how you could have eaten a main after all those appetizers. Now I want to La Hacienda to an upcoming trip, but we're pretty much full for the Christmas trip.
There were 5 of us and we shared everything so it was really a taste of each. Plenty of room for a main but no room for dessert unfortunately.

Off to Epcot!

This morning I was meeting my friend C from our book club at home. I was looking forward to an early morning hang out in Dreamer's Point with a coffee and a ride on Frozen. Sadly Kathy, Irene and Evan were all on their way to the airport this morning. We had such a fun time together over the weekend! But I was happy to have this last day with C and her husband. I power walked through the park to get to Frozen but wouldn't you know it was delayed opening! So I headed back to Dreamer's Point. I was very lucky to meet a fantastic CM named James and we had the best conversation about life, love, family and living your best life. I was sure to fill out a cast compliment for him. Arriving back at Dreamer's Point I settled in to one of the chairs and people watched as the park started coming to life in the morning. I saw Frozen was back up so headed back that way. As always it was fun visiting Arrendelle!
IMG_6910.JPEG

I also grabbed a shot with Spaceship Earth on my way back to the Land.

IMG_6909.JPEG

Of course Living with the Land was a must do and it was so fun that I rode it again with C and J.
IMG_6344.JPEG
I had secured a boarding group for Guardians for our group so we headed there next. Always fun and we had "One Way or Another" as our song. Love Blondie!!
IMG_6358.JPEG
We noticed Remy was posted as a 50 minute wait and we thought that was probably as good as it was going to get so we walked over to hop in line. It ended up being closer to 65 minutes but with the three of us chatting, the time went by very quickly.
IMG_6345.JPEG
We were all peckish now and headed to Les Halles for lunch. C and J had never been there before and were blown away by the options available. I went for the Croque Monsieur and followed it up with White Chocolare Coconut ice cream from Les Artisans de Glacee.
IMG_6346.JPEG

IMG_6347.JPEG
It was around 3 pm at this point and I was ready for some pool time. So we said our goodbyes and I headed back to POFQ where I found a beautifully made up room and headed for the pool. I had to pack up for my move to Bay Lake in the morning and was feeling a little sad to leave POFQ already. I definitely need a longer stay here in the future.

IMG_6348.JPEG

Sadly Kathy, Irene and Evan were all on their way to the airport this morning. We had such a fun time together over the weekend!
All good things...
I was very lucky to meet a fantastic CM named James and we had the best conversation about life, love, family and living your best life.
:goodvibes
I like this shot of you. You look very happy and chill.
Always fun and we had "One Way or Another" as our song. Love Blondie!!
:thumbsup2
We noticed Remy was posted as a 50 minute wait and we thought that was probably as good as it was going to get so we walked over to hop in line. It ended up being closer to 65 minutes but with the three of us chatting, the time went by very quickly.
Nice to have company to make the time go by. :)
We were all peckish now and headed to Les Halles for lunch. C and J had never been there before and were blown away by the options available.
::yes::
I haven't eaten there in a while... but it's never not an option.
White Chocolare Coconut ice cream
NOPE!
Pretty. :)

I power walked through the park to get to Frozen but wouldn't you know it was delayed opening!
Those delayed openings were very annoying. We went to MK at early opening and everything we wanted to ride had a delayed opening, except Buzz. My sister-in-law was especially disappointed because she wanted to see the standby line for Peter Pan. I don't know what was going on in August, but it really messed up our plans.
We were all peckish now and headed to Les Halles for lunch.
We frequently eat there. I love the Croque Monsieur sandwich, too. :)

All good things...
Must come to an end....
I like this shot of you. You look very happy and chill.
My natural state at Disney!
I haven't eaten there in a while... but it's never not an option.
The food is so good there!
You and coconut are not friends.
Following along, going in 13 days and 3 resorts, GF, POR and the Dolphin,
Welcome!! Sounds like you have a great trip planned!
Those delayed openings were very annoying. We went to MK at early opening and everything we wanted to ride had a delayed opening, except Buzz. My sister-in-law was especially disappointed because she wanted to see the standby line for Peter Pan. I don't know what was going on in August, but it really messed up our plans.
I agree...it was so annoying to have unexpected delays.
We frequently eat there. I love the Croque Monsieur sandwich, too. :)
It's yummy! :)

It's so much easier to get around when you're on your own. You got some great attractions done early and still had some fun with friends.

I haven't had lunch in Les Halles in very long time. I need to remember it's still an option.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest