What to put in surprise suitcases for Christmas gift for kids?

sillyminny

Love Disney World. Love Survivor and Idol shows as
We are going soon to WDW and I bought cases for our kids. I have the GOH badges, eye goggles, tickets.
What other goodies can I pop in these as they are going under the tree? I have access to the Disney store, thanks

I'm not sure what you can put in, but you gave me a great idea!

We are headed to WDW in a few weeks, and I think the kids will love that idea!

Thanks...hope you have a great time!
Lisajl

I could suggest ordering from WDW merchandising: wdw lanyards, the pin starting ones are nice, they have plain, princess and buzz lightyear, autograph books and fat pens, I like the epcot passports (but not everyone does) also the 100 years of magic handheld game is great!

The Disney Store had some great things in a bin - buy three get one free. I got these cool Diseny washclothes that expand in water, and also some really cute Micky lights - Mickey is floating in water with glitter and when you press a small button it lights up. I got these for both kids, but mainly for my daughter to use on dark rides - it is a very small light. Also, beanies are really fun and a couple tee shirts and sweatshirts to wear when they are there. We leave tomorrow and I gave my kids all these things wrapped up a couple nights ago and asked if they wanted to open a few early Christmas gifts - they were estatic! Over several months of I bought 3 tees, 2 sweatshirts, and the other things mentioned above, they were sooooo happy. They just kept saying, Thank you, thank you!! It was fun.

I second the beanies - get a few of your kid's favorite characters, they can throw them in their carryon when you go, and Mousekeeping may do fun things with them while you are out at the parks.

I bought a bunch of beanie babies discounted on Disney.com, and one of the highlights of my 3 daughters' trip was coming back to see what the beanies were doing today! A lot more fun than towel animals!!

My mom did this for my DD for her 2nd birthday, we were leaving the next month for Disney. It was a big hit! Mom had bought the Princess light-up suitcase which DD would carry all around the DS whenever we visited. In it she put a Minnie & Mickey Jean Jacket, Princess t-shirt, crayons and a Disney coloring book, Bear in the Big Blue House video, Winnie-the-Pooh sun hat and sunglasses, Winnie-the-Pooh bathing suit, and Mickey & Minnie beanies.

You're kids will love it! Have fun filling it!

I'm doing something similar for our kids (dd 13 and ds 3) when we go in February. I had almost decided to give them stuff to tell them at Christmas, but decided instead to give them each a backpack the morning we leave (that's the first they'll hear of the trip).

In the backpacks, I'm putting; suntan lotion, Disney for Kids book, Mickey soaps from the last trip, some Disney plush or beanies, beachball from last trip, sunglasses, light chasers from TDS (only $10), etc. There are some good ideas in these posts...I'll keep thinking too!

don't forget autograph book and pen!

I had great luck with www.giftsofaliftime.com

Definitely get the auto books and pens, maybe lanyards, if they will collect pins. If they do want to do pins, buy some Disney Store pins to trade away. They are more expensive in WDW.

Maybe some Disney themed coloring books, new markers, etc.

Have fun!

I also bought some different Hasbro keychain games which I have found at Dollar Stores, Zellers, Grand & Toy.

-- a Minnie Mouse cushion for long car drive.
-- a behind-car-seat-in-front-of-you organizer/desk for car.
-- A new GameBoy game -- our kids love the Mickey Racing one they already have
-- Some Dollar Store glow stix/jewelry
-- their own cameras & film & batteries & a waterproof disposable to share
-- some earplugs
-- a couple Dollar Store pool toys
-- the aforementioned beanies (don't take up as much room in car as the usual stuffed animals they want with them) & mini-flashlight
-- trip journals & gel pens
-- AND we got the Hockey Playing Potato Head Zellers was advertising before. The kids don't know yet about the Disney Potato Head accessories at Dowtown Disney, but they'll be doing that for sure. Should be nice play value on the way down & back
-- some gummy snacks of Princesses, Buzz Lightyear for their waist pouches

Hope this helps for some ideas.

How about some Disney $'s so they can get some souvenirs while they're in WDW.

My kids loved their disposable cameras for the trip! Another suggesion is to get a video or cd. There are a few cd's that play the music from the parks and there are a couple of videos that show parts of the parks. We have the Animal kingdom one and the Beach one. My kids like the Beach one the best. It shows the different water parks. Also, when you are buying stuff, don't forget that they will want to buy suveniers when you are down there so Disney Dollars might be better than spending a lot of money on trinkets before you even get there!

My kids loved their disposable cameras for the trip! Another suggesion is to get a video or cd. There are a few cd's that play the music from the parks and there are a couple of videos that show parts of the parks. We have the Animal kingdom one and the Beach one. My kids like the Beach one the best. It shows the different water parks. Also, when you are buying stuff, don't forget that they will want to buy suveniers when you are down there so Disney Dollars might be better than spending a lot of money on trinkets before you even get there!

The bags are being packed and wrapped today! Thank you for all your great ideas!!!!!
I really like the idea of surprising them the day of the trip but too many people know and we live in a small town!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter