What to see on resort hop?

2Gma

Mouseketeer
Any Recommendations of specific things to see during our resort hop? We have never taken the time to check out the monorail resorts or AKL. Plan to do on our free day/pool day.

I love to search for Hidden Mickeys at each resort. At AKL, just watching the animals is worth the trip.

Are you going during spring break? They'll have the chocolate Easter eggs at GF and Contemporary.

Dole Whips at the Poly, you can boat over to WL for lunch and a hidden Mickey search (ask for the clue sheet), wagon rides and horseback rides at FW, look for the 3 legged goat at the Contemporary, shopping at GF.

I just like to check out the food offerings at restaurants/counter service locations and walk by the pools in order to see if it’s somewhere I think I might like to stay in the future.

Doing the monorail loop is always a must do activity when we go. We like to shop and take pictures and explore the resort for whats changed. We usually also grab a bite to eat along the way. We start at CR, then Poly, then GF and try to catch the Cinderella parade and the Big Band that plays at Mizners.

AKL - the Savannah is fun. Zebra domes at Mara
Poly - The Dole Whip is always good.
While not on your list, at Wilderness, the geyser is fun to watch.
GF - not sure if your kids would appreciate it, but in the evening, the Jazz band is very good.
In the evening, watching the Electric Water Pageant from Poly/GF/Contemporary.

A thought for future resort hop would be to tour the Epcot resorts of Boardwalk Inn and Yacht and Beach Club. Boardwalk Inn has very distinct theme stepping back in time.

After my 1st step inside the AKL, I knew I had to stay there for a vacation. Luckily I got to do it twice!
If you do hop over to the AKL, I'd advise at least 2 hours to explore. We would spend about .5 to 45 minutes at the safari everyday (pool view only room). It was always amazing how in just a minute or 2, you could witness something that another person had just missed walking away or just missed by walking up a few minutes later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter