When does Target mark things on clearance?

Jessd

Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>Goes into NASCAR mo
Hi!

I have had my eye on a chair at Target for quite a while. In the toy section, they have a pink princess chair, it has a high back, sort of shaped like the point on a castle and has a little skirt on it. I believe it is the Play Wonder Throne Chair. They have a matching foot stool and dress with wings.

Regular price is 39.99. I was there early in the week and it was full price. Now it is 30% off.

When do you think it will go lower? How long are things on clearance before they mark them down again? I may buy the dress now because the dress was marked 50% off and is now 9.99, but I wanted to wait on the chair to see if it goes down again.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I'm not sure but I have my eye on the "Tiki bar" outdoor furniture set!!! I go every other day in hopes I can snag it. :teeth:

I DID get an inverter for my husband yesterday, regularly 59.99 for 12.48! :woohoo:

Target does have a schedule that most stores adhere to and I found it online:

Monday - Kids Clothing and Electronics
Tuesday - Women's Clothing and Domestics
Wednesday - Men's Clothing, Toys, Health and Beauty
Thursday - Lingerie, Shoes, Housewares
Friday - Cosmetics, Housewares, Automotives

Target will typically mark down unsold clearance merchandise every two weeks. So, if you are watching an item and see that it has been marked down 30 or 50 percent, come back in another two weeks to see if it has been marked down further.

My Super Target has a ton of clearance clothes right now, I picked up a pair of C-9 Champion workout pants for $7.50, normally $30.00 yesterday.

I plan to pick up one more today too.

Our Target definetly doesn't follow the schedule. I found that same one on gottadeal and watch ours like a hawk. I noticed they've started marking down some of the patio furniture this week. There was one retro type set that all the pieces went immediately to 75% off. Never seen that jump on these things before. Too bad I didn't like it. I'm watching for some of the patio stuff to get marked down too. Just wondering how long that might take...... :confused3

I also keep watching the patio furniture. I was hope it goes on sale before the 4th of july our old set is falling apart.

There are already patio furniture mark downs? I thought I would have to wait to end of July or August. I don't need patio furniture so I was willing to wait on markdowns or wait until I found something on ebay or craigslist.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll start stalking the patio furniture sales starting now :teeth:

I did see some great electronics markdowns last week, a polaroid 8 inch DVD player with a sort of box that makes it a regular tv down to $149 from $300. Mickey TV's half price too. I love Target :love:

I think I saw that retro set yesterday. They only had the chairs left but good price...I am looking for one of those sets that kind of looks like a familyroom set 2 chairs,sofa, table but I want it cheap since we dont neeeed it. :sad2: .but I WANT IT :Pinkbounc

A friend who works at our local Target told me that new clothes that come in are first marked down after three weeks.

HEADS UP!!!! Got arm and hammer puppy pads today for 3.25 and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory video game (for gamecube) for 4.48! :woohoo:

That clearance schedule was correct. That is how things are marked down every week. Some things go quicker than others, it depends on how well it sells. Not all stores will mark the same items at the same time. Again, it depends on how fast it sells. Generally if you see something that goes from regular price to 75% off it is because they didn't mark the original 15-30% off when they were suppose too or it was sent from their distribution center and the store had already gone through the mark down process. I hope that helps. I have worked for Target for 19 years.

I'm curious - what happens to all the seasonal stuff that doesn't sell at Target? Example, when the Easter stuff got down to 90%, there was still some stuff left. A day later, the entire section was set up with summer/seasonal/picnic stuff. Where did the Easter things go? Or in general, what do they do with clearance/seasonal items that don't sell?

If after 90% the items do not sell, then they are considered salvage at that point and in my area, those items are picked up by the Salvation Army.

I see many things from target at the Good Will.I had got some $ 1 dollar section stuff at target 75 % off then a few weeks later saw the same things in a large box at the Good Will ready to be put out. I alway see clothes from target with the tags of the mark downs. I know at the end of last season I bought my son shorts at target all at $1.24, last week I saw the same shorts with tags in the Good Will and they wanted $1.75 , funny huh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest