which one is better Hong Kong or Shanghai

Which is better ?

• Hong Kong Disneyland

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Shanghai Disneyland

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters
Couldn't you just take your glasses off for Tron? It's not really a ride about seeing but more about feeling. That initial blast is pretty much the greatest thing Disney has ever done, at least for me.

Perhaps I'm nitpicking but I don't see Hyperspace Mountain as novel. It's just Space Mountain with some added gimmicks.

Someone else mentioned the Iron Man attraction at HK which I find to be extremely lame. There is a reason it's always a walk on ride, something you use to kill time for something else.

That fact that someone with glasses has to take them off means there's parts of the ride they can't fully experience. The visuals increase immersion. Even the Incredicoaster doesn't have this requirement.

I think Hyperspace Mountain would be novel for someone who only rides Paris or WDW Space Mountain. They don't follow the same tracks as Tokyo and California. I also actually prefer HKDL's version to Tokyo and California.

I wouldn't go as far as to call Iron Mon "extremely lame" but I think Star Tours is a far superior simulator ride. Although if Hong Kong got Star Tours, they'd probably butcher it by having some parts in Cantonese and others in English with the Cantonese parts not matching the speaker at all. I'm expecting Ant-Man to be worse than Buzz Lightyear but will try to keep an open mind. So far there have been zero Marvel attractions that I have liked more than the original theme.

I prefee the storyline in Iron Man Experience. You actually get to fight alongside Iron Man. In Star Tours, you're just a space tourist beimg taken for a ride

I didn't vote because I haven't been to Shanghai yet, but the two parks seem pretty close in quantity and quality of rides and attractions. I think Shanghai currently has the edge, but HK could surpass it once its latest expansions are done.

I think that Hyperspace Mountain is Space Mountain in a Star Wars cosplay, but that's 100% what I love about it. I was skeptical going into it, but apparently just adding pew-pew sounds and the occasional backlit tie fighter is enough to make me grin like an idiot the whole time.
I feel similarly about Iron Man, too. I'd rather see "Star Tours" but 5 different properties at 5 different parks, than 5 nearly identical Star Tours, especially if each ride has a few different movies and experiences.

Star Tours is worth re-riding because it changes. New scenes get added. There's rare scene variants and the rebel spy. Iron Man is basically the same every time with no reason to re-ride. I think Nemo SeaRider would do better in Hong Kong and I even prefer StormRider to Iron Man (although I think most people would prefer Iron Man to StormRider).

I also don't get why people objected to Hyperspace Mountain so much in California but embraced Guardians of the Galaxy. I felt like Hyperspace Mountain was an improvement while Guardians of the Galaxy doesn't fit Tower of Terror as well as Twilight Zone (the Rocket animatronic is cool though).

Star Tours storyline doesn't make sense because you jump all over the timeline. You go from the sequel, to the prequel, back to the sequel etc. I'd rather have 1 good story like Iron Man Experience.

Just wanted to pipe in and say that I'm really enjoying this thread, getting me pumped for my Hong Kong / Shanghai trip!

Also quick question is Hyperspace Mountain in Hong Kong the same as Paris?

I'm enjoying the discussion here as we're planning on Shanghai at the end of July for only one day. We did HK back in 2008 and ran out of things to do in a day. Am I correct that Shanghai won't be nearly as easy to do in a day as HK? Are the crowds going to be horrible that time of year as they are at DL and WDW? By the way, I loved HK though it was tiny, but I'm still waiting to do any Disney park I don't love. It's Disney!

I'm enjoying the discussion here as we're planning on Shanghai at the end of July for only one day. We did HK back in 2008 and ran out of things to do in a day. Am I correct that Shanghai won't be nearly as easy to do in a day as HK? Are the crowds going to be horrible that time of year as they are at DL and WDW? By the way, I loved HK though it was tiny, but I'm still waiting to do any Disney park I don't love. It's Disney!

Weekend or Weekday? Weekend you are definitely going to want to buy Fastpasses on the app!

We did HK back in 2008 and ran out of things to do in a day. Am I correct that Shanghai won't be nearly as easy to do in a day as HK? Are the crowds going to be horrible that time of year as they are at DL and WDW?

I'm not surprised. It was not really a full day park back then because phase 2 of the park wasn't opened yet (Toy Story Land, Mystic Point, Grizzly Gulch). Stitch Encounter wasn't very foreigner friendly and HKDL now has one more show (Moana). Some other things can be seen as a replacement in terms of things to do (Golden Mickeys vs. Wondrous Book, Autopia vs. Iron Man, Buzz vs. Ant Man, the old parade vs. Flights of Fantasy).

I think for a typical person who wants to do almost everything once, HKDL is now about 1 to 1.5 days and Shanghai is at least 1.5 days.

Crowds in Shanghai can vary dramatically based on the Chinese holiday schedule. When a holiday hits and the park goes to peak, the crowds will be crazy with a high chance of kids urinating in the streets because there's lines for the bathroom. When it's off peak, crowds aren't too much worse than weekdays in DL/WDW and you'll think the crowd horror stories are fake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!