Who has new sleeper sofas??

Tinkmom

DIS Veteran
Okay, I know that SSR has the "good" sleeper sofas. When I was at BWV they were replacing the sleepers. What about the other resorts?

We are trying to add a couple of days and someone will definitely need to be sleeping on the sofa. I would much prefer the new ones (to prevent complaining, but hey, it won't be me on there!) but am not sure who has new (or maybe more recent and better) sleeper sofas.

Particularly interested in sleeper at VWL if anyone has recent knowledge. Thanks!!!

Okay, I know that SSR has the "good" sleeper sofas. When I was at BWV they were replacing the sleepers. What about the other resorts?

We are trying to add a couple of days and someone will definitely need to be sleeping on the sofa. I would much prefer the new ones (to prevent complaining, but hey, it won't be me on there!) but am not sure who has new (or maybe more recent and better) sleeper sofas.

Particularly interested in sleeper at VWL if anyone has recent knowledge. Thanks!!!

Well my villa at Thanksgiving at SSR had the "old nasty" sleeper sofas. Just got back from VWL but didn't check the sofa.

On our last two trips to OKW (Dec '05 and Apr '07), we've had the newer sleep sofas.

Well my villa at Thanksgiving at SSR had the "old nasty" sleeper sofas. Just got back from VWL but didn't check the sofa.

Hmmm?? I thought all of the units, being a new resort, had new sleepers? Maybe some of the first ones were the old style ones and we just were lucky and got the new ones (which I think are wonderful!)

Anyone else can share some input about which resorts have new/comfy sleepers? Thanks!

We recently came back from SSR and it looked as if the sofa was the newer type, but we were in the Grandstand section, which is also new. Can't remember what type was in the villa at the Springs when we were there.:confused3

I do believe we had the new style at the Beach Club during our last stay. We are talking about the ones with the hidden compartments for pillows and blankets right? We voted them very neet. Didn't have to sleep on them though.

On our last two trips to OKW (Dec '05 and Apr '07), we've had the newer sleep sofas.
Yet we were at OKW just two weeks ago and still had the old style sleeper sofas. So I think it depends on where you stay there. Lots of buildings looked like they were being rehabbed.

We stayed at VWL at Thanksgiving. We had the older, saggy-style sleeper sofa.

There are three types -
1. The older type with the canvas and springs under the mattress. These usually get lumpy and you can feel the bars underneath. Pretty much the standard sleeper sofa for years and years.

2. When SSR opened, they installed a newer type sleeper sofa with removable cushions, but not the old lumpy mattress. It was a memory foam type mattress that was more comfortable, but difficult to make up. You couldn't remove this mattress and place it on the floor like some people did with the older type to avoid the bars.

3. Recently they started installing a third type where the cushions don't come off, but fold under the bed as you open it up. For the people who sometimes used the cushions to make a bed on the floor for one of the kids who didn't want to share the sleeper, it does create problems. This new sleeper sofa is supposed to be very comfortable. I think they were replacing the sleepers in BWV, BCV and OKW with this type.

We just got back from a week in a BCV Studio last night. As DH sometimes has back issues, I slept on the sofa one night so he could stretch out. It was one of the new sofas...you just pull on a black strap behind the backrest and the backrest comes down and the attached seat cushions fold under. (It took me a few minutes to realize how this all worked because at first, I tried to remove the seat cushions to pull up the bed, like the old ones worked). These new sofabeds are a GREAT IMPROVEMENT! The bed is extrememly easy to open and close and I found the mattress to be very comfortable.

Not realizing this was a new type of sofabed, I called mousekeepping for extra pillows because I didn't see them in the closet! Once I opened the sofa, I discovered the hidden pillow and blanket compartment.

3. Recently they started installing a third type where the cushions don't come off, but fold under the bed as you open it up. For the people who sometimes used the cushions to make a bed on the floor for one of the kids who didn't want to share the sleeper, it does create problems. This new sleeper sofa is supposed to be very comfortable. I think they were replacing the sleepers in BWV, BCV and OKW with this type.

This is #3 from our trip to BWV...

2jesbjq.jpg

The red is a plastic coated metal and the black at the end of the bed is a taunt webbing.

2jesbjq.jpg

The red is a plastic coated metal and the black at the end of the bed is a taunt webbing.

We just stayed in a one bedroom at BWV and had the same sofa as above. The sofa at the SSR one bedroom had the older style. We found the SSR sofa very uncomfortable to sit on while watching TV. It had a hard lip that hits you under your knees. :sad2:

2jesbjq.jpg

Are you able to feel the metal bars under the mattress? Is the mattress a memory foam like ones in SSR? If this is better than the ones at SSR, does anyone know who makes this? I am a few days away from ordering one of the other kind at SSR (from American Upholstery).

Are you able to feel the metal bars under the mattress? Is the mattress a memory foam like ones in SSR? If this is better than the ones at SSR, does anyone know who makes this? I am a few days away from ordering one of the other kind at SSR (from American Upholstery).
Memory foam or not the BWV sofa in the picture felt much better to us. No bar at all.

The metal mesh is uniform through out so there is no 'bar' or other intruding object.

I didn't sleep on the sofa so I can't personally comment on it's comfort. My DD5 did give it a :thumbsup2 and called it a cosy bed (for what that's worth!;) ) Seriously, it did seem suportive without a 'bar' with a comfortable mattress.

Does anyone know what brand of sofa sleeper this new type is or how I can find out? I'd like to check them out before I buy one. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter