Which resorts best shot 7 Months/Studio Easter week?

alldiz

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I cannot believe booking for Easter break is next week! I will be booking a studio at my home resort BRV:hourglass

Looking to book 9 nights now so We want to switch at 7 months for a split stay.:cloud9:

Which other resorts are best shots for 7 months at peak times (Easter)
Thanks
Kerri

Last edited:
Hi,

Sorry don’t know how to edit title.... I meant... best shot at 7 months:-)

I cannot believe booking for Easter break is next week! I will be booking a studio at my home resort BRV:hourglass

Looking to book 9 nights now so We want to switch at 7 months for a split stay.:cloud9:

Which other resorts are best shots for 7 months at peak times (Easter)
Thanks
Kerri
The same as any other time of the year: mostly SSR with some limited OKW and AKV.

To edit the title, go to the first post, and you should see Thread tools. One of the tools is to edit the title.

I am under the impression that the most expensive weeks actually give you a chance to book something other than those at 7 months. Be sure you waitlist what you want!

Studios likely to be open at 7 months out during Easter weeks are Poly, BLT lake view, BWV pool/garden view, AKV Kidani savanna view (and possibly standard but lower odds of that), SSR, OKW (except rooms in the near Hospitality House booking categories), and your own BRV.

A caveat to the above is when you want to make the switch. Some of the above openings have shown an historical risk of possibly disappearing before 7 months out if your 7 month out start date is after Easter Sunday, e.g., if you want the Tues through Friday of Easter week, you may find it gone via members who book 7 months out from Easter Sunday or Monday. In other words, your better chance with splitting 9 days is to seek a resort other than BRV for the first part rather than last part of your trip. Also note that if you intend to do a split stay, you should make two reserations at BRV. one for the time you intend to stay there and the other for the time you want to try for a different resort. That allows you to attempt the switch online at 8 a.m. at 7 months out. If you later decide not to switch just call or email MS and have the reservations merged.

Last edited:

Studios likely to be open at 7 months out during Easter weeks are Poly, BLT lake view, BWV pool/garden view, AKV Kidani savanna view (and possibly standard but lower odds of that), SSR, OKW (except rooms in the near Hospitality House booking categories), and your own BRV.

A caveat to the above is when you want to make the switch. Some of the above openings have shown an historical risk of possibly disappearing before 7 months out if your 7 month out start date is after Easter Sunday, e.g., if you want the Tues through Friday of Easter week, you may find it gone via members who book 7 months out from Easter Sunday or Monday. In other words, your better chance with splitting 9 days is to seek a resort other than BRV for the first part rather than last part of your trip. Also note that if you intend to do a split stay, you should make two reserations at BRV. one for the time you intend to stay there and the other for the time you want to try for a different resort. That allows you to attempt the switch online at 8 a.m. at 7 months out. If you later decide not to switch just call or email MS and have the reservations merged.
Thanks for that strategy!!! I would never have thought of making 2 reservations:-)
So I will try for Good Friday at 7 months.
Question.... let’s say I can get 3 nights at 7 mths and my reservation is 4 nights.
Can I call at 9 am and keep some days on a reservation. Also will they link those if I do stay and not switch?
Thanks

We were able to get Kidani savanna view for Holy Thursday and Good Friday this past Easter with no problem at all at 7 months, but only needed those 2 days because we were going on a the Fantasy on Saturday.

we are going april 11-18th thurs to thurs to be able to be home for Good Friday and Easter weekend. I am already booked at OKW HH area and will be curious to see whats open at 7months.

Thanks for that strategy!!! I would never have thought of making 2 reservations:-)

When doing so you should use different names. Like booking each reservation for a different spouse or use middle initials to make the names different. MS sometimes merge reservations automatically if they are in the same name. Once you have your plans finalized you can call to add the missing names.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter