What type of tickets should we get

nlenguyen

PharmDis95
Hello, my party of 5 has decided and will be traveling to DL in February for President's Day. There are a few different ways we could go about our trip. 2 people have not been to DLR in a few years while me and my parents frequently visit at least once a year.
We are going for 2 days and would like to get opinions on the tickets we purchase. We will be staying on site so there could be the park with early entry... now that they changed the rules we have to worry about this.
The options are:
1. Two day 1 park per day with Genie+
2. Two day park hoppers without Genie+
3. Two day 1 park per day without Genie+ for DCA but Genie+ for DL

Thank you for any advice

Given those options I would go with #1. Typically I always say that parkhoppers are a must at DLR but if it is a choice between hoppers or G+, I would go with G+ since you only have the 2 days.

I'd do the option with hoppers for flexibility in case of ride breakdowns. It's also nice to be able to hop if one park is busier, which will help with a 2-day trip (maximizing time). Genie+ could be added the day of if for some reason the parks are horribly crowded. I know it's an annoying extra expense, but it really helps for busy days!

I have always been FIRMLY on team park hopper. But we just got back from a 4 day trip where we didn’t hop - just one park per day. I actually found it so much more relaxed to be limited to one park - I wasn’t constantly scanning the wait times in the other park and we weren’t running back and forth. We had young kids with us so we were slower moving anyway. So, my opinion has changed - I vote for one park per day with Genie +!

I have always been FIRMLY on team park hopper. But we just got back from a 4 day trip where we didn’t hop - just one park per day. I actually found it so much more relaxed to be limited to one park - I wasn’t constantly scanning the wait times in the other park and we weren’t running back and forth. We had young kids with us so we were slower moving anyway. So, my opinion has changed - I vote for one park per day with Genie +!
I have found this as well.... I don't really miss the ability to hop on a daily basis EXCEPT when DCA closes earlier for the night. I do wish DCA stayed open until 11 or 12. But we like to save a little bit on the tickets while still purchasing G+ on a couple of those days.

Given those options I would go with #1. Typically I always say that parkhoppers are a must at DLR but if it is a choice between hoppers or G+, I would go with G+ since you only have the 2 days.
That is what I am thinking. Should we do the prepaid or should we just wait until the day of to purchase?

So many things to consider, but yeah it is not as time consuming in CA than FL but still, if you are in the back of DCA and try to get to lands in DL then it can be a while and by then the times have changed.

I would go with 1. Genie+ is overpowered at both parks. If you're coming in for a once in a while trip, it's almost mandatory.

I'm on team no-hopper typically and have found what you did - can be much more relaxed in just one park per day (bad enough running between lands let alone parks.) BUT - we typically do a minimum of 3 or 4 day visits. For a 2 day trip I think I might do hoppers and plan on spending a partial day in DCA and then a full day plus a partial day in DL so I could close out the day at DL two times.

I'd do the option with hoppers for flexibility in case of ride breakdowns. It's also nice to be able to hop if one park is busier, which will help with a 2-day trip (maximizing time). Genie+ could be added the day of if for some reason the parks are horribly crowded. I know it's an annoying extra expense, but it really helps for busy days!
They are going President's Day weekend, it's all but guaranteed to be horribly crowded.

I would not go that weekend without Genie+ unless I didn't plan to do any rides.

I wish I could do option #4. Two members of the party would have limited resources, so we are trying to be cost effective, if that's possible right now going to a Disney Park

FYI it's a one time fee of $60/person for park hoppers - not per day if that makes a difference
I somehow missed that this was the case - this is a huge tip, especially if you are reserving 4 or 5 days and don't know where you'll want to go back.

I am really big on park hoppers. The two parks are so close together. They’re essentially one big park in a sense… and Disneyland is always open later than DCA so I love that option. I also don’t want to be confined into one park when it comes to the night time entertainment. I’ve never not gotten park hoppers.

I would also get Genie+, because there’s no way you’re going to be happy about standing in those standby lines regardless

So my vote is hoppers AND genie+ for the length of the trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter