Which DVC resort for couples trip in January?

ImagineEar

I believe in the Tag Fairy...
Looking for advice on a winter getaway...which DVC resort do you think would offer the most for 2 adults to enjoy in the colder wheather?

These are some points I have come up with so far:

WL - roaring fireplace Lobby
BCV - Wonderful Sauna / whrilpool tub
BWV - cute cocktail lounges - many resturants close by

Any other avice???

SSR is close to DD/PI - it's fun to visit all the clubs in the evening.

BWV is close to JellyRolls - piano players take requests all evening. Lots of fun. Close to many wonderful restaurants including those of EPCOT's World Showcase. Watch fireworks from your balcony (if you reserve a Boardwalk view. Some standard view rooms have a good view of those as well). Nightly entertainment on the Boardwalk.

Best wishes -

We're going to BWV for our January get-away. I know there's a fireplace in the lobby of BWV, is there a fire in it in the cooler months? We were there last December and Santa was seated there taking visitors, but I don't remember if there was a fire going.

Bobbi :flower:

We chose SSR for our couple's trip. The proximity to DTD is nice. We're sure to eat at Portobello Yacht Club, since it's our favorite, and "we" will want to shop at DTD too. DW will get some use out of the spa, and I think I may join her.

I should say that we didn't choose SSR, it was chosen for us (it's all that was available at the time). But we're definitely OK with it.

CarolMN said:
BWV is close to JellyRolls - piano players take requests all evening. Lots of fun. Close to many wonderful restaurants including those of EPCOT's World Showcase. Watch fireworks from your balcony (if you reserve a Boardwalk view. Some standard view rooms have a good view of those as well). Nightly entertainment on the Boardwalk.

Best wishes -
Ya, I'd have to agree with this one.

Umm, how about the fact that the jacuzzi tubs at OKW are big enough for two. I think that's the case, and I think that's the only resort where it's true. :love: :wizard: :wizard:

Simba's Mom said:
Umm, how about the fact that the jacuzzi tubs at OKW are big enough for two. I think that's the case, and I think that's the only resort where it's true. :love: :wizard: :wizard:

2 fit just fine in the SSR tub. :blush: (So I hear.)
We chose SSR once again for our upcoming couples trip in December. We love the DD location and being close to so many restaurants and PI. I also love the Spa and DH may try to get in some golf at the adjacent Lake Buena Vista Golf Course.

Last year in January it was about 85 degrees during the day and only slightly cooler at night.

Simba's Mom said:

Well, I guess the size of the two individuals would factor in that statement, but my wife and I don't have any trouble in BCV and I'm a pretty big guy....

Frankly, OKW would be my last choice for a couples vacation, the much touted large rooms wouldn't be a factor for only two. I'd go for SSR over OKW due to proximity to PI.

DH and I love Boardwalk. You can walk or take the boat to Epcot or MGM. So many wonderful resturants to choose from. Jellyrolls (though we've never been there). I think the lounge is cute and cozy. Plus just walking the whole Boardwalk area at nice is so much fun with all the lights etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter