"When I went it was all lights, and music, and Mickey doin' his magic." — Aug. '18 Disneyversary TR — Completed (Finally!!) August 20, 2021

So excited for you! Sounds like you are definitely in need of some Disney!!!! Looking forward to your glorious return!

How exciting, I hope you have an awesome time. Good luck with your exams. I bet it will feel good to get one more semester done!!!!

Hi, friends! I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I haven't abandoned my TRs! I've been joyfully reading your comments, and anxiously awaiting the day when I have time to return with more updates.

:wave:

The even better news is that....N and I decided last week to book a spur-of-the-moment trip to WDW for New Year's!

Nice!

N had a few more large sales at his last few holiday events than we were anticipating,

Good for him! Glad to hear that.

And now, if all goes well on the studying front, I'll be back soon with a return to your regularly-scheduled programming!

Good luck with the studies/exams!

Very happy for you guys and your NYE-spur-of-the-moment trip, and a bit jealous too! Even though the thought of the crowds scares me I really want to do New Years in Disney one of these.......years :o

Good luck on exams!

Just caught up and loving it! Your writing is so fun - following along!

Hi, friends! I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I haven't abandoned my TRs! I've been joyfully reading your comments, and anxiously awaiting the day when I have time to return with more updates.

The good news is that exams are almost upon me, and so soon enough I'll have a beautifully long December break and will be back here to share more stories with you.

The even better news is that....N and I decided last week to book a spur-of-the-moment trip to WDW for New Year's!

BrXDwu7.gif

I have been working hard in school, and N has been quite literally working around the clock at two jobs to keep everything running smoothly while I do so. We've been budgeting well, and N had a few more large sales at his last few holiday events than we were anticipating, so we decided that we can manage a modest WDW trip to reward ourselves...in less than a month! :hyper: We will be flying out on New Year's Eve, battling the holiday crowds for 4.5 glorious days, trying some new things, and revisiting some old favourites.

My grandmother has gifted us a few nights at her timeshare, and our APs don't expire until mid-January, so all we have to worry about will be our flights, car, and food...lots and lots of food.

Fkdqe2l.gif

I have admitted defeat and decided that I don't have time to write a PTR or a TR for this short trip, but I might share a few photos and highlights on one of these threads when we get back. (I know, you're all shocked by this, with how well I've been managing my current TRs! :laughing:)

And now, if all goes well on the studying front, I'll be back soon with a return to your regularly-scheduled programming!

lnMe2dI.gif

That sounds amazing!!! I'll be looking forward to your posts on FB. You will have to prep us on how the crowds are. I am looking at it as a challenge, sort of a Disney-veteran rite of passage if you will. :)
Have a magical time!

Hey Meghan! I'm here a little late to the party but I just caught up! Congratulations and I hope you had a wonderful anniversary at Disney!!

Side note: if you read my Disneymoon TR, you'll recognize that I've decided to write in this interesting kinda burnt orange colour because (1) our trip overlapped with the beginning of WDW Halloween festivities, and (2) it's kind of the colour that comes to mind when I think about walking on the surface of the sun.

4r2ibb4.gif

Oh god, after going in January this year I almost forgot what it's like to go in the summer months.. and I've only been in September, I dread to think what July/August is like :faint: anyway, the 'burnt orange' description amused me :laughing:

We also have a black cat named Stacey J. Aswad. And yes, she is named after that Stacey.

td4g6QH.jpg

This is my favourite fact about you :laughing: it's nice to meet the legend that is Stacey J Aswad! :worship:

with a love of giraffes, Orange Bird,

burnt orange bird :faint:

"Makes you wonder what the poor people are doing..."

....but I expected that it was entirely possible that people would read that title and make assumptions as to whether we said these words ourselves—I assure you, we did NOT—and whether they represented some kind of prejudiced attitude that we hold—I assure you, they do NOT. But in my mind, this will probably always be the secret title of this report...and I'll get to that story soon enough as well.

HAHA titling it this would definitely have raised eyebrows on these boards :rotfl: I dread to think how this was said, I can't imagine any context where this is appropriate! :faint: People.. :rolleyes:

I'd been told a couple of weeks earlier that the Orange Bird Dooney and Bourke bag I'd been coveting had shown up at the CW on Vineland. This was actually anxiety-provoking news, because I anticipated that they'd be all gone by the time that we arrived. (Things can move quickly there sometimes.) Beyond that, I wondered if they'd gone to CW because they were going to stop selling them on property/online, and if I might miss purchasing one altogether! You can imagine my surprise and relief when we got there, and I was able to pick myself up this beauty:

vMAjd9t.jpg

That's amazing! I need to go there!

It's sooo pretty!! .....And I love it even more because it was a full 50% off!!

this whole trip report has me like :faint: for so many reasons :rotfl:

I have the exact same pin! PIN TWINS.

:faint::faint::faint: amazing shot!!! I absolutely love your early morning Animal Kingdom photoshoot, I would imagine this costs a fortune?!

This is adorable, whereabouts in Animal Kingdom is this? And you do look most beautiful :lovestruc

I'm following and looking forward to more!

The good news is that exams are almost upon me, and so soon enough I'll have a beautifully long December break and will be back here to share more stories with you.
You're so close to having some time off - yay you! :hyper: How close are you to graduation? (forgive me if you've said recently... I have school brain these days :laughing:)

I'm so excited for you!!! It sounds like you both have been working super hard and really deserve this trip. So excited you can make it happen :thumbsup2

It is insanely crowded BUT the most magical day ever!! Plus, I tell everyone, if you know what you're doing and have a plan, it is a totally do-able day! AND @chunkymonkey and @Lesley Wake will be there for NYE 2019, and SO WILL I :-D
That sounds amazing!!! I'll be looking forward to your posts on FB. You will have to prep us on how the crowds are. I am looking at it as a challenge, sort of a Disney-veteran rite of passage if you will. :)
Have a magical time!

Thanks, friends!! :) Though I have a feeling we won't make it till midnight. At least not in the parks. It will be our arrival day, and I expect we'll be too tired and cranky to deal with crowd-pocalypse! There have been talks of buying lots of Erin McKenna's baked goods and watching the ball drop from the hotel room like the losers that we are. :P

Hey Meghan! I'm here a little late to the party but I just caught up! Congratulations and I hope you had a wonderful anniversary at Disney!!

Hi Katie! Welcome!! And thank you :)

Oh god, after going in January this year I almost forgot what it's like to go in the summer months.. and I've only been in September, I dread to think what July/August is like :faint: anyway, the 'burnt orange' description amused me :laughing:

Oh my goodness, yes! So brutal! But I almost appreciate the August weather a little in that at least I know exactly what to expect. It's incredibly hot and humid, and many days it will probably rain in the afternoons. I know how to pack/prepare for that! Winter trips are a whole different kettle of fish that way.

This is my favourite fact about you :laughing: it's nice to meet the legend that is Stacey J Aswad! :worship:

She's a star! And she loves her Disney Must-Do's. :cat:

HAHA titling it this would definitely have raised eyebrows on these boards :rotfl: I dread to think how this was said, I can't imagine any context where this is appropriate! :faint: People.. :rolleyes:

It was totally inappropriate and very uncomfortable. But we couldn't help but continue to reference it in a mock-snarky tone for the rest of the trip. That story coming soon...

:faint::faint::faint: amazing shot!!! I absolutely love your early morning Animal Kingdom photoshoot, I would imagine this costs a fortune?!

It really does. It was a splurge that I don't regret at all, but it's wild what they get away with charging. I mean, people absolutely pay more than that here at home for wedding photos, etc., but usually it's for several hours to a full day of coverage...not an hour. It was a little less when we did it, but then they raised the prices again shortly after we booked. Last I checked, any of the parks other than MK cost around $1500, and MK cost almost $1000 more than that. I looooooved doing this, but I don't think I could justify doing it again with the increased prices. :scared: I think the next time we have photos done, if there's a next time, it'll probably be with a local (non-Disney) photographer at a WDW resort.

This is adorable, whereabouts in Animal Kingdom is this? And you do look most beautiful :lovestruc

Thank you! :hug: It's a great little spot! It's back in Harambe past all the food windows. It's on your way into a cast member area, so it's kind of hidden. I had seen pictures of it before, but found it in person until our photographer took us there.

You're so close to having some time off - yay you! :hyper: How close are you to graduation? (forgive me if you've said recently... I have school brain these days :laughing:)

Yay!! Only one more exam now... :goodvibes I'm totally with you on the school brain issue!! I finish in the spring on 2020, so I've still got a bit left to go. Of those four semester left, though, only two of them are in the classroom, and then there are two internships.

I'm so excited for you!!! It sounds like you both have been working super hard and really deserve this trip. So excited you can make it happen :thumbsup2

Thanks so much! It will be the highly-anticipated break we both need!

Hope your term is ending well with fantastic marks on all of your exams!

Thanks, Liessa! Only one more left to go! Not sure about fantastic marks, but I feel okay about everything so far, so that should hopefully mean at least passing marks. :goodvibes

Yay!! Only one more exam now... :goodvibes I'm totally with you on the school brain issue!! I finish in the spring on 2020, so I've still got a bit left to go. Of those four semester left, though, only two of them are in the classroom, and then there are two internships.
That's so awesome! So this time next year, you'll be close to starting up your final semester, right? ;) (it's all about perspective :laughing:)

Thanks so much! It will be the highly-anticipated break we both need!
I bet! ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter