Where to stay? When to go?

Dukland

A.K.A Mrs. Incredible
We went to Disneyland last year, and we stayed at the Tropicana. It was fine for us. We spent most of our time at Disneyland, and Dh took Ds back to the room for an afternoon nap on several different days. But I haven't seen anyone recommend it here. Would we do better at a different hotel, maybe? The Candy Cane? We are looking at the affordable hotels, and they need to be within walking distance. We will likely be driving this year (I'm still working on dh LOL) but would still rather stay right outside the Park.

Also, Dh wants to wait until Pirates is open again before we take our trip. And, he doesn't want to pull dd out of school to go, so that leaves July or August. These are, obviously, the busiest months. I've got Birnbaum's, but what do the "experienced" folks here say? If give the choices of July and Auguest, when would you go? I had been thinking mid-July, but now I am thinking, maybe we would be better in late August, because some places start school in August?

Thanks for listening to my endless questions. I am determined to have another fabulous experience, and want to make sure my kids really enjoy themselves. My dd will be 5.5 at the time of our trip, and I want her to have the best time, while she still idolizes all the Princesses.

Dukland in Washington pixiedust:

Well it will be hot either way. Late August MIGHT see a decrease in crowds. I try not to be there in summer if I can help it. We stay at the Residence Inn on Clementine. It is about 1 1/2-2 blocks away. Fairfield is right across the street. Defianently close enough for naps. I have never stayed at Candy Cane Inn but everyone I know that has likes it for a moderate.

Check out the Holiday Inn on Manchester. I think its the nicest HI we've ever stayed at and the prices can be as low as $69 a night.

A few years back we went at the end of August and found it to be not too bad crowd-wise. With the 50th still going on then, though, who knows how it'll be. Heat-wise......well, we're from Arizona so summers, it's better to be anywhere but here. :rotfl:

As far as where to stay, I vote whichever is cheaper. Tropicana doesn't get talked about so much because, in my opinion, you can usually get better value elsewhere. I've never ever found it to be cheaper there than my other standbys. Plus, iirc, they don't have tubs in their bathrooms, just showers, which would be less than ideal for my kids. I don't think you can go too wrong with any of the hotels along that stretch -- HOJOs, Fairfield, Park Inn, Carousel, Tropicana, BWPPI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter