Where can I buy a 1/2 gallon of milk within walking distance?

lvdis

love disney
We won't have a car and would like to have milk to keep in the room for quick breakfast a couple of mornings. Is there somewhere onsite or close by we can get milk? We will be staying at Portofino Bay and plan to have a refrigerator (due to medical needs).

The Mobil gas station on the corner probably has milk too.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 11.31.28 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 11.31.28 AM.png
    125.2 KB · Views: 8
It's not half gallon size but we've gotten milk at the lobby gift shop and at Sal's.

there are no shuttles from Cbay to the other resorts.

someone from Cbay could take the bus to the parks and use the water taxi to the deluxe hotels.
buy the milk then return to Cbay.

from what shellhutch posted, buy it at bayliner's diner

It doesn't sound like it would be very convenient to travel from PBH to Cbay, so I'll probably just pick up some small milks at the PBH gift shop or Sal's if I can get it the night before. Thanks for all the ideas.

why don't you ask when you check into the hotel if one of the employees could take you to Cbay to buy the larger containor of milk.

if the hotel is not busy at the time, maybe they could help you out.

just a thought.

If you go out the back entrance to PBH (where they have outdoor weddings), the walgreens is about a 2 minute walk.

I've always wanted to try that. Is there a gate or something there to let you out to the main street?

I did a googlemaps street view on it and it looks like there's a walking path from the parking lot if I'm seeing at it correctly.

upload_2016-3-6_22-0-17.png

No fences of gates, just sparse landscaping as shown in the photo above. I walked it last summer. I left the club room, shopped for a quick item that was at the walgreens register and I was literally back in the club-room in 10 minutes.

No fences of gates, just sparse landscaping as shown in the photo above. I walked it last summer. I left the club room, shopped for a quick item that was at the walgreens register and I was literally back in the club-room in 10 minutes.
Where do you cross the major road? It doesn't look like there is a crosswalk on the PBH side of the road to cross Kirkman. Do you have to cross Vineland first then Kirkman, then Vineland again to get to the Walgreens? The one that appears to be the closest on the map is; Walgreens, 5501 South Kirkman Road, Orlando, FL 32819

Going to bump this instead of starting a new thread! Is it possible to go out the back of the Portofino Bay to get to the Walgreens? Has anyone done this?

I just pulled up a google maps satellite view and it does seem there is a little path from the parking lot out to Vineland, the Google picture even showed a person about to jaywalk across Vineland at that point. But lvdis is correct with her comment that it looks like you would have to cross 3 times if you were using the crosswalks at the major intersection to get to Walgreens, as there is no crosswalk on the side you would be on. I'm not even sure how you would get to that parking lot, it says it's for service and deliveries.

I'll be at PBH in a few weeks, if I get a chance I will check it out.

Last edited:
I just pulled up a google maps satellite view and it does seem there is a little path from the parking lot out to Vineland, the Google picture even showed a person about to jaywalk across Vineland at that point. But lvdis is correct with her comment that it looks like you would have to cross 3 times if you were using the crosswalks at the major intersection to get to Walgreens, as there is no crosswalk on the side you would be on. I'm not even sure how you would get to that parking lot, it says it's for service and deliveries.

I'll be at PBH in a few weeks, if I get a chance I will check it out.
Thanks, but we will be there in 13 days so I will find out first :). Will likely use Uber or something just because the purchases I want to make will include beer or other alcohol! Those would be heavy to carry back.

Thanks, but we will be there in 13 days so I will find out first :). Will likely use Uber or something just because the purchases I want to make will include beer or other alcohol! Those would be heavy to carry back.
Was wondering if you walked or did Uber? Millers Ale House is next to Walgreens and walking would be great if doable.

We wound up not going! Completely forgot about it in the run around to get out of the room on time.

We used an online service called Drizly to have liquor delivered. Worked great. You can probably find a promo code or first-timer offer to save five bucks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter