Which Epcot Area Steakhouse/Signature?

Which Epcot Area Steakhouse/Signature?

• Yachtsman

• Shula's

• Flying Fish

Results are only viewable after voting.

PolyRob

DIS Veteran
Staying at BC and I am torn between eating at Yachtsman, Shula's, or Flying Fish. All will be new to my family and I. This will be our only signature this trip. We've done the MK resort ones and are excited to try something different.

Which would you pick?

Yachtsman is such a good restaurant! I've eaten there a few times, my steak is always wonderfully cooked. They have these onion rolls that are amazing and I could go for just them. Flying Fish is more of a seafood restaurant so if your main focus is Steak I wouldn't choose that. I haven't been to the Shula's there, I live near the original in Miami. They do have really good steaks. It's not a Disney run restaurant so if you're using the dining plan or charging with your Magic Band you won't be able to do that there.

If you are looking for steak, Shulas or Yachtsman are hard to beat.
Flying Fish is very good for Seafood, and we have enjoyed every meal there. If you are not on the DDP, I would consider Blue Zoo at the Dolphin for Seafood. Much better.

Shula's is better then the other two. The service is great and it think at Shula's I had one of the best meals I ever had on WDW property. Also the Dolphin is a gorgeous hotel. Worth checking out.

We recently ate at Flying Fish.... I must say this was the best Ny Strip I have had in Years! Great food and excellent service. We have had hit or miss food and service over the years at Yatchsman.

Yachtsman is such a good restaurant! I've eaten there a few times, my steak is always wonderfully cooked. They have these onion rolls that are amazing and I could go for just them. Flying Fish is more of a seafood restaurant so if your main focus is Steak I wouldn't choose that. I haven't been to the Shula's there, I live near the original in Miami. They do have really good steaks. It's not a Disney run restaurant so if you're using the dining plan or charging with your Magic Band you won't be able to do that there.

I’ve passed Yachtsman so many times and always look in and say I will try it one day! I have TiW so that will help. I did budget for Yachtsman when I was accumulating Disney gift cards. It wouldn’t be the end of the world to switch to Shula’s, but using my CC over GC is definitely something to consider.

If you are looking for steak, Shulas or Yachtsman are hard to beat.
Flying Fish is very good for Seafood, and we have enjoyed every meal there. If you are not on the DDP, I would consider Blue Zoo at the Dolphin for Seafood. Much better.

I am leaning more towards a steakhouse. I would do surf and turf, but not everyone in my travel party would. I read one particularly great review of Flying Fish which put it in the running. I hadn’t even considered Blue Zoo!

For steak- Shula's
For seafood- bluezoo

Looks like Swan and Dolphin are winning!

Shula's is better then the other two. The service is great and it think at Shula's I had one of the best meals I ever had on WDW property. Also the Dolphin is a gorgeous hotel. Worth checking out.

This is reassuring. I’ve actually never stepped foot into the Swan or Dolphin! I have Il Mulino in the plans so I will definitely go there once. Looks like 2 dinners may be happening.

Shulas. I have had filet at all three and Shulas cuts of steak are on another level.

Thats the cut I would pick! The menu also seemed to have more options than Yachtsman. I think it only had like 4 actual steak options.

We recently ate at Flying Fish.... I must say this was the best Ny Strip I have had in Years! Great food and excellent service. We have had hit or miss food and service over the years at Yatchsman.

Interesting about Yachtsman’s service. Thats very important. Flying Fish’s ambience is also part of the reason it is in the running. The pics are beautiful.

I've had hit or miss experiences at Yachtsman, too. Terrible service/good food sometimes; excellent service/poorly cooked food other times. And to be fair, another time it was good all the way around. The ambiance at YS doesn't do much for me, either. I haven't been back to YS in a few years, so maybe it is much better these days.

Inconsistency is still too prevalent at the Disney-run signature restaurants; certainly more so than at the Swan/Dolphin and nearby luxury hotels (Four Seasons, Waldorf-Astoria).

Flying Fish and bluezoo have excellent steaks (but few choices). For the "classic steak house experience," Shula's is what you want.

For me its 50/50 between Yachtsman and Shulas, but would give the edge to Yachtsman only because youre staying at the BC and its so convenient to get to, relax and enjoy your dinner, then just stroll back to your room! Shulas would be about a 10 - 15 minute walk. You could cut some walking by taking a ferry, but that would actually add time waiting for a ferry.

Flying Fish gets my vote of the three (have not been to Shula’s). Restaurant is gorgeous, service consistently stellar, food delicious (including steak options). Also echo the Bluezoo shout-outs. Yachtsman is good (onion rolls) ... but I’ve also had some inconsistent experiences there and don’t think the decor is anything special. Flying Fish or Bluezoo “feel” like a more special evening to me.

Last edited:
Others have mentioned it already, but I'll add to the chorus: Bluezoo is the best overall restaurant in that area. I realize you weren't initially considering it, but I'd recommend you at least take a look at the menu if you haven't already. It's a strong option.

Of the places you asked about specifically, I'd go with Shula's. Sure, it's not a Disney-exclusive, but I think it has the best food of the group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter