Which park, which day?

Shelly D.

Mouseketeer
Hi there - I have a conference coming up in LA in April, so I've talked my hubby into meeting me there and spending a couple of days at DL. We were just there in Sept, but would love the opportunity to check out DCA. I have a few questions:

Our trip is going to be very low budget since it's on the fly, so I plan on buying only 2 single day passes instead of a flex. I think we'll only have time for one day at each park and then an evening at DD Disney the night we arrive in Anaheim. Since there isn't a hopper option for offsite (which I must say really annoys me) - what day is best for each park? We'll spend a Sunday & Monday at the parks.

Next, we'll be there 4/22 & 4/23 - any word on crowds (historically for DL, since there isn't data on DCA).

Next, has anyone ever taken a shuttle bus from LAX to Anaheim & back instead of renting a car? If so, who did you use & approx how much did it cost?

Last, can you enter the Grand Californian without a park ticket if you're not a guest? We were thinking of scheduling a PS in a restaurant there the night we arrive.

Thanks for any help you can provide!!!

flowerface.GIF
<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=navy>I'd recommend DL on Sunday, even though there are going to be some crowds - during the off-season there's more going on on the weekends, and the park is usually open later. Monday would be fine for DCA.

We ate at GC Hotel on Feb. 23rd, and had no problems, even though we didn't have a park ticket. I even got valet parking there.

You'll be there the Sunday after Easter, so I think crowds will be "moderate." Just be sure to use your fastpasses & you should have no problems. I hope they have Fantasmic running while you're there - it's a must-see, as well as DL's version of fireworks.

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland & Techie Boards Co-Moderator
galw.gif

My DL Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

Font Hints

1. I don't think it will matter much - I would guess that Disneyland would be better done on the Monday, since people with APs will more likely be there on the weekend. Far fewer people have APs for DCA, so the weekend day might be relatively OK, but probably even better on the weekday.

2. Spring Break Time crowds should be moderate to heavy, depending on the weather.

3. Airport Bus has regular service, and there are any variety of shuttle services available with or without a reservation from either airport. From SNA to DLPP hotel was 25 1-way for 1 adult and 2 kids last week on a shuttle, and a private taxi-van back from DLPP Hotel to SNA 2 adults and 2 kids was $35. Here is the SuperShuttle Reservations from LAX link, you can check prices there. Other services might charge less.

4. Yes, you can go to the GC without a ticket. From there you can go to DD, or the parks. Beautiful place!!

Have a great time!!

galc.gif

"My brain takes a vacation just to give my heart more room..."
teri@iluvdisney.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter