When were you completely AWED by something at Disney?

This was actually at California Adventure but walking into Cars Land really felt like we had jumped into the movie Cars. When I first saw the ads for Cars Land I didn't realize that those bright blue skies were the real deal! And when we were standing there in the middle of Radiator Springs at dusk and the neon lights came on just like they did in the movie, the moment was as magical as walking down Main Street and catching a glimpse of Cinderella (or Sleeping Beauty) castle. And I LOVE that Lightning and Mater and Red are actually life sized vehicles that drive down the street. And don't even get me going on riding Radiator Springs Racers! It was EXACTLY like when Lightning and Sally went for a ride in the movie. I could do that ride over and over and over again and never tire of it. Disney really outdid themselves with Cars Land.

This is a little silly (and, SPOILER ALERT FOR For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration!!!)

So, we took my best friend's 6-year-old niece to "For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration", and I, as a 37-year-old who thought the movie was charming but is in no way what you would call obsessed with it, was pleasantly amused by the performances of the two leads and the fun of seeing all the kids singing along, la-di-da...

...and then Elsa comes out and makes it snow inside the theatre.

Oh my gosh, I became a 6-year-old myself - jaw hanging open in wonder - it was absolutely magical, a total showstopper, feeling that snow coming down in August, feeling the chill of the cold theatre and the music and everything all together. What a spectacular surprise that was. I was blown away, I must admit.

As many have attested, there are ample opportunities for the magic to happen. For me, it is travelling from place to place and seeing everything so perfectly manicured and clean. I cannot imagine how many people it takes to do that. LOL then I think about how my yard needs some TLC!!!

Most recently, on our August trip we were blown away by the new Happily Ever After show and Flight of Passage. Literally jaw dropping

This was actually at California Adventure but walking into Cars Land really felt like we had jumped into the movie Cars. When I first saw the ads for Cars Land I didn't realize that those bright blue skies were the real deal! And when we were standing there in the middle of Radiator Springs at dusk and the neon lights came on just like they did in the movie, the moment was as magical as walking down Main Street and catching a glimpse of Cinderella (or Sleeping Beauty) castle. And I LOVE that Lightning and Mater and Red are actually life sized vehicles that drive down the street. And don't even get me going on riding Radiator Springs Racers! It was EXACTLY like when Lightning and Sally went for a ride in the movie. I could do that ride over and over and over again and never tire of it. Disney really outdid themselves with Cars Land.

OOOH yes Cars Land is amazing... so immersive and well-themed and Radiator Springs Racers is just incredible. I'm not even a big Cars fan!

Last year when we watched Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam - so much more than we expected!

Every time I walk down Main Street for the first time on each visit - I'm back where I belong, and I feel all tingly inside :yay:

Over the years I'm sure there have been many such moments. But the most recent one was FOP. I just cannot describe this ride adequately. Disney has outdone itself (again).

7 weeks and counting until I get to experience FOP. A colleague recently visited and could not find the words to describe it. We have no idea what to expect so I'm sure we'll be blown away like everyone else

First ride on Magical Express, I still love it and miss it on trips when we drive down

Every time I saw Wishes (HEA is great, but no emotional connection like I had with Wishes)

Fantasmic at Disneyland (don’t care for DHS version)

Flight of Passage. Truly amazing. I won’t share details of why it’s amazing in case I spoil for anyone who hasn’t ridden yet!

Boo to You parade. Headless Horseman and the Gravediggers are my favorite.

So there is a thread on here that discuses what left you underwhelmed at Disney. Thought that I would start a thread that is a bit more positive. This way people can look forward to new ideas that they may not know.

I will get things started -

For us, it was eating lunch at Sanaa last April. We visited AKL last April and stumbled onto Sanaa, we had never heard of the place. We like Indian food, so we decided to tried it out. WOW!! We were totally blown away by the food, environment, and service. We choose to stay at AKL next month just so we can be close to Sanaa.

One of my fave memories at Disney was after we did a Disney Cruise on our honeymoon, so we still had our Cruise pins on and EVERY SINGLE CAST MEMBER noticed and thought the cruise honeymoon pins were pretty cool. (I didn't even think to get park pins from Guest Services)

Arriving at AKL on our first ever Disney holiday, getting off the Magical Express and being met by a cast member saying ‘welcome home’. I still feel teary whenever I remember it
We are staying at OKW on our next trip but we’re still planning on taking a ride over to AKL just to catch the smell and feel of the hotel as it brings back such great memories

Arriving at AKL on our first ever Disney holiday, getting off the Magical Express and being met by a cast member saying ‘welcome home’. I still feel teary whenever I remember it
We are staying at OKW on our next trip but we’re still planning on taking a ride over to AKL just to catch the smell and feel of the hotel as it brings back such great memories
Don't worry, you'll be made just as welcome at OKW, you'll be welcomed home there too:)

Mine is mix of stuff from parks on both coasts.

As child, going on the original Journey Into Imagination ride with Dreamfinder and Figment and the resulting earworm that followed.
Riding the Maelstrom with the creepy trolls.
The wave pool at Typhoon Lagoon, when the ship stuck on the mountain blew its top loudly and then huge waves came and knocked us on our butts.
Standing in an hour long queue for Indiana Jones for the first time, with a decoder card in hand, deciphering the funny writing on the walls, and then the ride itself afterwards.
The Tower of Terror on both coasts (both rides are different! I won't spoil it for you).
Soaring (over California, of course).
Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy.
Walking into Radiator Springs for the first time, eating at Flo's Cafe and watching cars zip by from our windowside table.
Going on the revamped Star Tours and Vader force grabbed our starspeeder and threw it around a spaceship hangar, all because of a five year old rebel spy.
First ride on Expedition Everest.
Staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, walking out onto our balcony right after we checked in, to see a family of giraffes staring at us.
Going through the tiger exhibit at Animal Kingdom that looked like a ruined Indian palace.
Halloween parade and fireworks at Mickey's Halloween parties.
Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular with the Sanderson Sisters.
Pandora, both day and night.
FLIGHT OF PASSAGE
Banshee puppets!

And BONUS! Watching a group of drunk business men get off of the Na'vi River Journey, loudly singing "MA EYWA."

Most recently it was my first ride on FoP.

Over the years there have been many things: The first ride on the Haunted Mansion, first ride on Soarin', first viewing of Illuminations, first visit to AK, our first stay at the BWI... the 'first' list keeps going on.

And to second what others have said, there are the little things that impact me every visit: The drive under the welcome sign, the walk down Main Street, the walk under Spaceship Earth, a ride on the MK train... this list goes on too.

Finally, when visiting the parks I am in a constant mild state of awe at the overall attention to story and detail. Even when driving through the World you can notice the attention to landscaping along the roads. A minor thing but it speaks to the attention to detail and investment that is part of what makes WDW a special place.

For me, all of the nighttime shows really got me on my first trip back after 30ish years. I am forever ruined for 4th of July for anywhere but WDW, so I promised myself solo trips every year for that week!

Every time I drive under that Disney World sign to start a trip. Coming into the bubble is the real start of "vacation" for me...I instantly relax and can't wipe the smile off my face.

The first time I walked into the AKL Jambo lobby. It's absolutely gorgeous and I just stopped and gaped for a few minutes.

Eating dinner at BOG. It was the second time I'd eaten there, but the first time for dinner and the first time as a solo diner. It was great from start to finish...check in was easy, I only waited a few minutes. I was seated at a small table in the main dining room next to another small table with another solo diner, and we had good conversation. Service was fantastic, and I never felt rushed or ignored. And the food was phenomenal! I tell people all the time that this was the best meal experience I've ever had on Disney property.

Every time I see Fantasmic. I just love it.

Watching the MK nighttime show with first-timers last year was amazing. First time I cried during a nighttime show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!