What would you like to see at a Fourth Universal Orlando Gate?

Justin Coulson

Earning My Ears
Would'nt it be cool not that it is likely to happen but to see Universal Orlando bring back some of the popular classic attractions to life at a future 4th gate like Jaws, Earthquake,Back to the Future, King Kong not likely because he is back at IOA, Ghostbusters, Terminator again, etc. But you hsve the newly created and rebooted once again newer version of Kong himself from Skull Island (2017). What if Universal could partner up with WB to form a Mini MonsterVerse land including Godzilla, Rodan, Mothra, King Ghodirah, just a world of monsters speaking of that featuring classic monsters. I think Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolf Man, Creature from the black lagoon would make a big splash in the fourth gate. Jurassic World I think should be transformed over at IOA replacing the original Jurassic park rather than building a new land over at their newly purchased property. Then you have Nintendo land which is rumored to be in all 3 universal Orlando parks, Lord Of The Rings, Star Trek are an absolute must to be. Of course the highlight of this fourth gate is to bring in more Harry Potter from the spin-off series Fantastic Beasts so that'll be very interesting. What are your thoughts of a new gate? Brainstorm ideas.

I think video game properties are criminally underused in theme parks.

I know they're finally building stuff with Nintendo, but there are other very popular franchises like Halo, assassin's Creed, even Minecraft.

Yes I guess the odds of Kong coming back would be a long shot but I just would like to see a Mini land dedicated to the MonsterVerse with the likes of Godzilla and his enemies including Rodan, etc. It would just be pretty cool. I just was a little dissapointed over Reign Of Kong at IOS. The use of projected screens/3D glasses has gotten over the top on my opinion. I don't see why Warner Bros. and Legendary could bring another franchise to their Universal Parks in the future if the MonsterVerse continues. I just thought Kongfrontation was the best kong ride ever made because it looked so real no glasses included. Look at New York City, physical sets & props. Special effects were awesome. I wish Universal could come back to riding the movies I love that slogan. I really miss those days not really feelin the 3D/& projected screens. I expected Reign Of Kong to be much more than just watching a 3d show no disrespect. I understand the queue is amazing. But Universal I miss the good old days. Back to the future, Earthquake, jaws when it finally worked after all those years turned out to ve spectacular. I want to get back to real universal attractions. I want universal to use possibly some of their main titles as attractions in the third/fourth gate.

I would like to see a star trek land that is even more immersive than HP land.

I think disney is doing something like that for star wars, but UO has already done it for HP, so they have a good idea to start.

Since HHN is a huge success for US, then maybe a rated G - PG year round land of Universal Monsters houses and zones would work. I know I'd love it anyway.

Another vote for a classic monsters land - I’m an elder millennial but when I was a kid in elementary school, my best friend and I would have sleep overs almost every Friday and pick a different classic monsters movie to watch. The nostalgia factor is huge for a large range of people, from grand parents who watched them when they first came out to people my age range who grew up on them on VHS.

Of course the highlight of this fourth gate is to bring in more Harry Potter from the spin-off series Fantastic Beasts so that'll be very interesting.
Is it for sure that the HP land will be based on Fantastic Beasts? I was thinking the only remaining large "set" from HP was the Ministry of Magic, but something from Fantastic Beasts makes sense.

The big ones I'd like to see would be an area for the classic universal monster with a dark ride at least themed to them all in some manner.
A Dreamworks area for family/kids rides. Be similar to what they did in Singapore did but use other properties like Ho to Train your Dragon and Kung Fu Panda, maybe could use Shrek too sine they are planning to do more movies. (Then can convert the current Shrek 4-D into a Secret Life of Pets ride or another Illumination property, maybe expand to the Monsters Cafe as well for an Illumination land in UO).
Maybe a new HP area with stuff for Fantastic Beasts. (Not sure if it's fully necessary though. Especially if they put Ministry of Magic in next to Diagon Alley)
A Nintendo land with properties around Mario/Mario Kart, Donkey Kong, Kirby. (they are all cartoonish and could mesh together in a big land.)
A general space themed area that can have Star Trek stuff and Metroid.

I think a 3rd Harry Potter section and a Nintendo section are pretty much a given. At some point I think they'll do something with the secret life of pets and trolls IP, but who knows where that'd go.

At the movies this weekend we saw the trailer for How To Train Your Dragon 3, which is Universal.

The whole time I was thinking this could be made into a Flight of Passage type of ride easily! Taking a ride on Toothless :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter