White Water Rafting

AZlady

DIS Veteran
How does AbD handle a excursion to an wet event??
We are going white water rafting, and of course I want to take a camera/phone to take photos on our trip to/from the event. Do they have a lock box on the vehicle that will drop off & pick up? (sounds stupid.....I know). Or do I just either need to get a water proof phone bag? or just not take any photos at all:sad2:
TAI!
BTW...our trip is Costa Rica

I bought a $10 waterproof lanyard at Eddie Bauer for my phone for places like Kings Island, water parks, etc and it works well. I'm not sure when we go to Utah this month I'll even take my phone though. may leave it on the bus. will be interested in hearing other responses.

How does AbD handle a excursion to an wet event??
We are going white water rafting, and of course I want to take a camera/phone to take photos on our trip to/from the event. Do they have a lock box on the vehicle that will drop off & pick up? (sounds stupid.....I know). Or do I just either need to get a water proof phone bag? or just not take any photos at all:sad2:
TAI!
BTW...our trip is Costa Rica

I have not done the Costa Rica trips but all of the trips I have done (5 total) the bus we get on is ours for the day and someone is always with it so while they don't have a lock box you can leave anything on the bus and it will be fine. I have left many things on the bus, Camera, wallet and all is fine . I know BOBO has taken this trip hopefully she will come by and answer, maybe you can edit the title to include Costa Rica or pm her.

On the Costa Rica trip, you get in the back of a truck to ride a bumpy dirt road to the river and back...quite the experience, just so you're prepared for that! You can leave your bag on the truck while you're rafting, but I imagine if you bring a waterproof camera you'll want to carry it with you. Honestly, though, I would just leave it and enjoy the ride without having to worry about holding on to your camera the whole time you're on the raft. The rafting company takes some great pictures, and I found that once we had our ABD pics from the trip we had PLENTY of pictures to satisfy. No need to worry about pics. Enjoy living the moment and having the photography taken care of. It's one of the perks of ABD! :woohoo:

On the Costa Rica trip, you get in the back of a truck to ride a bumpy dirt road to the river and back...quite the experience, just so you're prepared for that! You can leave your bag on the truck while you're rafting, but I imagine if you bring a waterproof camera you'll want to carry it with you. Honestly, though, I would just leave it and enjoy the ride without having to worry about holding on to your camera the whole time you're on the raft. The rafting company takes some great pictures, and I found that once we had our ABD pics from the trip we had PLENTY of pictures to satisfy. No need to worry about pics. Enjoy living the moment and having the photography taken care of. It's one of the perks of ABD! :woohoo:

Tracyz~ thank your for your guidance on the rafting trip.....but now i am VERY interested to know more details about "having the photography taken care of". So besides the rafting trip.....does someone take photos of us......like we get a CD or online access?

Tracyz~ thank your for your guidance on the rafting trip.....but now i am VERY interested to know more details about "having the photography taken care of". So besides the rafting trip.....does someone take photos of us......like we get a CD or online access?
One of the benefits of an ABD is that the Adventure Guides are constantly taking photos with their cameras, throughout the trip. Some posed (family, entire group) and lots of candids. At the end of the trip, you will get a website and a code to download all of the Guides' photos (they used to come on CD, but switched to the download site (last year if I remember correctly)). You'll have hundreds and hundreds of photos from your trip. And the Adventure Guides will also take photos of you with your camera if you'd like (they sometimes look like walking camera stores! :) )

I'm not sure how they handle the "extra" pictures like the ones the rafting company takes.

Sayhello

One of the benefits of an ABD is that the Adventure Guides are constantly taking photos with their cameras, throughout the trip. Some posed (family, entire group) and lots of candids. At the end of the trip, you will get a website and a code to download all of the Guides' photos (they used to come on CD, but switched to the download site (last year if I remember correctly)). You'll have hundreds and hundreds of photos from your trip. And the Adventure Guides will also take photos of you with your camera if you'd like (they sometimes look like walking camera stores! :) )

I'm not sure how they handle the "extra" pictures like the ones the rafting company takes.

Sayhello

No WAY! Super Happy!! Happy DANCE!!!!!!!
Thank you!!

The pictures are a HUGE benefit!! We got access to a website where we could download the photos, and there were many hundreds of pictures to choose from (I don't recall exactly, but I think it was over 2000, actually). The guides do have their cameras out all the time, and one thing I really love is that my pictures of our ABDs include several family photos where I am actually in the picture instead of behind the camera!:banana:DH is not a fan of posing for family pictures and asking a stranger to be our photographer, but when an Adventure Guide says it's time for a family photo he is happy to pose and smile!:rotfl2:
The rafting company's photos were all included on the website, and they took a series of pictures of each boat going down the rapids...so many pics that you could almost make a stop-action film with them! The guides had their cameras out and working overtime at the ziplining too, so there were tons of shots of each person at that activity.
Have a great trip!!!

The pictures are a HUGE benefit!! We got access to a website where we could download the photos, and there were many hundreds of pictures to choose from (I don't recall exactly, but I think it was over 2000, actually). The guides do have their cameras out all the time, and one thing I really love is that my pictures of our ABDs include several family photos where I am actually in the picture instead of behind the camera!:banana:DH is not a fan of posing for family pictures and asking a stranger to be our photographer, but when an Adventure Guide says it's time for a family photo he is happy to pose and smile!:rotfl2:
The rafting company's photos were all included on the website, and they took a series of pictures of each boat going down the rapids...so many pics that you could almost make a stop-action film with them! The guides had their cameras out and working overtime at the ziplining too, so there were tons of shots of each person at that activity.
Have a great trip!!!

:banana: :lovestruc :thumbsup2 :worship:
So excited to hear all that!! I think I will leave my bigger DSL camera at home. I will have my point & shoot & phone.....so much easier to manage!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter