Why aren't there any "villain" character meals?

I remember stories of kids fleeing from the restaurant in fear over the Queen of Hearts...something about losing their heads. :goodvibes

They have a haunted mansion with ghosts and dead people that park goers consistently take young children on, so I really do not see a problem with a Villain meal. The pearl clutching needs to cease, especially for voluntary activities.

Yes! Haunted Mansion is my four year old's favorite ride! He's a huge villain fan, too. Having said that, I don't think I'd take him to a character breakfast because it's too pricey if he freaks out and we have to leave. :duck: But I would LOVE to go to one.

They have a haunted mansion with ghosts and dead people that park goers consistently take young children on, so I really do not see a problem with a Villain meal. The pearl clutching needs to cease, especially for voluntary activities.

I agree with this post....AND I find it very ironic that Haunted Mansion has where you can turn your small child's face into a scary skeleton looking photo but Alien Encounter may be too frightening:teeth:

I’m just not buying the “kids we’re scared” reason why villain meals aren’t avail. Maybe as a pp stated it’s filling the spots but I’ve seen kids in tears seeing giant mice, ducks and dogs. :duck:

Maybe its just me but I think that would be so cool. Like a Club Villain but as a sit down meal. I know DD would be all over that!
You could try having dinner at 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella's evil Stepmother and Stepsisters. I realize that you would prefer more villains, but this is better than nothing. Plus, they are a riot!!! Bonus is Cinderella and Prince Charming in the same room.

You could try having dinner at 1900 Park Fare with Cinderella's evil Stepmother and Stepsisters. I realize that you would prefer more villains, but this is better than nothing. Plus, they are a riot!!! Bonus is Cinderella and Prince Charming in the same room.

I looked into it but the dinner menu isn’t very appealing

Yup. Kinda the same thing happened with Princess Jasmin at CRT. I heard there were complaints about the costume being too sexy. So they covered her up. See pics below. I like the original outfit thank you!

Before:

View attachment 323414

Now:
Cinderellas-Royal-Table-Jasmine-306x600.jpg
Please tell me this is just a winter outfit......that is atrocious. Pretty soon they'll have Ariel wearing a squid wrap to cover her seashells.

Please tell me this is just a winter outfit......that is atrocious. Pretty soon they'll have Ariel wearing a squid wrap to cover her seashells.
Nope. That's her standard costume now.

I think the parents would have to be the ones who would have to know their kids to take them or not take them to a Villains Character Dining. I would have loved it as a young child, but I can see how some little kids would be scared to death if Ursula slithered up to there table.

I think the parents would have to be the ones who would have to know their kids to take them or not take them to a Villains Character Dining. I would have loved it as a young child, but I can see how some little kids would be scared to death if Ursula slithered up to there table.

See and I would think that would be very cool. I don't blame parents who take their kids because some parents may think wow that's cool and the kid will even be "sure" when asked, and when they see them in person its a different story and the freak out begins. But again, I've seen the freak out over Mickey as well as Beast's when they take the kid to the library to meet him @ BOG. IMO if your going to put out a Disney movie and have villains, put them somewhere in the park instead of making it all sunshine and rainbows.

See and I would think that would be very cool. I don't blame parents who take their kids because some parents may think wow that's cool and the kid will even be "sure" when asked, and when they see them in person its a different story and the freak out begins. But again, I've seen the freak out over Mickey as well as Beast's when they take the kid to the library to meet him @ BOG. IMO if your going to put out a Disney movie and have villains, put them somewhere in the park instead of making it all sunshine and rainbows.
I agree, the villains are a huge part of Disney movies and the Disney franchise. I think it would be a great idea. I am also all for a Villains park.

I like the old costume also.

I also like the old costume. I was not happy with the 2 Jasmines we saw for 1st time last year with this costume.

A Villians meal would be #SquadGoals for us. I was hoping desperately that we could have caught Characterpalooza at HS and maybe seen some villians there...I would love to see Evil Queen, Maleficent, Jafar, Ursula and Cruella.... wish Disney would make this happen!!!
:maleficen As happy as we are to see Heroes, it's fun to park in the Villians lot too lol

P.S. is there ever a chance to take pics with Villians during MNSSHP??

If Disney doesn't think kids should be hero-worshipping villains then it should stop making their songs so darn awesome.
THIS! But also, when I was a kid the villains were always my favorite characters and Nightmare Before Christmas was my favorite movie. As a kid at Disney World I would have been so excited for a villains meal!

Not meant to be funny, but maybe Disney recognizes that the role of the "villain" is to be defeated not revered...that kids should NOT want to meet and greet villains....that as parents, we should not want our children to emulate the villain???

I will say on most trips in the last half dozen years the parks are filled with adults, way more adult parties than parties with children. Disney has been over time upping the adult factor ... Club Villain, Dessert Parties with alcohol, Highway on the Sky dining event, expanding Food & Wine, Craft Beer location, adding alcohol to dining packages, After Hours event, Trader Sam's ...... Adults bring the money and how they haven't figured out that Villains are probably #2 in income generating behind Princesses, I don't know. Look at the two Unleash the Villains events. Over capacity, sold out ....... but terribly run by Disney. Had it been run well, I would bet we would have seen it as a regular ticketed event.

It's up to parents to choose which meals, rides etc they take their kids on. My kids would have been all over a villains meal. And no I don't think Disney thinks of their villains that way. I think they look at them as a top billing member because without them most stories wouldn't exist.

I could almost take the tummy cover if it weren't for the Victorian neckline ..... but seriously how was Ariel not the first one people complained about. I have pictures of my pre-teen son meeting Ariel for the first time AND having his first awareness of "seashells". There were gasps in the grotto over his face and eyes beaming at the seashells. Priceless.

Last edited:
I will say on most trips in the last half dozen years the parks are filled with adults, way more adult parties than parties with children. Disney has been over time upping the adult factor ... Club Villain, Dessert Parties with alcohol, Highway on the Sky dining event, expanding Food & Wine, Craft Beer location, adding alcohol to dining packages, After Hours event, Trader Sam's ...... Adults bring the money and how they haven't figured out that Villains are probably #2 in income generating behind Princesses, I don't know. Look at the two Unleash the Villains events. Over capacity, sold out ....... but terribly run by Disney. Had it been run well, I would bet we would have seen it as a regular ticketed event.

It's up to parents to choose which meals, rides etc they take their kids on. My kids would have been all over a villains meal. And no I don't think Disney thinks of their villains that way. I think they look at them as a top billing member because without them most stories wouldn't exist.

Yes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter