When to avoid aulani?

We went at the end of January and it was a great time to be there. We had really warm weather and low crowds at the resort. A cast member said any time kids are out of school is when it is busy at the resort.

The winter months are peak season, so I would avoid Feb/March. In April, I would avoid Easter week. In May, I would avoid Memorial Weekend. I would likely go early April or early May - still early enough where you shouldn't catch much of the vacationing out-of-school crowd, but avoiding the times mentioned.

We just booked for March 22-29, 2019. With Easter being April 21, do you think that it will be horribly crowded when we go? We booked a 1BR Island/Garden view. What kind of request do I put in to get a peek of the ocean? Thanks for any help!

We just booked for March 22-29, 2019. With Easter being April 21, do you think that it will be horribly crowded when we go? We booked a 1BR Island/Garden view. What kind of request do I put in to get a peek of the ocean? Thanks for any help!

Hard to say. March is when college breaks occur, but I can't speak to how that impacts Aulani crowds. As I mentioned, winter months are peak season with people taking vacations out of the cold and also during school breaks. Winter months are also peak whale watching season, which is another perk of traveling then that draws people in. Either way, it will only be as crowded as however many rooms there are. They are capped at that many guests, so its different than the parks which can vary drastically.

As far as a room request, someone else can likely answer better but I would guess requesting a high floor would help. With there being an ocean view booking category, I'm not sure how many rooms with a slight view of the ocean actually exist without them being categorized as ocean view.

We are in beg stages of planning our second trip back to hawaii and going to combine it with some days at disneyland.

Plan is to go sometime between end of feb and beg of june. Want to avoid Starwars land at DL..LOL.

During that time what are the worst weeks to go?

The weeks I would avoid include 4/12-27 and 4/29-5/5 (Golden Week). All those weeks are premier season for Aulani DVC. Higher points and higher crowds generally speaking.

1/6-2/23 are included in Adventure Season. Lowest points because DVC expects lower demand. We've stayed at Aulani twice during January and loved it although weekends are much more crowded. I think that is a year round phenomenon at Aulani due to locals visiting, hosting birthday parties, etc..

Since you are leaning toward May into June, April 28 (just that one night) and May 6-June 23 are in Choice season which has the second lowest cost in points.

The first thread on the Aulani forum should help you with a request. I think it is something like odd numbered villas on upper floors in the newer Ewa tower but having never made a view request for that category I confess to not paying close attention. I sure did notice some island view villas with lovely side views of the ocean. As for that particular week, I think it will help that you are not close to Easter. I think Southerngirl's suggestion of checking on school breaks in Hawaii is an excellent one.

I am from Australia and thinking of going January, is that a good month?

Our two stays at Aulani were both in January after the end of the holiday season. Loved it. We have also stayed at the Grand Wailea on Maui a number of times in January and never had problems with crowds. At Aulani, weekends will be busier in our experience. We book a cabana or use those days to explore Oahu.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!